Mark 9:1 - Please share insights if you would like

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still on the side of road in Czsaer Philippi with his disciples, Jesus had just told them many things, including the cost of following him, and what it takes for someone to follow him now even today, which is self-denial. Placing the Lord Jesus, as our hope, and the one who will bring forth rest to our souls. The last thing he mentioned in Mark 8:38 was Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

We went over a little more of that, and in realization that Jesus is indeed speaking to that generation that was living in that day in time, and interesting note is that in the Easton Dictionary, it mentions that In Deu 1:35, and Deu 2:14, a generation is a period of 38 years. Very interesting to consider, also in the Cyclopedia Dictionary it mentions to, In Deu 1:35; Deu 2:14, Moses cleary uses the term for thirty-eight years. Which is indeed over all intriguing and something to consider.

The verses that Moses wrote read as such:
Deu 1:35 ‘Not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers,
Deu 2:14 And the time from our leaving Kadesh-barnea until we crossed the brook Zered was thirty-eight years, until the entire generation, that is, the men of war, had perished from the camp, as the LORD had sworn to them.

You should take these scriptures in to consideration because indeed they seem to me exteremly important! Because Jesus is stating the same thing about - the adulterous and sinful generation. An considering the mention of Moses himself of 38 is a very helpful insight from the bible itself.

Mar 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”

While Jesus was still standing there with the disciples and the group of people, He goes on to say to them - Truly, I say to you there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.

This statement made here by Jesus also is made in Matthew 16, and Luke 9.
Mat 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Luk 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

These scripture add to the sufficentcy of the Lord and his words that uttered previously, about the sinful and adultress generation. By stating that some of those standing there would not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Mar 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.”

Now those standing there with him, which was probably the crowd that Jesus had called over and the disciples cleary suggest that there are some stnading here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.

Jesus earlier in had been explaining that He as going to die, being rejected by the cheif preist, elders, and scribes in that day and handed over to death, but be resurrected again in three days.
Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again.

In Hebrew Chapter 2: Verse 8 it says
Heb 2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

They had seen the Word of God named Jesus who for a little while as made lower than the angels, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. Jesus constantly always has his Fathers will on his mind that He was going to go through and allow the Fathers will to be done for the ability to have all people to have the chance to come to the Lord Jesus Christ who paid for the world sin, through is death, which he died taste when the Nation of Israel rejected the cheif cornerstone and proclaimed that their King was Czaeser.

Joh 19:15 They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”

In Hebrews 1: Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? We never see God at any time ever say to any of the angels, sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.

In 1Co 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him.
1Co 15:28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

You see here that Jesus must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destoryed is death. For God has put all things in subjection under his feet. But when it says "All things are put in subjection, it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjects under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to God who put all things in subjection under Jesus, and that God may be all in all.

There were enemies of the Gospel back then, and also of Christ, and even the enemy Satan and his demons, and It seems as though that Jesus would reign until God has put all his enemies under his feet and the last of all the enemies would be death itself. Then after all this was completed that Jesus would hand everything back over to his Father, that God may be all in all. The disciples of the Lord, the Apostles go on forward spreading forth the news of the good news of the Lord that if they were to listen to what they had said they would in the end be enduring through the fire ' the persecution' that would end up falling upon them then in that time nearing the end of the generation they would indeed obtain salvation. It is a very different understanding from us today from believing and having salvation. Their as a church back then that was being set up in that age that was going to be the bride of Christ that was going to be pure, blameless, and spotless. Whenever though everything had been placed under the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ and the return of the Lord had come and everything had been completed, God would be all in all.

Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.
Rev 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The Kingdom God is said to come without observance as it being physically seen yet it is experienced by and through faith, because the kingdom of God it stated by Jesus to be with-in, this of course was said while he was walking around before his death.

