Make No Mistake! God Will Kill Some For Not Keeping His Dietary Laws! Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Right here, if you continue to do so.....

Isa.66
[15] For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
[16] For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
[17] They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Now this may not be the only thing He consumes you for. The bottom line is that you have been warned about THIS law and yet you continue to disobey! Not only do you not obey, but you boast and brag of how long you have done so.

Somebody is going to be consumed for eating unclean foods.....but it does not have to be you!

Pray for wisdom and understanding.
"Make No Mistake! God Will Kill Some For Not Keeping His Dietary Laws"

Isaiah is not saying that violating OT dietary laws requires the death penalty. He was simply saying not only were they doing evil they were also not obeying the dietary laws.

Colossians 2:16 (NKJV)
[sup]16 [/sup]So LET NO ONE JUDGE YOU IN FOOD or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, [sup] [/sup]

Ok Lord, I won't.

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
Isaiah is not saying that violating OT dietary laws requires the death penalty.

Really? So I guess the following is going to be something like 'Club Med'?

"....shall be consumed together, saith the LORD....."

Col.2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Readers.....understand what Paul is saying here! He is NOT doing away with or saying you can eat anything, or worship on any day you please. Paul is simply saying, do not be bothered by what others say concerning what it is you are observing.

Notice he mentions holydays and sabbath days. The holydays are God's feast days and the sabbath was God's 7th day sabbath.....both, obviously, still being kept by Paul!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Really? So I guess the following is going to be something like 'Club Med'?

"....shall be consumed together, saith the LORD....."

There were plenty of death penalties in THE LAW. Show us where they executed anyone for eating pork.
Readers.....understand what Paul is saying here! He is NOT doing away with or saying you can eat anything, or worship on any day you please. Paul is simply saying, do not be bothered by what others say concerning what it is you are observing.
God clearly said "commanding to abstain from foods" is "doctrines of demons".

1 Timothy 4:1-4 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and DOCTRINES OF DEMONS, [sup]2 [/sup]speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, [sup]3 [/sup]forbidding to marry, and COMMANDING TO ABSTAIN FROM FOODS which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. [sup]4 [/sup]For EVERY CREATURE OF GOD IS GOOD AND NOTHING IS TO BE REFUSED if it is received with thanksgiving;
Notice he mentions holydays and sabbath days. The holydays are God's feast days and the sabbath was God's 7th day sabbath.....both, obviously, still being kept by Paul!
Obviously? Scripture please. Christians have the New Covenant. You should read it.

Aug 28, 2010
Obviously? Scripture please. Christians have the New Covenant. You should read it.

Acts 20
[6] And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

1 Cor 5
[8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Paul keeping the Feast of Unleavened Bread!

Acts 20
[16] For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Paul keeping The Day of Pentecost!

Acts 13
[13] Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem.
[14] But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
[42] And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
[43] Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
[44] And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Paul keeping the Sabbath day; God's 7th day Sabbath day.

Now let's read what Paul read to both the Jews AND the GENTILES on God's 7th day Sabbath......

[15] And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
[16] Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

So Paul read and taught not only to BOTH groups about God's laws, but as Paul put it, "....and ye that fear God..." Let's continue.....

[26] Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

So the word of salvation was the same for both Jews, Gentiles and ALL that feared the Lord!

Here are your scriptures. They are from the bible......maybe you should read ALL of it sometimes.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Paul was teaching about Grace, not THE LAW. Where better to teach than when they met on the Sabbath? They were in transition from THE LAW to Grace.

John 1:17 (NKJV)
[sup]17 [/sup]For THE LAW was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Aug 28, 2010
Paul was teaching about Grace, not THE LAW. Where better to teach than when they met on the Sabbath? They were in transition from THE LAW to Grace.

You asked for sciptures....and I gave you scriptures showing, not only did Paul keep God's sabbath, but feast days also. And you have no comment other than, "They were in transition..."?

Really?

[15] And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

Then Paul must have been really confusing to those listening!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You asked for sciptures....and I gave you scriptures showing, not only did Paul keep God's sabbath, but feast days also. And you have no comment other than, "They were in transition..."?

Really?

