Martyrdom or Soul winning? What pleases Jesus more?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What pleases Jesus more?

• Martyrdom

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Soul winning

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe those who are truly great will have known to of been great soul winners on earth. Precious in the sight of God is the death of His servants. Martyrdom for the Lord is a great thing as well. But if I had to pick which one pleased God most I would go with Soul winning. Because filling up heaven is the most important thing on earth. What do you think?

God bless!

Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think they can go hand in hand, if you think back to the apostles and they all died for their faith, but they truly fulfilled their commission to preach the good news. All of them have played a part in all of our journeys to faith.
Xx

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church."
- Tertullian
---
Gospel outreach/pioneer missions is going on..in unreached & persecuted/restricted countries.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dunno, man.

Literal martyrdom is at the far end of the "whoever would save their life will lose it, but whoever would lose their life for My sake will find it" spectrum. Giving up what WE want from our lives for Jesus's own goals and purposes, whatever those may be for the individual person involved (and which may or may not include winning others) ...

I'm just going to throw this out to try to balance the discussion.

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe those who are truly great will have known to of been great soul winners on earth. Precious in the sight of God is the death of His servants. Martyrdom for the Lord is a great thing as well. But if I had to pick which one pleased God most I would go with Soul winning. Because filling up heaven is the most important thing on earth. What do you think?

God bless!
What please God is obeying the commandments. That means being a good person and adding to the tranquility of the earth. Helping others when needed. Martyrdom is something preached by some but is not so much necessary anymore. It was something early on in the church. I think just about the whole earth has heard of Jesus at this point, so winning souls is up to them to decide.

Reactions: Nancy