Lying to defend truth!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
It is so painful that Most people tell lies just to defend truth of the bible. I have also come to realize that truth, no matter how long must prevail. Sometimes, we say something wrong about God but as time goes on, we come to realize that God is not like that. Up till now, am still thinking about the bible calling God love when hates, pains, jealousies........ are everywhere. I know that someday, God will prove Himself Love to me!

Just speaking.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 4 : 16 (KJV)
And we known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

People of this world are cruel, hateful, and mean. God is not like that at all. Jesus Christ is all the proof you need.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Judd, you are so right, lies only come from satan, he is the father of lies, so by there works we know who there father is.

In His Love

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians I have met have no problem using an 'ends justifies the means' philosophy and this includes lying. It is certainly advocated by the LDS church - it is actually one of their teachings.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Many Christians I have met have no problem using an 'ends justifies the means' philosophy and this includes lying. It is certainly advocated by the LDS church - it is actually one of their teachings.
I personally would like to see a thread on Mormon doctrines. Hint, hint

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is so painful that Most people tell lies just to defend truth of the bible. I have also come to realize that truth, no matter how long must prevail. Sometimes, we say something wrong about God but as time goes on, we come to realize that God is not like that. Up till now, am still thinking about the bible calling God love when hates, pains, jealousies........ are everywhere. I know that someday, God will prove Himself Love to me!

Just speaking.

To address the other side of the argument (and there are two sides are there not?), there is an epidemic of disbelief and ungrounded accusation at work. Not for nothing did the writer of the book of Acts pen these verses;

"Go thou unto this people, and say, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall in no wise understand; And seeing ye shall see, and shall in no wise perceive:
For this people’s heart is waxed gross, And their ears are dull of hearing, And their eyes they have closed; Lest haply they should perceive with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And should turn again, And I should heal them."

Act 28:26&27

"we come to realize that God is not like that".......meaning what?
Meaning a softening or corruption of the gospel message?
We see lots and lots of that these days.

Rob Bell's name comes to mind as an example of the kind of lying heresy that passes for good news.

It's NOT all about love. It IS about the righteousness of God and His work at reconciliation IN THE MIDST OF A SINFUL GENERATION.
The love of God REQUIRES that sin be abandoned. It isn't excused or winked at by any stretch of the imagination.

The modern concept of the love of God would have Christ dying on the cross for nothing.
There was a reason He suffered and a reason why we must accept it in order to obtain the justice of God in our lives.
The love of God is NOT a blank check of forgiveness for everybody.
Not everyone will accept it and not everyone will be saved.
Jesus said so, and if it's good enough for Him it is good enough for us.

"And one said unto him, Lord, are they few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in by the narrow door: for many, I say unto you, shall seek to enter in, and shall not be able."
Luke 13:23 & 24