Man's body not shaped in the image of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken said:
Blood is the Life of a human man.
Jesus’ prepared body HAD to have PURE untainted BLOOD, because BLOOD,

This is just more sin-nature excuse making for unrepented Christian sinners. Like your anthropomorphism, it also contradicts the Bible.

Bible Contradiction? No.

Gen 9:
[4] But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof….

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me…

John 1:
[29] The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

I have no intention of reading for you, studying for you, understanding for you, the Significance of who the Lamb of God is, the meaning of the term Lamb of God, and significance of that meaning.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I have never said such a thing. I do not know you nor you me. You deciding what I do, is simply an opening ploy, to imply what you have to say has merit for others to trust to believe.
Ok. I accept the admonition.

Those saying that our bodies are the image of God, to me, are applying the words of Gen 1 to the flesh and blood of man, rather than the spirit and life of man.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The natural body is the only part not made literally nor figuratively in God's image.
Jesus has a spiritual body. There is reason to believe he has always had that body, even from the beginning. The transfiguration took place before Christ died and was resurrected and he demonstrated it then. There are also appearances of God in the Old testament walking the earth as a man, these are theophanies. There is no reason to believe the Father ever walked the earth. So it could be that we were made in the image of God bodily as well if we consider Jesus' pre-existance.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. I accept the admonition.

Those saying that our bodies are the image of God, are applying the words of Gen 1 to the flesh and blood of man, rather than the spirit and life of man.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Natural man certainly has blood, it IS the Life of the terrestrial flesh. It serves a purpose in this life.
However I do believe some men shall receive a “changed” body. Head, trunk, arms, hands, legs, feet, in Gods Image.
When a man becomes soul (restored) saved, and spirit (quickened) born of Gods Seed…
Then is a man prepared to become in Gods Likeness.

I believe God IS Spirit, with a soul, with a body, with Spirit(S). (7)
I believe Man IS a body, with a soul, with a spirit.
A Man “made” whole, is ongoing and the ultimate goal, and the complete manifestation thereof is After, no mortals exist, Judgements, Sentences, Gathering, in a new world that is as it is in Heaven. No more division between Heaven and Earth…
God King of His One Kingdom, and He the God of ALL men. And ALL with Him, are His inheritance.

God Bless You,
Taken

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Taken said:
Blood is the Life of a human man.
Jesus’ prepared body HAD to have PURE untainted BLOOD, because BLOOD,

Bible Contradiction? No.

Gen 9:
[4] But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof….

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me…

John 1:
[29] The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

I have no intention of reading for you, studying for you, understanding for you,
I could do a word search, but I don't see the word 'pure' appearing anywhere. Especially not in conjunction fight body or blood. Immortal either.

But teaching of a Christ with 'pure' blood, different from that of man, to me says, it's another christ with different flesh and blood than me.

I like my Jesus Christ of the Bible better. He came in the same flesh and blood of all men, including me.

This usually goes without saying, so that God did not find it necessary to say so in 1 John 4. Until of course someone is teaching something different. That of some other christ coming in some different kind of flesh and blood than that of man.

However, God of course always provides proof of the common sense basics elsewhere, such as Jesus' body was the fruit of the loins of David (Acts 2), by the seed of David (Rom 1) and Abraham (Heb 2) in the flesh of Mary's womb. (Luke 1)

Coming in the same shape and likeness of man doesn't count, because the Docetics do that.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then don't conjecture about conjecturing, without proof.

Otherwise, I care nothing for your unproven conjectures. It's just self-important conjecturing. :woohoo!:

The conjecturing was yours. History is the proof.

I was warning you. Meanwhile, I have said nothing out of conjecture. If you need further explanation--just ask.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could do a word search, but I don't see the word 'pure' appearing anywhere. Especially not in conjunction fight body or blood. Immortal either.

But teaching of a Christ with 'pure' blood, different from that of man, to me says, it's another christ with different flesh and blood than me.

I like my Jesus Christ of the Bible better. He came in the same flesh and blood of all men, including me.

This usually goes without saying, so that God did not find it necessary to say so in 1 John 4. Until of course someone is teaching something different. That of some other christ coming in some different kind of flesh and blood than that of man.