Then Paul must have been really confusing to those listening!
Paul did what he had to do to teach Grace, instead of THE LAW. They didn't go from THE LAW to Grace in the blink of an eye. It took time. It was not instantaneous as you are implying it was.

Aug 28, 2010
Paul did what he had to do to teach Grace, instead of THE LAW. They didn't go from THE LAW to Grace in the blink of an eye. It took time. It was not instantaneous as you are implying it was.

Acutally, you are correct! The Gentiles were unaware of God's laws and requirements that was given to the Jews and Paul could NOT just give them all of God's word's at once.

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ."

The letters that we have of Paul was to new Christains, Gentiles, non-Jews, those that did not receive God's laws and were taught them from a child. So do you think Paul took it easy on them? Of course he did!

Do we, as adults try to teach our children EVERYTHING we have learned at one sitting? Do employers teach new hires everything on the first day? Do we just stop cold-turkey ALL of our bad habits the day we first hear the word of God?

Of course not.

Now.....do you think Paul and the rest wrote other letters to these new christains, letters that are NOT included in the bible? And in those letters do you think they introduced more and more of God's words and instructions?

Do you think Paul taught these new christains that they should not look upon their friends wife wiht lust, or that it would be good if they did not steal or bare false witness against eachother?

Well readers? Do you think Paul taught these new christains what was right and what was wrong in the eyes of the Lord?

Well.....did he?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Well readers? Do you think Paul taught these new christains what was right and what was wrong in the eyes of the Lord?

Well.....did he?
I'd say yes.

Romans 10:4 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]For Christ is the end of THE LAW for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Aug 28, 2010
I'd say yes.

Romans 10:4 (NKJV)
[sup]4 [/sup]For Christ is the end of THE LAW for righteousness to everyone who believes.

This is true!

Rom.10
[4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

But again......Which Law? You still think Paul speaks of ALL 613 laws in his writings and he does not! Let's read the next few verses for clarity....

[6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

And why does Paul ask, "Why bring Christ down to earth again?"

[7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Or bring Christ from the grave to life again?

Paul is saying,"Christ is in heaven and He is not coming back, nor is He going back into the grave to be raised again. Why? Because He came to do what He did one time and one time only! And what was His purpose....? Let's read...

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;"

Christ was the sacrifice for sin. And just as Paul said, He came to do it ONE time. That was His ONLY purpose in coming to this earth! Nothing else could do the job!

So what was the law that Christ ended? Did He end the law of murder, stealing, adultry, lying, coveting, having respect of persons? Are these laws no longer to be kept by men?

The ONLY law that Christ ended was even fortold in the OT; "...and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease..."

The ONLY law that Christ ended was represented by these screiptures in the NT; "...And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom...", "...And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst."

The ONLY law that Christ ended is told here, "...Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

THE ONLY LAW CHRIST PUT TO AN END WAS THAT OF ANIMAL SACRIFICE!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
This is true!

Yes indeed, Christ is the end of THE LAW. It is replaced with the New Covenant.

But again......Which Law? You still think Paul speaks of ALL 613 laws in his writings and he does not! Let's read the next few verses for clarity....
Yes. THE LAW of Moses.
Galatians 3:10 (NKJV)
[sup]10 [/sup]For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;
Paul is saying,"Christ is in heaven and He is not coming back, nor is He going back into the grave to be raised again.

Jesus isn't coming back?
Christ was the sacrifice for sin. And just as Paul said, He came to do it ONE time. That was His ONLY purpose in coming to this earth! Nothing else could do the job!
Does not apply to those who choose to be under THE LAW.

Galatians 5:2-4 (NKJV)
[sup]2 [/sup]Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, CHRIST WILL PROFIT YOU NOTHNIG.

So what was the law that Christ ended? Did He end the law of murder, stealing, adultry, lying, coveting, having respect of persons? Are these laws no longer to be kept by men?

THE LAW of Moses.

John 1:17 (NKJV)
[sup]17 [/sup]For THE LAW was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

The ONLY law that Christ ended was even fortold in the OT; "...and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease...

Then why does God call dietary restrictions "DOCTRINES OF DEMONS"?