Luk 22:24 A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
Luk 22:27 For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.
Luk 22:28 “You are those who have stayed with me in my trials,
Luk 22:29 and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom,
Luk 22:30 that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

You can see here that in Revelation 20 those who where at the table of the Kingdom of Christ (The Chosen Disciples), had sat on the thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luk 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed,
Luk 17:21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

With all of this information now here, you can see that the Jesus himself made it very clear that, the Kingdom of God is not coming in ways that cab be observed; Materially. They will not able to say there it is, or here it is. Because the Kingdom of God is in the midst of you. - Meaning the Kingdom of God would be spiritual and be with-in any person that is a believer.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@MatthewG your understanding of the death that jess was speaking of in Mark 9:1 is telling in that you do not know the death that Jesus was speaking of. Jesus was speaking of the Second Death in this verse and what He was stating is also true for us today in that some who hear the word of God will not taste the Second Death, until we see Jesus coming in all of His Glory with all of the Heavenly Hosts or as told in Mark 9:1: - . . . till they see the kingdom of God present with power. In all cases where it is recorded in the Gospels that Jesus had made this declaration, he was referring to the time when the Second Death judgement would be exercised after the GWTRJ which happens when Jesus returns in His Glory to Judge the peoples of the world.

You are trying to explain what Jesus stated in Mark 9:1 in human terms of understanding and as such you have nullified the significance of what Jesus stated. He could well have said that some members of this board, will not taste the Second Death until the end of the Age of the Ages when Jesus returns to Judge the peoples of the earth.

But, please keep preaching that Jesus is the Son of God, in whom God is well pleased, but leave your other opinions out of what you are preaching because they are contrary with what is recorded in the scriptures.

Shalom

PS: - We all need to be careful in this regards.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Jay Ross,

You have the complete freedom to be persuaded in your own mind of what you believe when it comes to these things. Thank you for taking time to share some of your insights with me.

God bless you,
Take care.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @Jay Ross,

You have the complete freedom to be persuaded in your own mind of what you believe when it comes to these things. Thank you for taking time to share some of your insights with me.

God bless you,
Take care.

It seems that this is your own mantra. I prefer for God to show me His wisdom/understanding rather than that of mans.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
seems like you're right back to a kingdom that comes by observation with that

Sounds great, but is your conclusion justified or not by scripture? Is not believing a form of activity that people must be involved in that does not come by observation,

Shalom

PS: - It is good to see you back posting.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still on the side of road in Czsaer Philippi with his disciples, Jesus had just told them many things, including the cost of following him, and what it takes for someone to follow him now even today, which is self-denial. Placing the Lord Jesus, as our hope, and the one who will bring forth rest to our souls. The last thing he mentioned in Mark 8:38 was Mar 8:38 For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

The Eternal Kingdom for all was established at the resurrection of Jesus Christ, when he overcame "Death" being the firstfruit of the resurrection?

Yes the Kingdom of God is a Spiritual Kingdom, and the believer has been translated from darkness into this glorious Kingdom "Spiritual"

Colossians 1:13KJV
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Mark 9:9-10KJV
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that this is your own mantra. I prefer for God to show me His wisdom/understanding rather than that of mans.

Shalom

I would agree, that is a very good thing to do, the answers are most certainly founded in the bible. Prayer and asking God to help us with His wisdom/understanding by the spirit.

The Eternal Kingdom for all was established at the resurrection of Jesus Christ, when he overcame "Death" being the firstfruit of the resurrection?

Yes the Kingdom of God is a Spiritual Kingdom, and the believer has been translated from darkness into this glorious Kingdom "Spiritual"

Colossians 1:13KJV
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Mark 9:9-10KJV
9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.

@Truth7t7,

That would make sense to me; so that Jesus would be the first fruits of the raising from the dead. Thank you for your mention and insight.

God bless.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7

With Jesus overcoming death, would that also entail the overcoming even the Second death to you?

I see that in Revelation 20/21/22 It seems as though there is the white throne Judgment which seems to me to relate with Paul - in Romans chapter 14, in when he mentioned to them in the letter how they would be judged in the Judgement seat of Christ.

Then you have those who were in Sheol/ Hell that were delivered up there and judged. Those who did not have their name in the book of life - the Demons and Satan?

