Mankind V.S. Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that in the book of Jeremiah chapter 4, that Jeremiah explains how the world became void and darkness was over the earth.
So this is like Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2.

Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Chapter 2 doesn't mention this void, but Jeremiah 4 does.

So did something happen between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2?

And then you jump ALL THE WAY to Revelation and God is doing it again. Creating a new heaven and a new earth.

How many times you think God keeps forming new life?

Here is Jeremiah chapter 4:

Jer 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
TOOLS
Jer 4:24
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26
I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27
For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Jer 4:29
The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
Jer 4:30
And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.
Jer 4:31
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

I think we're going to blow ourselves up... AGAIN..
Kind of goes along with what Peter said about the elements burning up:
2Pe 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Now go back to Jeremiah 4, and Genesis 1, and Revelation 21.1

I'm a big fan of history repeating itself, and there being no new thing under the sun.
I believe God keeps recreating himself even when man believes he can stop it.
Otherwisewhy would we have nuclear weapons that can destroy every living thing on the planet?
They want to kill God and they can't do it.
They tried it on Calvary... just sayin.

And hello,
nice to meet you
Welcome to the Forum
But I think we met before..
anywho...
Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that in the book of Jeremiah chapter 4, that Jeremiah explains how the world became void and darkness was over the earth.
So this is like Genesis Chapter 1 verse 2.

Gen 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Chapter 2 doesn't mention this void, but Jeremiah 4 does.

So did something happen between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2?

And then you jump ALL THE WAY to Revelation and God is doing it again. Creating a new heaven and a new earth.

How many times you think God keeps forming new life?

Here is Jeremiah chapter 4:

Jer 4:23
I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
TOOLS
Jer 4:24
I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25
I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26
I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27
For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28
For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Jer 4:29
The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
Jer 4:30
And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.
Jer 4:31
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

I think we're going to blow ourselves up... AGAIN..
Kind of goes along with what Peter said about the elements burning up:
2Pe 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:12
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Now go back to Jeremiah 4, and Genesis 1, and Revelation 21.1

I'm a big fan of history repeating itself, and there being no new thing under the sun.
I believe God keeps recreating himself even when man believes he can stop it.
Otherwisewhy would we have nuclear weapons that can destroy every living thing on the planet?
They want to kill God and they can't do it.
They tried it on Calvary... just sayin.

And hello,
nice to meet you
Welcome to the Forum
But I think we met before..
anywho...
Hugs
The void spoken of in Jeremiah…

Jeremiah 4:23 "I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light."

Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

The Hebrew says (concerning Genesis) the earth became void.

Something happen between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 for we see Isaiah tells us the Lord did not create it vain.

Isaiah 45:18; "For thus saith the Lord That created the heavens; God Himself That formed the earth and made it; He hath established it He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: "I am the Lord; and there is none else."

This is God speaking as Isaiah is writing it down, and He is telling us that when He created the earth, it was not in vain. "Vain" is the same Hebrew word that we saw in Genesis 1:2,which was given as "void".

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

There is another In the Beginning for those who pass through this void/vanity world.
For such IS the kingdom of God, not going to be but IS.
Unless ye becomeas little children....

I bet there are a lot of pre-generations already existing with Jesus. And every go round, we become the lost sheep.
And he keeps coming back to get us.

Who was, and Is, and is to come... world without end. Everlasting to everlasting.... How long is eternity??

Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

There is another In the Beginning for those who pass through this void/vanity world.
For such IS the kingdom of God, not going to be but IS.
Unless ye becomeas little children....

I bet there are a lot of pre-generations already existing with Jesus. And every go round, we become the lost sheep.
And he keeps coming back to get us.

Who was, and Is, and is to come... world without end. Everlasting to everlasting.... How long is eternity??

Hugs
The Bible speaks of three earth ages, I believe we are in the second. I do believe Satan believes if he can get enough of Gods children to follow him, God will restart the process again, this is not so. The third is the final for God has proclaimed it. Eternity has no length, it resides outside of time.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible speaks of three earth ages, I believe we are in the second. I do believe Satan believes if he can get enough of Gods children to follow him, God will restart the process again, this is not so. The third is the final for God has proclaimed it. Eternity has no length, it resides outside of time.
So we still have to get to the other side of Jordan then?

