Mary’s children?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uhhhh, no - you responded but you DIDN'T answer ANY of the Scriptural OR linguistic evidence I presented.

Please DO so . . .
Wrangler won't admit that Mary is a Living Temple. Instead, he indirectly asserts that Mary sleeps around on her True Husband, and Joseph is too horny to keep it in his pants thus violating the law. As a result, the Incarnation is diminished to just another incident. Truly a diabolical theology.

St. Joseph was the husband of Mary in the common usage of the idea of marriage.

The pious custom of referring to the Holy Spirit as the spouse of Mary is a symbolic expression of Mary’s perpetual virginity and the virgin birth of Jesus. It is not meant in a literal manner but rather in terms of Mary’s singular devotion to God and unique relationship to the Trinity. It is similar to how religious sisters sometimes refer to Jesus as their spouse.

Scripture contains several examples of a mystical spousal relationship:
  • For your Maker is your husband, the LORD of hosts is his name . . . (Isaiah 54:5).
  • . . . as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you (Isaiah 62:5).
  • . . . my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD (Jeremiah 31:32).
  • I feel a divine jealousy for you, for I betrothed you to Christ to present you as a pure bride to her one husband (2 Cor. 11:2).
Wrangler will have none of this. His kind of thinking has led to the formation of legions of bizarre cults like the JW's and the SDA. If Protestantism allows private opinion to trump even the reformers, then Protestantism has no meaning at all. But unitarians deny the Trinity, meaning they cannot be Protestants or Christians. Anti-trinitarians are a constant nuisance on every discussion board on the internet.

Quote-Cognitive-Dissonance.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Although raised a Quaker, Ezra Cornell, founder of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, attended the Unitarian church and was one of the founders of Ithaca's First Unitarian Church. Eramus Darwin Shattuck, a signatory to the Oregon State Constitution, founded the first Unitarian Church in Oregon in 1865.

Reactions: BreadOfLife