Then you have Hell and Death thrown in the Lake of fire, but then in Rev 21 it talks about those who have their 'part' in the fire which is the second death.

Though Jesus overcame death - and then you have Revelation 22 where it seems everything from Rev 1-21 are over and complete then you have a ne vision - of what the Heavenly Realm consist of.

In this vision John is having it shows this

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Many people discount this as credible however it is in the bible and it has to be there for a reason and is indeed important.

Have you ever thought on these things and if you have any thoughts would you please just share them with me?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
until we see Jesus coming in all of His Glory with all of the Heavenly Hosts

seems like youre right back to a kingdom that comes by observation with that

Sounds great, but is your conclusion justified or not by scripture?
man, i dunno; ""see Jesus" and "by observation" seem pretty synonymous to me

Is not believing a form of activity that people must be involved in that does not come by observation
hmm, dunno that either! :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 23:28 KJV
[28] But Jesus turning unto them said, Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.
This sounds to me as if it’s directed specifically to that generation.

Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hebrews as an Epistle does have as its background the particular situation of Hebrew Christians. Others reading it can of course gain much profit.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7
With Jesus overcoming death, would that also entail the overcoming even the Second death to you?

I see that in Revelation 20/21/22 It seems as though there is the white throne Judgment which seems to me to relate with Paul - in Romans chapter 14, in when he mentioned to them in the letter how they would be judged in the Judgement seat of Christ.

Then you have those who were in Sheol/ Hell that were delivered up there and judged. Those who did not have their name in the book of life - the Demons and Satan?

Then you have Hell and Death thrown in the Lake of fire, but then in Rev 21 it talks about those who have their 'part' in the fire which is the second death.

Though Jesus overcame death - and then you have Revelation 22 where it seems everything from Rev 1-21 are over and complete then you have a ne vision - of what the Heavenly Realm consist of.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Many people discount this as credible however it is in the bible and it has to be there for a reason and is indeed important.

Have you ever thought on these things and if you have any thoughts would you please just share them with me?
Jesus Christ overcame death at the resurrection, and death will be swallowed up in victory at the second coming and resurrection of believers

The "Second Death" is when seatan/death and hell are cast into the lake of fire, Gods final judgement upon the wicked

Revelation 20:13-15KJV
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you suggesting Revelation chapters 1-21 are complete currently?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We went over a little more of that, and in realization that Jesus is indeed speaking to that generation that was living in that day in time, and interesting note is that in the Easton Dictionary, it mentions that In Deu 1:35, and Deu 2:14, a generation is a period of 38 years. Very interesting to consider, also in the Cyclopedia Dictionary it mentions to, In Deu 1:35; Deu 2:14, Moses cleary uses the term for thirty-eight years. Which is indeed over all intriguing and something to consider.

The verses that Moses wrote read as such:
Deu 1:35 ‘Not one of these men of this evil generation shall see the good land that I swore to give to your fathers,
Deu 2:14 And the time from our leaving Kadesh-barnea until we crossed the brook Zered was thirty-eight years, until the entire generation, that is, the men of war, had perished from the camp, as the LORD had sworn to them.

You should take these scriptures in to consideration because indeed they seem to me exteremly important! Because Jesus is stating the same thing about - the adulterous and sinful generation. An considering the mention of Moses himself of 38 is a very helpful insight from the bible itself.

While Jesus was still standing there with the disciples and the group of people, He goes on to say to them - Truly, I say to you there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.

This statement made here by Jesus also is made in Matthew 16, and Luke 9.
Mat 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Luk 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

These scripture add to the sufficentcy of the Lord and his words that uttered previously, about the sinful and adultress generation. By stating that some of those standing there would not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Now those standing there with him, which was probably the crowd that Jesus had called over and the disciples cleary suggest that there are some stnading here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.

Jesus earlier in had been explaining that He as going to die, being rejected by the cheif preist, elders, and scribes in that day and handed over to death, but be resurrected again in three days.
Mar 8:31 And he began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again.

