MARK 16:16 BAPTIZED AND SAVED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk. 9:2
And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Eph. 1:4 God's elect.
Hello
Someone was saying the great commission was being fulfilled today so I asked who is being healed today.

Healing is one of the signs that would follow the preaching of the twelve.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
Someone was saying the great commission was being fulfilled today so I asked who is being healed today.

God’s elect; all those whom he has planned to save.

Carl

Dec 7, 2018
port saint lucie
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
On what basis do you say this?
Can you possibly cite examples?

Lk. 5:31
And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

Mt. 10:8
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

Lk 9 is the limited commission. The great commission didn’t come about until Mk 16

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus, in the verses above, was speaking to the people of John the Baptist. Those that heard Jesus and were baptized justified God by believing what they heard. Those who were not baptized rejected what they heard God say. They were baptized with the same baptism that John preached and performed.
Why is it any different today? They rejected the counsel of God by not being obedient in baptism. Why do people think today they can just ask for forgiveness without baptism and God will be pleased? If they rejected then, in the same way people reject today. If not why not.

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
The nations plural are the Gentiles.
The nation singular is Israel.
The Gentile nations will be blessed through Israel in the Davidic kingdom (Isaiah 2:2).
Isaiah 2:2 was fulfilled at Pentecost and beyond.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it any different today? They rejected the counsel of God by not being obedient in baptism. Why do people think today they can just ask for forgiveness without baptism and God will be pleased? If they rejected then, in the same way people reject today. If not why not.
Hello
Baptism was for Israel under their covenants and the law (Romans 9:4).

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great commission was for ALL nations.
Hello
No I don't think so.
The "great commission" was given to the disciples and was to be implemented by Israel in being a blessing to the nations (Genesis 18:18) which would be taught the things of God (Psalm 67:2 Micah 4:2).

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello
No I don't think so.
The "great commission" was given to the disciples and was to be implemented by Israel in being a blessing to the nations (Genesis 18:18) which would be taught the things of God (Psalm 67:2 Micah 4:2).
The Lord said go and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the father son and Holy Ghost. The entire religious world acknowledges Mt 28 as the great commission. The great commission did not come from Gen, the psalms, or Micah. Nobody that I know of either teaches that the great commission was just to Israel. If that is the case we can all stop preaching the gospel right now. Matter of fact if we don’t we are sinning since it was only given to Israel.