However, God of course always provides proof of the common sense basics elsewhere, such as Jesus' body was the fruit of the loins of David (Acts 2), by the seed of David (Rom 1) and Abraham (Heb 2) in the flesh of Mary's womb. (Luke 1)

Coming in the same shape and likeness of man doesn't count, because the Docetics do that.

Pure…80 times OT (KJV)
Pure…23 times NT (KJV)

1 Pet 1:
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

1 John 3:
[3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

The prelude for the Hebrews, Tribes, Jews was taking a PURE animal to the Temple once a year. It was their SIN offering to receive Forgiveness.
A pure animal was a certain age, not bred, not harnessed, not a work animal, etc.
It was typically cared for with express diligence to be worthy to present unto the Lord. The animal would be slaughtered upon the altar. Its blood run out on the altar. The meat cooked and eaten.

Jesus fulfilled the law, when He willingly gave His own Pure (untainted) Blood for the Life of the world. (IF any may accepts his offering…mans freewill to accept or reject).

TEMPLE destroyed, no place to take animals.
No need to take animals….Jesus is the Last…
Because of His spilled BLOOD…men can be forgiven their SIN of having NOT believe.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Jesus has a spiritual body. There is reason to believe he has always had that body, even from the beginning.
Of course. God has a Spirit body, as do angels created by Him. But man's natural body is not, and cannot be made after the image of His immortal glorious body.

The Bible says plainly that man must change the image of His glorious body, to be made like unto the image of man.

The transfiguration took place before Christ died and was resurrected and he demonstrated it then.
And the fashion of His face was altered: His image was changed.

There are also appearances of God in the Old testament walking the earth as a man, these are theophanies.
Exactly. They appeared in the likeness of men, not of angels nor of God.

There is no reason to believe the Father ever walked the earth.
And matters not.

So it could be that we were made in the image of God bodily as well if we consider Jesus' pre-existance.
Now, you are concluding a theory based on a fact, that does not prove the theory.

The only fact is that angels and Christ appeared in the likeness of men on earth. Not in the likeness of God.

1. Is the image of God sculpted in the likeness of men.

Yes, for idolatry, no for Bible.

The image of God is made only in the spirit and life of holy men and women of God, not the body.

2. How are we conformed to image of His dear son?

By bodily birth, for idolatry.

By living holy in all manner of conversation for Bible pure religion.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The conjecturing was yours. History is the proof.
I have found very little proof of anything from the Bible in your history.

Plenty of personal revelation talk though. Which is writ so obscurely, that deciphering hieroglyphics could be more fruitful.

FYI: Writing things mysteriously does not reveal mystery, nor show an understanding of mysteries. It just makes people think, "What in the name of all common sense is this guy trying to say??"

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

I was warning you.
Ok, I'm warned. Never write conjecture nor mysteries without plain Bible proof.

Thanks.

Meanwhile, I have said nothing out of conjecture.
About me conjecturing? Without proof, you only conjecture it.

If you need further explanation--just ask.
You mean proof of my conjecturing? I thought that's what I've been demanding all along. :contemplate:

I'm not like others. If someone is going to make an accusation, then unless proof is provided. I don't care. Nor do I ask for it.

I do the courtesy of providing specific reasons for disagreement from the outset, and I expect it from others. I don't do mystery nor drama.

And especially not mysterious drama.:woohoo!:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Bible says plainly that man must change the image of His glorious body, to be made like unto the image of man.
2 Corinthians 4:4 "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

What did Christ display at the transfiguration if not his Glory?

Your objection over the image of man being an Idol is without merit. You might have had a point of contention if the image of man were formed by man, but it was formed by God. This is the same kind of reasoning used by the Jews to deny that Jesus Christ is God, because he is a man.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found very little proof of anything from the Bible in your history.

Plenty of personal revelation talk though. Which is writ so obscurely, that deciphering hieroglyphics could be more fruitful.

FYI: Writing things mysteriously does not reveal mystery, nor show an understanding of mysteries. It just makes people think, "What in the name of all common sense is this guy trying to say??"