In Hebrew Chapter 2: Verse 8 it says
Heb 2:9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

They had seen the Word of God named Jesus who for a little while as made lower than the angels, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. Jesus constantly always has his Fathers will on his mind that He was going to go through and allow the Fathers will to be done for the ability to have all people to have the chance to come to the Lord Jesus Christ who paid for the world sin, through is death, which he died taste when the Nation of Israel rejected the cheif cornerstone and proclaimed that their King was Czaeser.

Joh 19:15 They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”

In Hebrews 1: Heb 1:13 And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? We never see God at any time ever say to any of the angels, sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.

In 1Co 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For “God has put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when it says, “all things are put in subjection,” it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him.
1Co 15:28 When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

You see here that Jesus must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destoryed is death. For God has put all things in subjection under his feet. But when it says "All things are put in subjection, it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjects under him. When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to God who put all things in subjection under Jesus, and that God may be all in all.

There were enemies of the Gospel back then, and also of Christ, and even the enemy Satan and his demons, and It seems as though that Jesus would reign until God has put all his enemies under his feet and the last of all the enemies would be death itself. Then after all this was completed that Jesus would hand everything back over to his Father, that God may be all in all. The disciples of the Lord, the Apostles go on forward spreading forth the news of the good news of the Lord that if they were to listen to what they had said they would in the end be enduring through the fire ' the persecution' that would end up falling upon them then in that time nearing the end of the generation they would indeed obtain salvation. It is a very different understanding from us today from believing and having salvation. Their as a church back then that was being set up in that age that was going to be the bride of Christ that was going to be pure, blameless, and spotless. Whenever though everything had been placed under the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ and the return of the Lord had come and everything had been completed, God would be all in all.

Rev 20:2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.
Rev 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The Kingdom God is said to come without observance as it being physically seen yet it is experienced by and through faith, because the kingdom of God it stated by Jesus to be with-in, this of course was said while he was walking around before his death.

Luk 22:24 A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
Luk 22:27 For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves.
Luk 22:28 “You are those who have stayed with me in my trials,
Luk 22:29 and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom,
Luk 22:30 that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

You can see here that in Revelation 20 those who where at the table of the Kingdom of Christ (The Chosen Disciples), had sat on the thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luk 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed,
Luk 17:21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

They seen it in a vision Matt as the next verse goes on to show, 6 days later It is interesting to note that Luke's account of the event stated 8 days later, as he likely included the day of Jesus saying it, as well as the day it happened. Luke 9:28

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 9:1-13 (transfiguration of Jesus)

Here is the lesson if anyone is curious. It’s quite long, but if anyone makes it through it they may learn something that might not have considered before. May the spirit lead,

God bless.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Jn 20:21-23

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 last days began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Would you have any insights into any of these things my friend?

Thank you in advanced,

God bless.
I wrote most of this shortly after you posted the OP and then I got distracted. Sorry for the late response:

Consider carefully what the world often [usually?] is in the scriptures! Don't consider it as planet Earth!

Overcoming, overcoming and overcoming...!

Continue overcoming until we come to death itself. Jesus did that and did he not open the Way so that we might do the same? Did he not overcome death?

Our natural mothers gave birth us as dead in the eyes of God, but Jesus brought Life!

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" John 10:10

"And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of
death [overcome death as Jesus himself did], till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." Mark 9:1

Having then overcome death and attained to the Life that Jesus brought they never needed to die...right?

What does Jesus say that he overcame?

When did Jesus depart out of the world?

"Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end." John 13:1

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 [Not planet Earth!]

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11 [But Jesus was still on planet Earth as a man when he spoke those words!]

"He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end." Ecc 3:11

Look here perhaps for the world:
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16
[The world of our temptations!]

"For since the beginning of the
world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him" Isaiah 64:4

"The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;" Matt 13:38

"As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world." Matt 13:40

"For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world." John 6:33

"And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world." John 12:47

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" John 6:51

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

After Gethsemene that last time [Matt 26:39] ss, no more temptations for Jesus... and for us? When?