Mankind V.S. Adam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Differences between the two creation events​
In Genesis chapter One
They all (plural) were CREATED.
Created is Hebrew word #1254 bara'
"...male and female created he them"
(Gen 1:27)​
But in Genesis chapter Two
Adam alone (singular) is FORMED
Formed is Hebrew word #3335 yatsar
"...in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."
(Gen 2:8)​
They are created male and female at the same time. No 'Adam's Rib' here!​
Adam is formed some time before Eve.
She later being made from him.​
They were simply created, human and mortal.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"(Heb 9:27).​
Adam given the breath of life, became a living soul.
(Adam would have lived forever had he not fell - see Gen 6:3 "for that he also is flesh"). Ask yourself, "also," as in whom else?​
They are told to multiply.
"...Be fruitful and multiply..." (Gen 1:28)
No such command is given to Adam and Eve
(Adam's family was told to multiply after the flood; i.e., Noah's family was told in Gen 9:1).​
Mankind given dominion over animals and fish.​
Adam was a farmer.​
The animals were wild animals and the plants were wild plants. No names given.​
They were domestic animals and crop plants.
Adam named these.​
There was not yet rain.​
"...went up a mist from the earth..."(Gen 2:6)​
The creation was completed. All the various
races, men and women alike, were created.
THEN ------ >>>​
But after that, in Gen 2:5, God saw that He "did not have a man to till the ground" (farmer).
So God then FORMED Adam.​
But probably the most striking evidence that Genesis chapter Oneand Genesis chapter Two are not speaking of the same event would be:

In Gen 1, the plants and animals were created BEFOREman(kind) was created.
In Gen 2, the plants and animals were formed AFTER the man Adam was formed.
This immediately dismisses the misconception that the account in Gen 2 is merely a deeper explanation of the events in Gen 1, as many will say and teach. For if it were, then God 'messed up' on the order of His creation, which is of course impossible. When God and man are at variance, man is always wrong and God always right. Let's now go to the Creation Scriptures themselves for further evidence and documentation.

Reactions: Mr E and APAK

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God Is Always Right - He Said:

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."​
(Genesis 3:20)​
So, none were before...

Amen.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God Is Always Right - He Said:

"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."​
(Genesis 3:20)​
So, none were before...

Amen.
That cannot be it… Eve is the mother of all living because through her Christ would come… and whoever is in Christ is alive… Using the logic you presented would mean Eve is the mother of Jaguars, turtles, dolphins, and dinosaurs, for they all live.

Nice to met ya Grace.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That cannot be it… Eve is the mother of all living because through her Christ would come… and whoever is in Christ is alive… Using the logic you presented would mean Eve is the mother of Jaguars, turtles, dolphins, and dinosaurs, for they all live.

Nice to met ya Grace.
You are just trying to be argumentative. You knew exactly what Grace meant.

Reactions: marks

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are just trying to be argumentative. You knew exactly what Grace meant.
Yes. I know what Grace meant… As I used to believe all people came from Adam and Eve. But the scripture says “mother of all living”
I’m not trying to be argumentative, and for you to jump in accusing me of things is rather inappropriate. By the way telling someone it’s nice to meet them isn’t the way to start a argument.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I know what grace meant… As I used to believe all people came from Adam and Eve. But the scripture says “mother of all living”
I’m not trying to be argumentative, and for you to jump in accusing me of things is rather inappropriate. By the way telling someone it’s nice to meet them isn’t the way to start a argument.
If you knew what she meant, then why did you say that to her? that wasn't being nice, That was na na na na na, and then you tell her " nice to meet you."

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew what she meant, then why did you say that to her? that wasn't being nice, That was na na na na na, and then you tell her " nice to meet you."
Na Na Na…. Children utter such things.

Corinthians 13:11​

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

All I did was present her with a scenario.

1) If Eve is the mother of all living that would include animals.

2) If Eve is not the mother of animals then she is not the mother of all living, which means there is most likely a spiritual aspect to the scripture.