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

You mean proof of my conjecturing? I thought that's what I've been demanding all along. :contemplate:

I'm not like others. If someone is going to make an accusation, then unless proof is provided. I don't care. Nor do I ask for it.

I do the courtesy of providing specific reasons for disagreement from the outset, and I expect it from others. I don't do mystery nor drama.

And especially not mysterious drama.:woohoo!:
Apparently it has escaped you that the common method of God is not first "plainness of speech", but mysterious enough to be rejected and the cause of the killing of the prophets.

You also misunderstand. The order of the day is not "plainness of speech" common to the natural man and the ways and language of this world, i.e. common sense, but what would appear to be foolishness only discerned by the Spirit.

So what then, should I give you the actual truth in nonactual terms that you man understand, or should I expect rather that if you do not it is because your eyes have not been opened to it...just as history will attest of prior generations? "History is the proof"...and each will come to the knowledge of the truth in this same way.

So yes, I may seem mysterious to you, but your being smug and rejecting...well, do as you will. Why should you be any different, or anything be new under the sun?

About me conjecturing? Without proof, you only conjecture it.
Your idea that I am the one offering conjecture, is not the measure of any proof, except what you do not understand and have rejected.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might as well be. They all have as much chance at being the image of God's face, hands, back, and finger.

If God's words in Gen 1 were of flesh and blood, and not of spirit and life.

OKAY..

Let us assume that God has no body... which means no body parts... and that Moses went up the mountain and
saw something.

What do you think he saw?

And if God... at least at that time did not have... or project any king of a body part... why did He need to walk past Moses stating

17The LORD said to Moses, “I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name.” 18Then Moses said, “I pray You, show me Your glory!” 19And He said, “I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion.” 20But He said, “You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!” 21Then the LORD said, “Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; 22and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23“Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.”

WHAT DID GOD MEAN BY THIS THAT HE TOLD MOSES???????????????????????????????????

AND

what in the world are

Colossians 3:1Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Hebrews 10:12 but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God,

Romans 8:34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

Acts 7:56 and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.

WIKI The Session of Christ or heavenly session is a Christian doctrine stating that Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God the Father in Heaventhe word "session" is an archaic noun meaning "sitting". Although the word formerly meant "the act of sitting down", its meaning is somewhat broader in current English usage, and is used to refer to a sitting for various reasons, such as a teaching session, or a court or council being in session. The New Testament also depicts Jesus as standing and walking in Heaven, but the Session of Christ has special theological significance because of its connection to the role of Christ as King. The Session of Christ is one of the doctrines specifically mentioned in the Apostles' Creed, where "sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty" immediately follows the statement of the Ascension.

So.... What is it that you think Moses saw?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Pure…80 times OT (KJV)
Pure…23 times NT (KJV),
Don't read any 'pure' blood vs 'tainted' blood of man.

Tribes, Jews was taking a PURE animal to the Temple once a year. It was their SIN offering to receive Forgiveness.
'Pure' animals too? You also insert the word 'pure' to force your doctrine into the Bible.

The result is a perfect fit for idolizing the form of animals too.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
1 Pet 1:
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
This is after Jesus' bodily resurrection. So, you have the same blood of Jesus shed on the cross, resurrected with His body too?

Bodily, Jesus only speaks of His resurrected flesh and bones. Many readers wonder about it's significance, that His shed blood is not part of His resurrected body. At this point, I see another beautiful way that God shoots down every alternative teaching to His Book.

He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is after Jesus' bodily resurrection. So, you have the same blood of Jesus shed on the cross, resurrected with His body too?

Bodily, Jesus only speaks of His resurrected flesh and bones. Many readers wonder about it's significance, that His shed blood is not part of His resurrected body. At this point, I see another beautiful way that God shoots down every alternative teaching to His Book.

He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.

Jesus came to Earth without spot, without taint. Pure.

Shedding of His blood is for mans Forgiveness of having had NOT Believed.