The world before the flood, before Noah...
the world that is.. we still here
the world that is to come... heaven, New Jerusalem, new Eden, new tree of life

So we got the lamb in the throne and a tree of life straddling a river.
And the leaves are for the healing of the nations...

Will there need to be healing in heaven?
What need for another tree of life?
I see an Eden redo.

I have a hard time (because I live in a limited world) contemplating a world with no dark, no down, no night....
We live in a world of opposites. A time for this and a time for that.. to a world where there is no time.
Deep stuff.
Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see an Eden redo.

I have a hard time (because I live in a limited world) contemplating a world with no dark, no down, no night....
We live in a world of opposites. A time for this and a time for that.. to a world where there is no time.
Deep stuff.
Hugs
Have you ever considered Jesus is the tree of life?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes.
And the tree of Knowledge of Good and evil.

It wasn't the fruit, it was their disobedience.

I don't see two trees in the midst of the garden, I see one tree.
I believe if they had waited with patience and been given the fruit of the tree of life, then all those other things which come with wisdom, would have been added.
But they took... they Took.. they stole , they coveted.. what belonged to God.
So God gave them what they lusted for and it brought them death.

See Solomon:

2Ch 1:11
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

All they had to do was ASK.

Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see an Eden redo.

Deep stuff.
Hugs
There are many reasons one can say the tree of life is Christ… But I believe you are referring to…
Rev. 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Notice..
Rev. 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

And I know this sounds like Jesus is separate from the tree… However…
Jesus also gave you bread, but Jesus is the bread.

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of reminds me when the woman with the issue of blood reached out and touched Jesus' garment.
And Jesus said "Who touched me ?"

Only Eve took not because she had faith, but because she wanted power for herself/themselves.

Luk 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
Luk 8:47
And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
Luk 8:48
And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Adam and Eve were naked.. and this woman also was "not hid"

One touched him by faith and the other by lust.

Just the way I see things sometimes.
Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes.
And the tree of Knowledge of Good and evil.

It wasn't the fruit, it was their disobedience.

I believe if they had waited with patience and been given the fruit of the tree of life, then all those other things which come with wisdom, would have been added.
But they took... they Took.. they stole , they coveted.. what belonged to God.
So God gave them what they lusted for and it brought them death.

See Solomon:

2Ch 1:11
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

All they had to do was ASK.

Hugs
How so?
And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life (1) was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.(2)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many reasons one can say the tree of life is Christ… But I believe you are referring to…

Notice..
Rev. 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

And I know this sounds like Jesus is separate from the tree… However…
Jesus also gave you bread, but Jesus is the bread.

35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life.
I believe Jesus is referenced as a lot of different identities. A tree, a lamb, a Rock...
This is a good place to learn discernment. Because Jesus is everywhere.
Hugs

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of reminds me when the woman with the issue of blood reached out and touched Jesus' garment.
And Jesus said "Who touched me ?"

Only Eve took not because she had faith, but because she wanted power for herself/themselves.

Luk 8:46
And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me.
Luk 8:47
And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
Luk 8:48
And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Adam and Eve were naked.. and this woman also was "not hid"

One touched him by faith and the other by lust.

Just the way I see things sometimes.
Hugs
I see it a bit different, but you seem to use scripture to shed light on other scripture… I’m cool with that.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How so?
And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life (1) was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.(2)
The tree of life and the tree of knowledge are the same tree. I don't see two trees.

Because wisdom and knowledge, good and evil both come from God.
It's the law.
Thou shalt not... evil
Thou shalt ... good

And these do not lead to life but to death.

However, if you have the Holy Spirit (Life) then the thou shalt nots and the thou shalts will lead to righteousness through the spirit.

1. If Adam and Eve had asked for knowledge of good and evil,
first they would of had to aquire God's spirit to discern them. This is wisdom.
Eve believed the fruit would make one wise, but that was her own idea of what wisdom was.
That was not the tru wisdom that comes from God.
Eve decieved herself.