And I also know Grace knows Eve is not the mother of hippos… you need to lighten up!

We already have someone who accuses us day and night, no need for you to do it.

Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in Heaven, “Now have come salvation and strength, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bill Gates was a return of Adam.

There will be three more.
Not sure what you mean but scripture tells us there is only two Adams, not three, or four.

1 Corinthians 15
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure what you mean but scripture tells us there is only two Adam, not three.

1 Corinthians 15
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
The Last Adam came before the return of Adam.

Just like the Last Adam, came before the Return of the Last Adam.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Adam came before the return of Adam.

Just like the Last Adam, came before the Return of the Last Adam.
So the last Adam isn’t the last Adam because after the last Adam another Adam comes making the last not the last and the last the last. Ok

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Na Na Na…. Children utter such things.

Corinthians 13:11​

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

All I did was present her with a scenario.

1) If Eve is the mother of all living that would include animals.

2) If Eve is not the mother of animals then she is not the mother of all living, which means there is most likely a spiritual aspect to the scripture.

And I also know Grace knows Eve is not the mother of hippos… you need to lighten up!

We already have someone who accuses us day and night, no need for you to do it.

Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in Heaven, “Now have come salvation and strength, and the Kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ; for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, who accused them before our God day and night.
That is why i was surprised you did that. If you didn't mean it that is fine. I thought Grace was trying to make a point and you were discounting it. You were trying to argue semantics while Grace is trying to bring up things. I called you out on it because it looked like you were trying to snark. You offered no explanation.
You are more than welcome to think I am your accuser. I was more sticking up for Grace..
I really don't care one way or the other. You seem really defensive.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why i was surprised you did that. If you didn't mean it that is fine. I thought Grace was trying to make a point and you were discounting it. You were trying to argue semantics while Grace is trying to bring up things. I called you out on it because it looked like you were trying to snark. You offered no explanation.
You are more than welcome to think I am your accuser. I was more sticking up for Grace..
I really don't care one way or the other. You seem really defensive.
I didn’t do anything. I gave a light hearted response to what Grace pointed out. What’s the point of starting a thread, if you are going to merely discount others points… Might as well have a conversation with myself.

Semantics? The word “all” cannot be rendered as a arguing point of semantics, the word is definitive in its own right.

Ahhh there you have it, you said it looked like I was being snark, And no I’m not defensive, at least pertaining to this discussion, you jumped the gun, without knowing anything about me.

You don’t care one way or another? Noted.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezra combined the northern and southern Kingdoms into one cannon... Each kingdom had it's own scriptures... Some Scholars imply that Ezra combined the two into one! kinda looks that way?

Paul

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Differences between the two creation events​
In Genesis chapter One
They all (plural) were CREATED.
Created is Hebrew word #1254 bara'
"...male and female created he them"
(Gen 1:27)​
But in Genesis chapter Two
Adam alone (singular) is FORMED
Formed is Hebrew word #3335 yatsar
"...in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed."
(Gen 2:8)​
They are created male and female at the same time. No 'Adam's Rib' here!​
Adam is formed some time before Eve.
She later being made from him.​
They were simply created, human and mortal.
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"(Heb 9:27).​
Adam given the breath of life, became a living soul.
(Adam would have lived forever had he not fell - see Gen 6:3 "for that he also is flesh"). Ask yourself, "also," as in whom else?​
They are told to multiply.
"...Be fruitful and multiply..." (Gen 1:28)
No such command is given to Adam and Eve
(Adam's family was told to multiply after the flood; i.e., Noah's family was told in Gen 9:1).​
Mankind given dominion over animals and fish.​
Adam was a farmer.​
The animals were wild animals and the plants were wild plants. No names given.​
They were domestic animals and crop plants.
Adam named these.​
There was not yet rain.​
"...went up a mist from the earth..."(Gen 2:6)​
The creation was completed. All the various
races, men and women alike, were created.
THEN ------ >>>​
But after that, in Gen 2:5, God saw that He "did not have a man to till the ground" (farmer).
So God then FORMED Adam.​