While on Earth it was revealed He is Jesus (the Word, Truth, Life, Way) of God.
And He is the Christ (the Power of God).
His body was given unto death, raised up in glory.
Accept His Word, His Truth, His Blood and Body Offering, His Way and such an accepting man, offers his own Word of True Belief and his own Body as a living sacrifice;
That such a man is given Christ Jesus Risen Living body to occupy.
In short that is called:
Crucified with Jesus, Forgiven, washed, Covered, Sanctified, soul saved, spirit born again, Converted, Sealed, Justified and
IN Christ. Forever with the Lord God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't read any 'pure' blood vs 'tainted' blood of man.

'Pure' animals too? You also insert the word 'pure' to force your doctrine into the Bible.

The result is a perfect fit for idolizing the form of animals too.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

There is no forgiveness without the shedding of BLOOD…Heb 9:22

You want to slit your wrists thinking YOUR Blood shedding would forgive your sin of having had disbelief…..have at it, it would do nothing.

Animal blood was a precursor to SINLESS Jesus giving his blood.
Animals DO NOT SIN.
Animals DO NOT believe in God, and it is not accounted to them as sin!

If you do not comprehend SINLESS IS PURE, including BLOOD which is the LIFE of a body,
That is your problem to wrestle with.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
1 John 3:[3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
So, in the context of the blood being pure, you think we purify our blood, when we purify our soul and spirit.

The natural life of the body is in the natural blood, not the spirit and soul. Neither the flesh nor the blood are spiritually pure nor bad.

Sinners do not have 'bad blood' between them and God, but ungodly living.

JW's teach their soul and spirit is their flesh and blood, and so forbid transfusions. And there soul bleeds out of the body with the blood. Christian mysticism believes there are bad humors in the blood causing illness of the body.

Since you connect the blood and spirit with purifying ourselves, then you would say bad living proceeds from bad blood, and pure living from pure blood.

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders..All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Jesus says only that which is in the heart and spirit of man proceeds unto good or evil. You say your continued sinning proceeds from your corrupt flesh and bad blood.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Jesus fulfilled the law,
So, Jesus fulfilled the law from the womb by coming into the world with 'pure' blood in His body? Since you say He did so in the fashion of Adam, then the first Adam also fulfilled the law by being made of 'pure' blood.

The Bible teaches Jesus fulfilled the law by how He lived to always please the Father without sinning, not by how His 'pure' blood 'flowed'.

Once again, you have taken the natural things of the Bible, and changed them into the spiritual things.

You equate how we live with the nature of our blood. Like Nicodemus thinking of his mother's womb to be born again.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

There is no mixing between flesh and spirit. The mortal life is in the natural blood, not the immortal spirit and soul of man.

The way we live proceeds from the spiritual nature of our hearts, not from good or bad blood.

The eternal life and Spirit of Christ was not in His mortal blood, to make it immortally pure. That's the paganism of the divine ichor of the gods.

Nothing of the natural body of flesh and blood, is spiritual not created in the image of the immortal God. The immortal Spirit does not bleed.

This theology of a supernatural Christ with immortal pure ichor in His veins, is pagan myth morphed into Christian mysticism.

when He willingly gave His own Pure (untainted) Blood for the Life of the world.
He gave His own back to the smiters (Is 50). It's the smiters that shed His blood to the ground.

His eternal Spirit was not in His blood, nor is His earthy blood the spiritual drink of life.

No Bible anywhere says He gave His natural blood to the earth nor to man. He allowed sinful men to shed it unjustly.

Jesus' naturally shed blood was not resurrected from the earth, nor was it given to men to drink, when His Spirit was poured out upon all flesh after His resurrection.

You are justifying the disciples that turned away from Jesus in disgust, when they actually believed He was speaking of His own natural flesh and blood. which the law still forbids.

And you blind yourself to His revelation, that He was speaking of the spirit and life of His soul, not the flesh and blood of His natural body.

I completely reject your gospel of a Christ come in some other 'purer' flesh and blood than that of man, that is better suited for the gods.

My Christ in the Bible was a man having the exact same flesh and blood I do. Natural, not spiritually good or bad.

So far as I am concerned, you are preaching a type of antichrist, that is not come in the flesh and blood of man, but in the immortal flesh and ichor of some pagan god or Marvel Comics superhero.