Love fulfills the law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
1. As did Moses. Both qualified to be met by God. As do we all. But living with God. Just think about it. If what you saying is true then what you are actually saying is that Jesus did not need to die for Abraham's sins.

2. Non sequitur to this discussion.

3. No. But they have this right ;). I am not sure what is confusing. Are you saying God cannot discern the difference between giving a kid too much candy vs raping the kid?

No offence to you Angelina. But I am truly worried about all those that can't grasp / don't teach that there are mortal and venial sins. Paul is clear that we must judge properly 1 Cor 6:1-9 and Jesus could not be clearer when He says ''we look at fruits''.

I am worried because it is the building blocks of ''well my mortal sin is not so bad because we all have sin''. Rom 2:6 could not be clearer. ''We will be rewarded according to what we did''.

If God had an adulterer stoned to death in the OT, we can be sure that God has no less of a fate envisioned for any adulterer in the NT that does not repent and change their ways. Mortal sinners are walking on thin ice.
It is obvious from these responses that you really cannot discern the difference between the old Covenant and the New Covenant. Maybe you should take some time off and study these two issues to see how different they are and the how the book of Hebrews calls the old Covenant obsolete and since 70 AD, has basically ceased to exist. One cannot be subject to rules under a covenant that no longer exists.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If God had an adulterer stoned to death in the OT, we can be sure that God has no less of a fate envisioned for any adulterer in the NT
When I read this post I nearly cried,.. Is that really what you think of God,

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Stoning hmm

Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

And what did Jesus come to do

Luk_4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

With such a distorted view of God its no wonder christianity is a mess.

Grace, mercy, Love always the number one preferred option, but man prefers the law.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
It is obvious from these responses that you really cannot discern the difference between the old Covenant and the New Covenant. Maybe you should take some time off and study these two issues to see how different they are and the how the book of Hebrews calls the old Covenant obsolete and since 70 AD, has basically ceased to exist. One cannot be subject to rules under a covenant that no longer exists.
Jesus fulfilling the law is not Jesus doing away with the law. We are in a new covenant, but God does not change.

I look forward to the day you quote more, assume less and talk like someone who has the Holy Spirit.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
When I read this post I nearly cried,.. Is that really what you think of God,

Joh 9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Stoning hmm

Joh 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Hos 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

And what did Jesus come to do

Luk_4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

With such a distorted view of God its no wonder christianity is a mess.

Grace, mercy, Love always the number one preferred option, but man prefers the law.
No, don't cry ;). You are not fully grasping me.

God does not change. God is not evil / short of love OT or NT. God is and has always been love.

We have to grasp that stoning to death OT was done properly. No small stones. No stone, stop, stone, stop. Elders oversaw it. It was to be graphic but quick. The heart of God is not ever in favor of torture. God only annihilates / brings a swift death to His enemies. Those whose sin is full measure die and go to hell. The fate for those in adultery unrepentant is a short life and an eternity in hell. Just because they are not stoned to death does not mean death by other means is not en route. The terrible fate is hell. Not stoning.

Jesus did not disagree with stoning her to death. He taught from the OT in synagogues for many years. He agrees with it. But Jesus fuflilled it. Psalm 51:17 always existed for those in the OT. They may not have escaped the elders, but with God a heart condition had merit. Jesus came to enforce this. Only He could as He is God. Hence He said to them, ''whoever is without sin'' . Hence He said ''do not judge'' when it was clearly hypocritical. He also said ''Go and sin no more''.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus agreed with stoning to death. Man you really have some serious issues with who God is. If Jesus agreed with stoning to death he should of being the one who stoned teh women as He was teh only one who by any right could have. You really need to get your head out of that book you are reading and look to God. My firend in a conversation with Jesus asked Him how long it took before it all went to pot, His answer was, the moment He left the spirit of the antichrist came in and look at what he has done.

God is love love doesnt stone people.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
Jesus agreed with stoning to death. Man you really have some serious issues with who God is. If Jesus agreed with stoning to death he should of being the one who stoned teh women as He was teh only one who by any right could have. You really need to get your head out of that book you are reading and look to God. My firend in a conversation with Jesus asked Him how long it took before it all went to pot, His answer was, the moment He left the spirit of the antichrist came in and look at what he has done.

God is love love doesnt stone people.
Are you proposing God's law in the OT was evil?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you proposing God's law in the OT was evil?
No. God forbid, Gods laws are good, they are for bad people because bad people need rules and regulations to show them what is good, but those who are in Christ have no need for laws because they are not bad people.

Have you not read

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

It is not really that strange that those who keep the law seem to have such problems with sin.

As for the Jews to whom teh law was given

Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

See it is by grace we are saved through faith, some people just love kicking against the goads, or is it pricks, depending on what bible you read.

As my friend of mine just pointed out, Jesus broke the law by not stoning her, disobeying God, are you going to stone Jesus??