1 Timothy 4:1-3 (NKJV)
[sup]1 [/sup]Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and DOCTRINES OF DEMONS, [sup]2 [/sup]speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, [sup]3 [/sup]forbidding to marry, and COMMANDING TO ABSTAIN FROM FOODS which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

The ONLY law that Christ ended was represented by these screiptures in the NT; "...And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom...", "...And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst."

Nope. THE LAW was to lead us to Jesus. It's purpose is done.

Galatians 3:24-25 (NKJV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore THE LAW WAS OUR TUTOR to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. [sup]25 [/sup]But after faith has come, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER A TUTOR.

The ONLY law that Christ ended is told here, "...Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;"

THE LAW is what was nailed to the cross.
THE ONLY LAW CHRIST PUT TO AN END WAS THAT OF ANIMAL SACRIFICE!
My my, that leaves a lot of executions that YOU are commanded to do. Have you told your family yet?

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 (NKJV)
[sup]6 [/sup]"If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly entices you, saying, 'Let us go and serve other gods,' which you have not known, neither you nor your fathers, [sup]7 [/sup]of the gods of the people which are all around you, near to you or far off from you, from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth, [sup]8 [/sup]you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; [sup]9 [/sup]but YOU SHALL SURELY KILL HIM; YOUR HAND SHALL BE FIRST AGAINST HIM TO PUT HIM TO DEATH, and afterward the hand of all the people. [sup]10 [/sup]And you shall stone him with stones until he dies, because he sought to entice you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

You can't/don't keep THE LAW of Moses so why are you trying to force it on others?

Aug 28, 2010
You can't/don't keep THE LAW of Moses so why are you trying to force it on others?

Ok already.....let's get past that. I have already said I am not perfect, never will be! But that does not mean I do not try. And that is what me and my family have decided to do. Do our best to keep God's laws to the best of our ability!

Am I trying to force that upon anyone? No! I am only presenting what God's word says. And the one that is going to judge you says the following;

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Me and mine are going with HIS advice! You and yours do what you will!

My my, that leaves a lot of executions that YOU are commanded to do. Have you told your family yet?

Christ tells us we do not HAVE to kill them. It is NOT mandatory to kill them! He does not say NOT to kill them, but He does give us a way out if we choose not to by saying;

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Are you really just not understanding what Christ is telling us here?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Ok already.....let's get past that. I have already said I am not perfect, never will be! But that does not mean I do not try. And that is what me and my family have decided to do. Do our best to keep God's laws to the best of our ability!

Am I trying to force that upon anyone? No! I am only presenting what God's word says. And the one that is going to judge you says the following;

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Me and mine are going with HIS advice! You and yours do what you will!

Christ tells us we do not HAVE to kill them. It is NOT mandatory to kill them! He does not say NOT to kill them, but He does give us a way out if we choose not to by saying;

"Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."

Are you really just not understanding what Christ is telling us here?
I understand that you don't know whether you're under THE LAW or the grace and Truth of Jesus.

Aug 28, 2010

I tell you what........here is your chance to explain to me and the rest of the readers, what is the meaning of the following parable Jesus spoke;

Matt. 13
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I, and the rest of those reading this post, are interested in knowing what YOU think this parable means!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I tell you what........here is your chance to explain to me and the rest of the readers, what is the meaning of the following parable Jesus spoke;

Matt. 13
[24] Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I, and the rest of those reading this post, are interested in knowing what YOU think this parable means!
How did you get stuck on this parable when the subject is Law and Grace? Why don't you tell us why God is going to kill some of us for eating pork chops?

Aug 28, 2010
How did you get stuck on this parable when the subject is Law and Grace? Why don't you tell us why God is going to kill some of us for eating pork chops?

You keep asking about killing those that break certain laws of God.

Well this is the parable that gives us the 'option' of not caring out that law. It does not do away with the law for God says He will still punish the sinner.

But I would like to hear your take on this parable. Maybe you are getting something out of it that I am not seeing. If so, I am very interested in knowing what it is.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You keep asking about killing those that break certain laws of God.

Well this is the parable that gives us the 'option' of not caring out that law. It does not do away with the law for God says He will still punish the sinner.

But I would like to hear your take on this parable. Maybe you are getting something out of it that I am not seeing. If so, I am very interested in knowing what it is.
Anyone who believes that God will kill those who eat pork chops would have to be mentally unstable. Sheesh!