Martial Arts for self defense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS: @Reggie Belafonte Are any of your family into martial arts, though....?
All of us are. not my wife tho, and she did not really like that her baby's learnt such, only because she did not want them to get the upper hand over her, but she is willing to have a go at anyone. Her old next door neighbour claimed at a party some rubbish that she will rule the roost in my family and over me, that was the intent they claimed. I just looked at them ! said nothing, they do not know me, I am not Andy Pandy. respect for each other is a two way street tho. My bubs would ask who is the boss, no one is the boss !
In Judo or Ju jitsu it's not about dominating or wining, it's about understanding, quality of character. Avoiding internal conflict regarding oneself or others is mastered. It's about being educated on the subjects at hand and proven. No boasting ! boasting has no power to drive it's self in reality, but for fools boasting strengthens the ego.
Being Tattooed does nothing at all for one, not one.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I grew up doing martial arts. My then bf was an instructor. When I became a believer, I realized how much it is associated with other god's.There are forces of evil (demonic forces) associated in some disciplines of martial arts. It pays to just go to a self defence class without all the bowing and rituals connected with some. ;) may look innocent but it's not....