But probably the most striking evidence that Genesis chapter Oneand Genesis chapter Two are not speaking of the same event would be:

This immediately dismisses the misconception that the account in Gen 2 is merely a deeper explanation of the events in Gen 1, as many will say and teach. For if it were, then God 'messed up' on the order of His creation, which is of course impossible. When God and man are at variance, man is always wrong and God always right. Let's now go to the Creation Scriptures themselves for further evidence and documentation.
Your error is that you are a careless reader of Scripture and do not bother to look at the original languages nor seek to understand them as written.

In Genesis 1 God spoke the plants into existence. In 2 He planted a specific garden.

Gen 2:4 tells us that Gen. 2 is the account of the earth when created by the word "tolodeth". It is a recounting of Gen. 1 and sort of filling in the blanks.

Male and female singular is the plural them of Genesis 1. There is no massive creation of mankind that are mortals in Gen.1 and then Adam in Gen. 2 Gen. 2 tells us how god created the man and woman (the them of 1:27&28) She a singular man and a singular woman when spoken of together become "THEM".

To follow your logic, there were no plants on teh face of teh earth for God had not made a man to till the ground. Either that or your so called legions of mankinid didn't know how to till the ground.

Also it says it hadn't rained yet! there was no rain until Noah! So are you saying that there was no trees until after Noah?

I do agree with you in the fact that 2 for the bulk of it is not the same as one. It is the telling of god planting Eden and placing the man in Eden and forming Eve.

There are problems with both accounts (mine and yours) but yours is loaded with too many problems at be feasible.

Especially seeing Jesus affirmed that at teh beginning God made Adam and Eve first!

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your error is that you are a careless reader of Scripture and do not bother to look at the original languages nor seek to understand them as written.

In Genesis 1 God spoke the plants into existence. In 2 He planted a specific garden.

Gen 2:4 tells us that Gen. 2 is the account of the earth when created by the word "tolodeth". It is a recounting of Gen. 1 and sort of filling in the blanks.

Male and female singular is the plural them of Genesis 1. There is no massive creation of mankind that are mortals in Gen.1 and then Adam in Gen. 2 Gen. 2 tells us how god created the man and woman (the them of 1:27&28) She a singular man and a singular woman when spoken of together become "THEM".

To follow your logic, there were no plants on teh face of teh earth for God had not made a man to till the ground. Either that or your so called legions of mankinid didn't know how to till the ground.

Also it says it hadn't rained yet! there was no rain until Noah! So are you saying that there was no trees until after Noah?

I do agree with you in the fact that 2 for the bulk of it is not the same as one. It is the telling of god planting Eden and placing the man in Eden and forming Eve.

There are problems with both accounts (mine and yours) but yours is loaded with too many problems at be feasible.

Especially seeing Jesus affirmed that at teh beginning God made Adam and Eve first!
Why start a conversation speaking to me that way? You keyboard warriors wouldn’t raise your voice at another man in person, but become tough guys online. You would get humbled real quick where I’m from!

Let’s review the language…

Genesis 1:27

Gen 1:27
27 So God created
*1 man*2 in his own*3 image, in the image of God he created him; male and female created he them*4.

