Luke 1:43

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you must accept the “tradition of men” who under king James deleted whole books and many chapters from scripture negating the word of God

Lk 1:28 Hail Mary full of grace! Is scripture!

You are an enthusiastic kool-aid drinker. I'll give you that!

Just out of curiosity, what is the alternative to accepting “tradition of men” who compiled the books of the Bible, calling it the Word of God?

Your foundation is quick sand. Moving from one logical fallacy after another, you cannot even admit the Popes of your denomination lack authority for they do not demonstrate the miraculous powers of the Apostles who walked with Christ. In other words, even demonstrable facts are impervious to your indoctrination.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is the mother of God!

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Lk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

so the Lord is the Lord God almighty!

Proving the divinity of Jesus Christ!

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Eph 5:32
The Eleven and Paul are the only apostles. All of those who follow Jesus are saints.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mind if I chime in?

The grammatical tense of the verb "has" in the verse below is present
tense, indicating the Jesus' believing followers all possess eternal life now, in
this life, before they pass on.

John 5:24 . . I tell you the truth: whoever hears my word, and believes him
who sent me, has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed
over from death to life.

According to Jesus, people currently lacking eternal life are lacking it
because they don't listen to his word, nor believe his Father, ergo: they are
currently condemned, dead, and in grave danger of the sum of all fears.

I grew up a Catholic boy and received enough indoctrination in catechism to
complete First Holy Communion and Confirmation. I was told that eternal life
is something people get after they die rather than getting it in this life; the
meanwhile there's no telling whether they'll end up in Heaven or in Hell.

When I grew older, and ran across passages like John 5:24 in the Bible; I
felt betrayed by the Church. However, the Church's incompetence didn't
make me angry or indignant. In point of fact I was very relieved to discover
that what it had taught me was wrong.
_

Its all good! The more the merrier!

the life we have now is grace received thru the sacraments
Matt 24:13 then we endure

and

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

It is amazing that you post the church against the New Testament or visa versa cos the church wrote the New Testament

the church cannot be incompetent or in error Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

Making a doctrine out of this passage is foolishness. they probably approached Peter simply because he was from Capernaum and they knew him. YOu are grasping at straws!

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

again grasping at straws. Taking a simple statement about paying taxes and implying it shows Peter as the de facto pope. You are grasping at pieces of straw now!

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

So Peter becomes Eliajkim? Show me where the key to thte house of David has become the keys of the kingdom.
You are now grasping at atomic size pieces of straw!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an enthusiastic kool-aid drinker. I'll give you that!

Just out of curiosity, what is the alternative to accepting “tradition of men” who compiled the books of the Bible, calling it the Word of God?

The apostolic tradition with the authority of Christ bound on earth bound in heaven matt 16:28 & 18:18

Your foundation is quick sand. Moving from one logical fallacy after another, you cannot even admit the Popes of your denomination lack authority for they do not demonstrate the miraculous powers of the Apostles who walked with Christ. In other words, even demonstrable facts are impervious to your indoctrination.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Eleven and Paul are the only apostles. All of those who follow Jesus are saints.
Not saints but called to be saints
Saints in general are not the same as canonized saint

Mathias not an apostle?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Untrue. The Eastern Orthodox Church compiled the letters and Gospels of those who walked with Christ. Nearly 8 centuries later, your church was formed.

the quote orthodox did not exist until they created a schism in 1050

the one true church Jn 10:16 was founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 & 18:18

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saints but called to be saints
Saints in general are not the same as canonized saint

Mathias not an apostle?
No such thing as a canonized saint. Luke 18:14.
Perhaps you didn't know but an apostle is personally sent by Jesus Christ to establish the foundation of his teaching. 1 Corinthians 3:10-11

The foundation of his teaching is preserved in the New Testament.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making a doctrine out of this passage is foolishness. they probably approached Peter simply because he was from Capernaum and they knew him. YOu are grasping at straws!

again grasping at straws. Taking a simple statement about paying taxes and implying it shows Peter as the de facto pope. You are grasping at pieces of straw now!

So Peter becomes Eliajkim? Show me where the key to thte house of David has become the keys of the kingdom.
You are now grasping at atomic size pieces of straw!

Isa 22:21-22 keys of the kingdom
Davidic kingdom
Lk 1:32-33 Jesus is this king
Matt 16:18 peter has these keys

btw why is only Peter involved here in both the intermediary and in the tax?

where are the others? Christ and peter are one
Christ and his church are one
Jn 21:17 only Peter
He is the leader the head of the church on earth the prince of the apostles
The servant of the servants of God

the vicar of Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a canonized saint. Luke 18:14.
Perhaps you didn't know but an apostle is personally sent by Jesus Christ to establish the foundation of his teaching. 1 Corinthians 3:10-11

The foundation of his teaching is preserved in the New Testament.

if Christ has authority to send apostles then the apostles have the same authority Jn 20:21-23 same mission ministry power and authority as Christ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the quote orthodox did not exist until they created a schism in 1050

the one true church Jn 10:16 was founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 & 18:18

It is amazing how consistently wrong you are. It’s becoming comedic relief.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if Christ has authority to send apostles then the apostles have the same authority Jn 20:21-23 same mission ministry power and authority as Christ
They are done now. The foundation has been laid. Jesus now sends prophets, evangelists, teachers and preachers to build on that foundation.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are in Christ by faith and baptism
Mk 16:16 Acts 8:36-38

The trinity and the divinity of Christ are Christian doctrines necessary to be Christian and have the possibility of salvation
To deny them is to deny Christ and the faith of Christians