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
mjrhealth said:
As my friend of mine just pointed out, Jesus broke the law by not stoning her, disobeying God, are you going to stone Jesus??
Jesus did not break the law. You did not read my post explaining this properly. He fulfilled the law. He saw her heart had hope. Elders that would enforce laws can't see the heart. Only God can. Hence only Jesus could fulfil the law. Hence if she would have continued in sin (which she didn't) I doubt Jesus would have rescued her.

mjrhealth said:
See it is by grace we are saved through faith, some people just love kicking against the goads, or is it pricks, depending on what bible you read.
Faith to be saved is God given. No man can have faith in Jesus being Lord without the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12:3 is very clear on this. Please never again make this terrible mistake ;). God does not make mistakes. He judges heart and mind at a level no human can Jer 17:10. Our self mustered faith is as relevant to God and salvation as mud on my shoe is.

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

We get to the airport. Then get a plane ticket. Salvation is the plane that we had nothing to do with. It takes us to God. Your and my faith DOES NOT get us to the airport. The gift of salvation / saving faith is a gift to those who actually love Him. Those who love Him obey His commandments John 14:15 / Hate what is evil and cling to what is good Rom 12:9.

OSAS may be true but never from our perspective, only God's. Hence we are to daily examine ourselves in fear and trembling before God Phil 2:12, 1 Cor 11:31 and never be too confident that we have made it 1 Cor 10:12..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
OSAS may be true but never from our perspective, only God's. Hence we are to daily examine ourselves in fear and trembling before God Phil 2:12, 1 Cor 11:31 and never be too confident that we have made it 1 Cor 10:12..
You are some confused person.

If God believes we are saved than how can it not be true, your statement syas quiet plainly that you disagree with God??? Yes Christ can see her heart, has nothing to do what He did, He did what He did, because as I said previously,

The pharrisees like christians seem to choose teh law above grace, that is mans errror not Gods.

I agrre, faith comes for m Christ so wahy dont you beleiev Him.
If God says you are saved, are you going to tell Him, "no im not".

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
KingJ said:
and never be too confident that we have made it 1 Cor 10:12..
Confidence comes through believing KingJ.

1 John 5:9-14 NIV / Psa 21:4 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1 Cor 10:12 NIV - This has nothing to do with salvation, it has to do with temptation. Also read 1 Cor 10:13 NIV.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Confidence comes from God through believing..

2 Cor 3:2-5 NIV You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.

2 Cor 10:7 NIV You are looking only on the surface of things. If anyone is confident that he belongs to Christ, he should consider again that we belong to Christ just as much as he.

Eph 3:12 NIV In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Phil 1:3-6 NIV I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Heb 10:19-22 NIV Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Heb 11:1 NIV Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Heb 13:6 NIV So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”

1 John 3:21 NIV Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God

1 John 4:17 NIV This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

1 John 5:9-14 NIV / Psa 21:4 NIV We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Confidence comes through believing, Heb 6:4-9...

Heb 6:9 NLT Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don't believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Jesus fulfilling the law is not Jesus doing away with the law. We are in a new covenant, but God does not change.
I look forward to the day you quote more, assume less and talk like someone who has the Holy Spirit.
It sure is, and as a matter of fact when it was fulfilled, it was no longer required and that's exactly what Jesus did by fulfilling the obligation of a blood sacrifice under the law for sin. Sorry you don't get that but that's exactly what Jesus did, so consequently we are no longer under the law but we are under grace. That means that God deals with each one of us individually when we accept his son as our savior. He writes his laws on our hearts and those laws are for us as individuals not for us in the same fashion that the old Covenant laws were. It is a new covenant. What don't you understand about new?
I doubt very much that you look forward to that day because that just means that you'll be even more wrong than you are now.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Confidence comes through believing, Heb 6:4-9...

Heb 6:9 NLT Dear friends, even though we are talking this way, we really don't believe it applies to you. We are confident that you are meant for better things, things that come with salvation.

Good points ATP fulfilling the law does not equal abolishing...it means "filling to the fullest" He did this by introducing not only the keeping the law, but also the spirit of the law...(if someone is angry at his brother for no reason he has committed murder etc etc..)..Jesus said in Matthew 5 Heaven and earth will pass away but nothing will be changed in the law until all is fulfilled...obviously in reference to His return...Heaven and earth are still here, so nothing has changed in the law...
And yes God says He writes the laws on our hearts and minds, and He will be our God, and we will be His people..as per Hebrews...so God changes not, and neither do His laws!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Loves does fulfill the law and God did this in the form of his son. Love is: Christ's sacrifice of himself on the cross for all who believe in him by faith, once and for all!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Even satan and his deomons BELIEVE and they tremble according to Apostle James..but satan and his demons do not go the whole ten yards...they do not follow the law of love the ten commandments...as Jesus summarized them in Matthew Love God, for the first four commandments, and love your neighbour, for the last six commandments...now you have complete Biblical love...you are fulfilling the God's law, the ten commandments...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its ok HTE but you will never understand, because you dont want the truth. The law does abosulelty nothing for anyone. People died before the law, people died after the law, people died even when Christ fulfilled the law. teh law achived nothing, but was necessary so that Christ could pay the price so that man could be redeemed back to God. But some more for thought.

Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Gal_2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

When one is in Christ one is dead to teh law, IE. It has no hold on one, because we have been baptised into His death, and since we are dead with Him the Law has no jusidiction. We have being judged and foun innocent by His death and resurrection. Something that those whom insist on teh law do not have, Grace...