Hugs

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The tree of life and the tree of knowledge are the same tree. I don't see two trees.

Because wisdom and knowledge, good and evil both come from God.
It's the law.
Thou shalt not... evil
Thou shalt ... good

And these do not lead to life but to death.

However, if you have the Holy Spirit (Life) then the thou shalt nots and the thou shalts will lead to righteousness through the spirit.

1. If Adam and Eve had asked for knowledge of good and evil,
first they would of had to aquire God's spirit to discern them. This is wisdom.
Eve believed the fruit would make one wise, but that was her own idea of what wisdom was.
That was not the tru wisdom that comes from God.
Eve decieved herself.

Hugs
Interesting view… How would you explain..

And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting view… How would you explain..

And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
The and ties them together, not separates.

He was a hardworker and He was a good husband.

Not two husbands, same husband, but served two purposes.

We know the tree of life was on the eastern edge of Eden.. towards Egypt... where Cain went because he was cast out of the presence of God.
But where did the tree of knowledge of good and evil go?

Rev 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Coveting is the least of these commandments.. thou shalt not... meant don't covet what's not yours. Eve coveted.

and then we have:

Hos 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

If they ate from the tree of knowledge, how is it they are destroyed for lack of it?

Did they "forget" thou shalt not... eat of it?

No, because Eve confesses she knew not to, but did it anyways.

Look:

Deu 30:15
See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Life/Good Death/Evil

Tree of life Good... tree of knowledge of good and evil/Death

The Garden of Eden in a nutshell:

Deu 30:17
But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
Deu 30:18
I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
Deu 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Did God give them one law or two laws?

Lev 24:22
Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

It's one law, one tree, one God.

Hugs

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean..."wording" that God Himself "confused" at Babel? --Right!

Anyway, when addressing or accusing someone, you should show the courtesy of using the "Reply" function below their comment.

If you were referring to me, I was not reading or "following", but interpreting--not "Hebrew" but by the Holy Spirit.
Genesis 11
11 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Take a step back…

10 Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.

2 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

3 And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

4 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

5 By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Who are these gentiles? Notice they are divided by there tongue (languages)

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We know the tree of life was on the eastern edge of Eden.. towards Egypt... where Cain went because he was cast out of the presence of God.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Coveting is the least of these commandments.. thou shalt not... meant don't covet what's not yours. Eve coveted.

and then we have:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

If they ate from the tree of knowledge, how is it they are destroyed for lack of it?

Look:

Life/Good Death/Evil

But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God.

Hugs
I disagree but I understand your evaluation…

Let’s say it’s only one tree….
God said…

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eve and Adam ate of this tree…

Notice what God says here….

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

God is saying because they ate of one tree they must also eat of the other tree. If it was only one tree they would not have to eat from the same tree again.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Cain was afraid of running into these guys:

Rev 22:15
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Gen 4:13
And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Gen 4:14
Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

everyone that finds him will slay him.

Why would Cain say that if there were no one else on the planet?

And trees in the garden with the good fruit, I believe are the saints.
It's circular... history repeating itself..

Those outside of eden who Cain feared are the same outside New Jerusalem (Eden) in Revelation.

thinking..

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and then we have:

Look:

Life/Good Death/Evil

Hugs
Ask yourself… If it’s only one tree, is that tree Good or Bad? It can’t be both.

Matthew 7:17-23 King James Version (KJV)Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree but I understand your evaluation…

Let’s say it’s only one tree….
God said…

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eve and Adam ate of this tree…

Notice what God says here….

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

God is saying because they ate of one tree they must also eat of the other tree. If it was only one tree they would not have to eat from the same tree again.
That's where hope and faith come in.

It's a long story between the trees.

ok, how about 2 trees but 1 root.

God is the root. The tree of knowledge is the Law, and the tree of Life is Jesus.

You have to go through one to get to the other, but both lead eventually to the same outcome. God.

This is all covered by Paul in the NT about the law being our schoolmaster...

Gal 3:24
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

it's the same analogy.

Hugs