Thanks for your definition Faith. The actual definition is one who follows Jesus, obeying his teachings. Christians are assigned teaching others all the things he commanded. You are correct that in following Jesus' example, his followers would at some point in their faith get baptized. However, you are not correct that his actual followers would worship a triune god. True Christians worship and serve the God that Jesus bore testimony about. Jesus while under temptation clearly said this: (Matthew 4:10) . . .it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

So by Jesus' words, his followers worship and serve Jehovah exclusively. True, we serve everyone, the actual meaning of the word minister, and it is part of our sacred service, but we do this because we love Jehovah 1 Jn 5:3

Knowing Jehovah and obeying the gospel, or in other words Christian laws given through God's word the Bible is a requirement for a person to be a true Christian sir.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your definition Faith. The actual definition is one who follows Jesus, obeying his teachings. Christians are assigned teaching others all the things he commanded. You are correct that in following Jesus' example, his followers would at some point in their faith get baptized. However, you are not correct that his actual followers would worship a triune god. True Christians worship and serve the God that Jesus bore testimony about. Jesus while under temptation clearly said this: (Matthew 4:10) . . .it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

So by Jesus' words, his followers worship and serve Jehovah exclusively. True, we serve everyone, the actual meaning of the word minister, and it is part of our sacred service, but we do this because we love Jehovah 1 Jn 5:3

Knowing Jehovah and obeying the gospel, or in other words Christian laws given through God's word the Bible is a requirement for a person to be a true Christian sir.

True Christians follow, obey and WORSHIP the LORD = Jesus the Christ

So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does. 20The Father loves the Son and shows Him all He does. And to your amazement, He will show Him even greater works than these. 21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom He wishes. 22Furthermore, the Father judges no one, but has assigned all judgment to the Son,
23so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father.
Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Two PERSONS are Present and Equal here = Father and SON = Elohim and LORD

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mind if I chime in?

The grammatical tense of the verb "has" in the verse below is present
tense, indicating the Jesus' believing followers all possess eternal life now, in
this life, before they pass on.

John 5:24 . . I tell you the truth: whoever hears my word, and believes him
who sent me, has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed
over from death to life.

According to Jesus, people currently lacking eternal life are lacking it
because they don't listen to his word, nor believe his Father, ergo: they are
currently condemned, dead, and in grave danger of the sum of all fears.

I grew up a Catholic boy and received enough indoctrination in catechism to
complete First Holy Communion and Confirmation. I was told that eternal life
is something people get after they die rather than getting it in this life; the
meanwhile there's no telling whether they'll end up in Heaven or in Hell.

When I grew older, and ran across passages like John 5:24 in the Bible; I
felt betrayed by the Church. However, the Church's incompetence didn't
make me angry or indignant. In point of fact I was very relieved to discover
that what it had taught me was wrong.
_

Sure sir, don't mind at all. I remember when I first ran across that, along with the clearer companion Jn 11:26, I was thinking it was a false statement, any honest hearted person would don't you think, after all, every single one of Jesus' apostles died. So those verses are a good lesson that stated things are not always literal.

None of us know who will be judged worthy of life or death. The Bible tells us that responsibility has been delegated to Jesus, the one who has the keys. But one thing we can see is, there are requirements to everlasting life. We also see that those requirements vary among individuals because of their capabilities. The key to survival from the very beginning is obedience, of which I am sure you will agree. The very first step mentioned in the Bible for eternal life, is knowing God and Jesus, therefore we need to do our utmost to learn about them and what they require of us.

Although it is logical that many serve God for what they might get, including myself, doing so is showing love for God 1 Jn 5:3. I can truthfully testify that the finish of that verse is quite true, it is no burden to observe Jehovah's commandments, as a matter of fact, I will testify that it is the best way of life. I was not raised in the truth, therefore I have lived being my own god, as well as for Him. I personally testify, His was is infinitely better, even if one does not receive the gift of life.

Can you think of anything that is better than observing God's commandments?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is amazing that you post the church against the New Testament or visa
versa

Many of the Catholics I've known personally, and those with whom I've
dialogued online, place far more faith in the Catechism of the Catholic
Church (a.k.a. CCC) than they do the Bible; which is not an uncommon
error. For example: when Christ was here, he condemned elements of
Judaism that the Jews lent more authority than the Bible (Matt 23:23 and
Mark 7:6-13). Well, that being his manner; I've no doubt Christ has a list of
things that he'd like very much culled from the CCC.

Anyway; whether the Bible is someone's sole authority or their secondary
authority makes no difference because in the long run it is still an authority--
a valid authority fully recognized as such by the Roman Catholic Church.

According to the Vatican Council (Sess. III, c. ii) the Scriptures are sacred
and canonical because "having been written by inspiration of the Holy Ghost,
they have God for their author"

There's also this by Paulus PP VI, from the Vatican, September 18, 1970

"In its pages we recognize His voice, we hear a message of deep significance
for every one of us. Through the spiritual dynamism and prophetic force of
the Bible, the Holy Spirit spreads His light and His warmth over all men, in
whatever historical or sociological situation they find themselves."

So then; according to that Vatican Council and to Paulus PP VI; when people
listen to the Bible; they're hearing the voice of God, and also listening to
that which the Holy Spirit utilizes to spread His light and His warmth over all
men.

One of Christ's parables spoke of a farmer sowing seed. The Lord interpreted
the seed to be the word of God (Luke 8:11) which in his day didn't include
the CCC. In other words: the seed in the parable refers to the Holy Bible.

When John Que and Jane Doe pew warmer allow themselves to become
indifferent to the Bible, they become the soil on the path; a location in which
the word of God does not take root; consequently their indifference becomes
a killing field for evil.

"Those on the path are the ones who have heard, but the Devil comes and
takes away the word from their hearts that they may not believe and be
saved." (Luke 8:12)
_

Reactions: David in NJ