*NOTE: man*2 here is
creati3.gif

The Article and the Particle are here with this particular occurrence of the word "man" (aadam) in the Hebrew manuscripts, we will cover that further below.
Embedded notes in Scripture (by #):
*1 created = Hebrew word #1254 bara'(baw-raw'); a primitive root; (absolutely) to create; to shape, to fashion, to create (always with God as subject), used of heaven and earth, used of individual man, used of birth, used of something new.
*2 man = Hebrew word #120: 'adam (aw-dawm'); a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): mankind (the much more frequently intended sense in the Old Testament).
[See note at left]
*3 own = This word is not in the original manuscripts and is in this case wrongly supplied. You will notice in the King James Version (KJV) and in the New King James Version (NKJV) that this word is in italics, that means that it is a word the translators added to make the verse more 'readable' in the English. Also note that 'elohiym is a plural noun and does not fit grammatically with "in his ownimage." Also see note below.
*4 male and female created he them = Notice here in Gen 1:27 that both male and female were created at the same time. Contrast this with Gen 2:7 where Adam is formed(not created) first, and then in Gen 2:22 Eve is taken from him. This is significant!
Note: Whenever you see a word italicized in your KJV Bible it means that the word is not in the original manuscripts, but was added by the translators because sometimes one Hebrew or Greek word requires two or three English words to properly relay the value of the word. Their intent was harmless, but sometimes they were wrong. The translators were not aware that there were two creation events and that this was speaking of the first event involving many different peoples, thus the phrase: In God's OWN image is not correct; the correct phrase is: In God and the Angels image ('elohiym).

Usually loud mouths like you don’t know much try and keep up with the usage of article and particle here.

The different forms of the Hebrew word 'adaam
(Note: The Hebrew characters are reversed
from our English, and read right to left)

creati4.gif
'adam
is man, any man, men, mankind.
creati5.gif
haa-'adam
with the Article is the man.
creati3.gif
'eth haa-'adam with the Article & Particle is this particular man Adam.
Sharpen up load mouth…
Gen 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man
creati4.gif
in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man
creati3.gif
in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. KJV
Gen 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man
creati3.gif
of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. KJV​
Because of the way that we and others have taught it, it has come that 'eth haa Aadam is like Adam's proper full name or something, like that… But this is not the case. 'eth haa Aadam does not mean Mr. Adam Eden. While the man Adam from the Garden of Eden may be properly called 'eth haa Aadam, it does not mean that it is his proper name. But who are we fooling? You know nothing of the Hebrew anyway.

Literally, 'eth haa Aadam, means This same man (that particular being spoken of). So that:

in Gen 2:7 we know that "This same man" is talking about the one that the Lord God formed in the Garden of Eden;
however, and but, the 'eth haa Aadam "This same man" in Gen 1:27 is speaking of the male of the species who was created in the image of God (which is male - all angels and God are male - there is no female form in a spiritual body). This can be seen by carefully reading the Scripture:
Gen 1:26-27
26 And God ['Elohiym] said, Let us make man ['adaam] in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God ['Elohiym] created man ['eth haa-'adaam] in his ownimage, in the image of God ['Elohiym] created he him; male and female created he them. KJV​

Also, if you going to present your case, post some darn scripture behind your words… No one wants here your blathering, without biblical text.

The 'eth haa Aadam of Genesis 1:27 & 2:7

creati1.gif
Gen 1:27 - "So God created man...." (KJV)
creati2.gif
Gen 2:7 - "And the LORD God formed man...." (KJV)
Source: INTERLINEAR TRANSLITERATED BIBLE Copyright ©1994 by Biblesoft. All rights reserved. OLD TESTAMENT: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia. Copyright ©1967/77, 1983 Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft Stuttgart. Used by permission.

In both of the above we see Adam with BOTH the Article and the Particle. The Particle and Article in Gen 1:27 is to denote that the man (the male of the species) is made in the image of 'Elohiym (God) unlike the female;

but in Gen 2:7 the Article and the Particle are to denote that this particular man (on the eighth day) in the Garden was formed by Yehovah 'Elohiym (the Lord God) apart from the males created on the previous creation (on the sixth day).

If you got something to get off your chest go to the local MMA or Boxing gym… how many insults can you hurl there? Not 1 clown.

Last edited:

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why start a conversation speaking to me that way? You keyboard warriors wouldn’t raise your voice at another man in person, but become tough guys online. You would get humbled real quick where I’m from!

If you got something to get off your chest go to the local MMA or Boxing gym… how many insults can you hurl there? Not 1 clown.
Chill out...

I still don't understand the point your making?

BTY... Real men Shoot for Sport...

Reactions: marks