MacGod & O'God - St. Paty's Day is a comin'!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely the Irish know what it is to be O' their Father!

• Mac, Scottish and Irish Gaelic surname prefix meaning son.” It is equivalent to the Anglo-Norman and Hiberno-Norman Fitz and the Welsh Ap (formerly Map).
  • In contrast to Mc- and Mac-, found in both Ireland and Scotland, the prefix O' is unique to Ireland. It is derived from the Gaelic word “ua,” also abbreviated as uí or Ó, meaning “grandson of.” Thus any name beginning with O' is without question an Irish patronymic.

Ye who are born O' the spirit of God, sure as yer born, whether ye be sons or grandsons--ye are His! And ye lasses too! ;)

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dads name was Mac. At least that is how I think it is spelled, could be Mack. He is dead, heart attack somewhere in 2017-2018 never knew him. Supposedly my mother suggest the Gallagher’s came from Ireland; they have stores over there with the Gallagher name, at least that was the information given to me.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dads name was Mac. At least that is how I think it is spelled, could be Mack. He is dead, heart attack somewhere in 2017-2018 never knew him. Supposedly my mother suggest the Gallagher’s came from Ireland; they have stores over there with the Gallagher name, at least that was the information given to me.
Aye, then you be both a Mac and an O' for sure! ;)

Reactions: MatthewG