Love Your Enemies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
bin ladin is my enemy and i assume is yours. i DO NOT (nor will i ever) love him in any way.

So OK, no sweat, Jesus just said that if you do then you are acting like your heavenly Father, which would indicate that if you don't your not. Boy I sure like keeping things simple don't you?
tongue.gif

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
oh, btw, i must ask. is bin ladin, satan or his followers your enemy? do you love them?

Good question, I don't think of Bin Ladin as an enemy, as far as Satan and his demons while I guess you could consider them as enemies I have power and authority over them so I don't fear them. I can't say that I love them so I guess I am not like my Father in heaven in that respect.
sad.gif

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
Good question, I don't think of Bin Ladin as an enemy, as far as Satan and his demons while I guess you could consider them as enemies I have power and authority over them so I don't fear them. I can't say that I love them so I guess I am not like my Father in heaven in that respect.
sad.gif

God hs all ready condemned Satan to to eternay death so we know what God thinks of him.

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
TO BN LADIN AND the taliban, i am an infedel. just for that reason alone, they would kill me in a minute in the name of alla, just like they did those in the twin towers. if im not with them, im their enemy. therefore, i guess they are my enemies.

ahigherway

Jun 17, 2010
Luke 6:35 "Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don't be concerned that they might not repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked.

How does this scripture fit with the common eschatologies of today?

My personal experience in churches preaching eternal hell/annihilation, such as fundamentalist groups, has only taught me to judge, hate, condemn and despise my neighbor. The Christian groups I frequented taught that His love, mercy and patience only last so long. Since I had been told that God condemns unbelievers to hell, I could not love them. It was impossible.
This was very contradictory to the experiences I have had in prayer in the Spirit.
But today, I believe in a Saviour who has successfully saved the world He came to save! Praise God! God IS love.

Just my 2c..

Blessings to all here,
brian

Grat

Feb 18, 2008
Sydney, Australia
There are a lot of people who can quote scripture. It makes them feel religious. They wear it like a purple robe and make sure everyone sees it. It is an inherited weakness in mankind to always want to appear religious. Jesus did not care much for them in his day and I suspect he feels the same today.

And if that is not enough these folks turn to using super religious words and call Our Lord Yeshua as though it is a badge of honor compared to just using plain old "Jesus" like the rest of us unwashed nobodies.

I find very few people who can shut off the (cut and paste) computer , close the bible , and actually have a decent intelligent conversation about meaningful things in Christianity.

Weak people have to cut down others , or belittle others , all in order to appear superior in their knowledge. Yet behind it all and behind the smokescreen remains a weak person.

Satan quoted scriptures perfectly but it gained him nothing.

A 5 year old child can explain Christianity and gain everything.

Scripture has never saved anyone. Understanding scripture can save a few.
Well said. 9 1/2 out of 10. If I'm ever in Winnipeg we'll have to get together for a drink & a chat - sounds like I'd love it.
(The missing 1/2 point is because I’m a bit pedantic. It’s not the understanding of scripture but JC himself who saves the lot.)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God gave us eyes yet we are so blind that we cant see, God gave us ears so hat we could hear, yet we are deaf to what we dont want to hear,and sharp as a razor when it come to things we want to hear. How we can call ourselves chrisians when we are as carnal as the rest of the world, Who is you enemy, you are your own worst enemy, you keep youself from the truth, you deny the power of God, ou look at the world through your worldy eyes and see that which you choose to see and ignore what you dont. Who is you enemy, some would say binladan , but the rest of the world would consider him a friend, who is in the wrong , a nation defending its territory from an invading superpower, or teh invading nation, who is in the wrong, a soldier in another country doing what he is told, or a father defending his home from the same said soldier. Open you eyes, and look then you will see. it isnt as you see, for there is much hidden and when the day comes you will wonder how you where so deceived.

In His LOve

forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us

It is not an option

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
My personal experience in churches preaching eternal hell/annihilation, such as fundamentalist groups, has only taught me to judge, hate, condemn and despise my neighbor. The Christian groups I frequented taught that His love, mercy and patience only last so long. Since I had been told that God condemns unbelievers to hell, I could not love them. It was impossible.
This was very contradictory to the experiences I have had in prayer in the Spirit.
But today, I believe in a Saviour who has successfully saved the world He came to save! Praise God! God IS love.

Just my 2c..

Blessings to all here,
brian

This has been my experience also, thanks for sharing Ahigherway.
smile.gif

Yes I have, what's your point?

So what has your study on aion and aionios proven to mean?

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
This has been my experience also, thanks for sharing Ahigherway.
smile.gif

Jiggyfly, please leave Paul alone. He has no time for a study on such a subject, with the many other details of his life being more important. Of the few people I know who can actually can say they have done the study of the Greek word aion, especially as it relates to God's revealed word, none of them have remained unchanged. They have all gone through a radical transformation of mind and heart. I do not believe that God has called everyone to understanding the truth concerning its misinterpretation in most versions. It is one of many truths that remain hidden by sectarianism and tradition. It just may be that your privilege could be another man's waterloo.

fivesense

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
It's been a while since I looked at them, so again, what's your point.

fivesense, I can answer for myself, OK!

You said;

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
God hs all ready condemned Satan to to eternay death so we know what God thinks of him.
[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma][size="2"]and so I asked;[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
Hey Paul, have you ever done a word study on aion and aionios?
[/size][/font]

[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma][size="2"]which you replied;[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
Yes I have, what's your point?
[/size][/font]

[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma][size="2"]then I said;[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma][size="2"]
[/size][/font]

[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma][size="2"]My point is I am curious what your word study of aion and aionois has revealed to you?[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma] [/font]