marriage of the Lamb---Pre Trib ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cant help but wonder why Pre trib theory says this happens during the tribulation????? why would they start the Marriage of the Lamb before all believers are saved??? We know for a fact there are believers on the earth during the tribulation are they not married to the Lamb also???
The entire pre-trib nonsense is theory held by those who have never read the Bible. The Bible teaches a mid-trib rapture occurring just before the 7th seal is opened Rev 7:9-14.

The Marriage Supper does not take place until after the Second Coming when the dead are raised and those who remain are caught up. Until then, His Bride is incomplete. Why would He marry a bride who was only partially there, missing perhaps an arm, a leg and other misc parts.

The marriage does not take place until His bride is complete!!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is this crazy tradition, "if any one here objects to this marriage, please speak up now, or forever hold your peace."

Satan jumps up and down like a wild beast and says, "I object".

God then gives Satan 3.5 years of objections interrupting the ceremony. That is the great tribulation.

So, the Second Coming is pre-trib, cause under normal circumstances it would last for 8 days and be over, and the 1000 year honeymoon would start. There is not supposed to be a trib at all, at least that's what some claim. The seals are already being opened preparing the church. Soon the 7 trumpets will sound, preparing the guest, the house of Jacob. But between the trumpets and the Second Coming, God judges the nations in a way that is not yet revealed. But God points out in Revelation that it is less than 3 years away. The best man is saying, "You all had better get ready!" Just like he yelled out in the Jordan, "Jesus is coming, repent, and make His paths straight!"

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isaiah 25 has a section about that future feast also, if you can receive it.

Hello Davy,
The heavenly feast that we are on a pilgrimage to indeed awaits us. (See my posts on Tobiah above)
On Christ's return, He will indeed invite many to that Feast.

But, because it is eternal, that feast is always NOW, and we anticipate, and participate in that heavenly worship, when we celebrate the Eucharist. For we celebrate it with Jesus, all the angels and all our brothers and sisters who have gone before us.

It is here that we enter into and celebrate the new covenant,
'this cup is the new covenant in My Blood'

It is here that we offer the pure sacrifice in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11

It is here that the Groom gives Himself to His Bride and she receives Him.

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.

Eph 5:31-32

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Davy,
The heavenly feast that we are on a pilgrimage to indeed awaits us. (See my posts on Tobiah above)
On Christ's return, He will indeed invite many to that Feast.

But, because it is eternal, that feast is always NOW, and we anticipate, and participate in that heavenly worship, when we celebrate the Eucharist. For we celebrate it with Jesus, all the angels and all our brothers and sisters who have gone before us.

It is here that we enter into and celebrate the new covenant,
'this cup is the new covenant in My Blood'

It is here that we offer the pure sacrifice in fulfillment of Malachi 1:11

It is here that the Groom gives Himself to His Bride and she receives Him.

"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.

Eph 5:31-32

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Unless God's Word is clearly giving an allegory or metaphor, I take Scripture literally. Thorough Bible study in all of God's Word will reveal whether a subject is meant literally or metaphorically only.

For example, the river of the waters of life mentioned in Revelation 22 many think of spiritually only, and not about a real river. Our Lord Jesus' references to everlasting waters in The Gospel Books causes many to think of those waters spiritually only, and not literally. Yet He was referencing a real River too, God's River that was in His Garden of Eden that flowed out of Eden to feed four other literal... rivers upon the earth (see Genesis 2). This River is shown having returned to earth in Christ's future Millennial reign per Ezekiel 47, which is the same River of the waters of life of Rev.22.

The feast of Isaiah 25, which is the wedding supper our Lord Jesus pointed to in The Gospel, is NOT... happening yet today, because it will be a REAL, LITERAL feast at Christ's LITERAL return back to this earth in our near future. You cannot try to replace the event of that future feast with the bread and wine He offered to represent the New Covenant. That is confusion.

God's written Word is not some mystical puzzle. Just because one doesn't really understand a lot of it is no excuse to just turn Scripture into some spiritualistic symbolism which has nothing to do with the actual Scripture meaning.

Reactions: Stan B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You cannot try to replace the event of that future feast with the bread and wine He offered to represent the New Covenant

Dear Davy,
The bread and wine ARE the New Covenant.

'this cup is the new covenant in my blood'

God wed His people as He promised He would do, and all men are welcome to enter into that union.

Peace be with you!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Davy,
The bread and wine ARE the New Covenant.

'this cup is the new covenant in my blood'

God wed His people as He promised He would do, and all men are welcome to enter into that union.

Peace be with you!

No need to try and lecture me on what The New Covenant is, and Jesus' offering of bread and wine to His disciples. I am well familiar with it. I'm even aware of Jesus as Melchizedek in the OT Who met Abraham and offered him bread and wine, and blessed him.

No, we did not marry Jesus when we believed on Him. The Bride of The Lamb (Jesus) is shown to be new Jerusalem that descends down to earth from Heaven, per Revelation 21. You should try study of Ezekiel 16 that reveals the idea of God's marriage to Jerusalem. We are children of the Bridegroom, even though some Scripture uses the metaphor of us being betrothed to Jesus (like 2 Corinthians 11, Paul quoting from Isaiah 54, which further study there reveals the marriage is really about Jerusalem).

I'm not trying to be mean, but I simply despise men's little traditions they create that are loosely based on The Bible. The idea that we are wed to Jesus is one of them. It's not written.

Reactions: Stan B

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but you did hear His proposal..

Then we have the nuptial bath, Baptism, and the union itself, the Eucharist.

Peace be with you!

nuptial bath??? that's man's tradition, not God's!

Holy Communion with Christ is a time for self introspection, a time to work things out with our Lord Jesus. It is NOT a symbol of marriage!

Our baptism with water is to symbolize the remission of our sins past that He shed for us upon His cross by His Blood. Our baptism by The Holy Spirit can also happen then, or after water baptism. Both processes make us a "new creature" (inside to our spirit and soul).