Mary as New Eve

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. and Jn 8:32
Matt 28:19 the one true church founded by Christ cannot teach error or Christ would be the author of error

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

What power does Christ have?
What authority does Christ have?
What mission does Christ have?
The apostles have the same! Jn 20:21

sorry don't understand what your intention is in my response to the original poster, whether it be pro or con

but none of what you've posted here says the Church is Eve so i presume you agree that the church maybe many things in Christ but it isn't Eve.

actually this Eve garbage, seems to come from some famine rights in the church attitude.

the church was once family homes open to support the gospel message to the few. that were underground socially. what is called the church now is nothing like that. and all those descriptions you've quoted were written when the house to house church was so. not some ran its course, once world dominating organization.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry don't understand what your intention is in my response to the original poster, whether it be pro or con

but none of what you've posted here says the Church is Eve so i presume you agree that the church maybe many things in Christ but it isn't Eve.

actually this Eve garbage, seems to come from some famine rights in the church attitude.

the church was once family homes open to support the gospel message to the few. that were underground socially. what is called the church now is nothing like that. and all those descriptions you've quoted were written when the house to house church was so. not some ran its course, once world dominating organization.
Before I make a post explaining myself, which you probably won't read, let's start here : do you agree Christ is the New Adam (Romans 5:14, 1 Corinthians 15:45)?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Precisely wrong : I am not forbidding evidence, I'm forbidding you side-stepping evidence and trying to distract people.

You consider that evidence the Mary is the New Eve to be a distraction?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see. Contrary evidence is not allowed!
Let me help you out :

Adam was the first man of the whole human race.
Adam was given a bride made from his own body--her name was Eve.

Christ is the fulfillment of the Adam type--head of a new race Romans 5:14.
Christ is like another Adam, but spiritual 1 Corinthians 15:45.
Christ is given a bride, which is His own body Ephesians 5:21-33--she must be His "Eve".

Paul explicitly teaches the Church corresponds to Eve 2 Corinthians 11:3.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You consider that evidence the Mary is the New Eve to be a distraction?
I consider your mountains of speculation to be a distraction, yes--it all relies on a rejection of crystal clear teaching that the Church is the New Eve.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Church is subordinate to the Word of God, and the Word of God is subordinate to God the Father.
2. The fact that the Church is "the pillar and ground of the truth" stems from its having issued from Christ, Who is the Truth--it is just another proof that she, and not Mary, is the New Eve.

The church existed before the New Testament
And wrote the New Testament
Must be some authority

the church canonized the Bible and says what is and what is not scripture

only the church has authority to interpret the scriptures

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dan 2:44 Lk 1:32-33 his kingdom
The new covenant
The church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me help you out :

Christ is given a bride, which is His own body Ephesians 5:21-33--she must be His "Eve".

2 Cor 11:3 doesn't mention the Church

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I consider your mountains of speculation to be a distraction, yes--it all relies on a rejection of crystal clear teaching that the Church is the New Eve.

It wasn't mountains of speculation

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church existed before the New Testament
And wrote the New Testament
Must be some authority

the church canonized the Bible and says what is and what is not scripture

only the church has authority to interpret the scriptures
1. All human beings are subordinate to God's Word, "Scripture".
"Scripture", referred to in the NT, was "Old Testament", codified by Ezra, et al.
The Church had nothing to do with those writings.

2. The fact that a bunch of self-appointed men canonized the New Testament writings--where is the book of Enoch, cited in Jude, or the writing, perhaps a midrash, "the Rock that followed them was Christ" (cited in 1 Corinthians 10)?--is the reason I do not take it the way you do.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't mountains of speculation
Yeah, you had just gotten started, and I wasn't going to entertain you going further--I've heard the arguments from your side before, and, yes, it is mountainous.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the fulfillment of the "Adam" type (as taught in Romans 5 and elsewhere), so the New Eve must be the Church which is "Christ's body" and "Christ's Bride", just as Eve was Adam's body and bride. Not coincidentally, 2 Corinthians 11:3 explicitly teaches the Church corresponds to Eve.
Ipso facto, Mary is not New Eve. The Roman Catholics have erred.
It’s not the Catholic Church who decided that Mary was the New Eve – it was GOD – and He conveyed it through His Word.

In John’s Gospel, Jesus never refers to his mother as “mother” (John 2:4, 19:26). Whenever he addresses his mother, he calls her “Woman”. Is this a sign if “disrespect” as some of you anti-Catholics would charge? NO.

Jesus was a PERFECT Jew who lived the Law PERFECTLY. He honored His mother, according to the Commandment (Exod. 20:12). This correlates directly to the Woman in Gen. 3:15 and in Rev. 12.

Jesus defeats death on Calvary and fulfills the prophecy in Gen. 3:15 about the offspring of the Woman. Mary is present at the foot of the cross while this is happening - and what does Jesus call her in John 19:26? He calls her “WOMAN”, because the prophecy about the head of the serpent being crushed in Genesis is taking place right there on Calvary.

Mary is the New Eve because GOD says so - and He doesn't err . . ..

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not the Catholic Church who decided that Mary was the New Eve – it was GOD – and He conveyed it through His Word.

In John’s Gospel, Jesus never refers to his mother as “mother” (John 2:4, 19:26). Whenever he addresses his mother, he calls her “Woman”. Is this a sign if “disrespect” as some of you anti-Catholics would charge? NO.

Jesus was a PERFECT Jew who lived the Law PERFECTLY. He honored His mother, according to the Commandment (Exod. 20:12). This correlates directly to the Woman in Gen. 3:15 and in Rev. 12.

Jesus defeats death on Calvary and fulfills the prophecy in Gen. 3:15 about the offspring of the Woman. Mary is present at the foot of the cross while this is happening - and what does Jesus call her in John 19:26? He calls her “WOMAN”, because the prophecy about the head of the serpent being crushed in Genesis is taking place right there on Calvary.

Mary is the New Eve because GOD says so - and He doesn't err . . ..
Sorry I reject your nonsensical tradition.

Let me help you out :

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The Church is subordinate to the Word of God, and the Word of God is subordinate to God the Father.
2. The fact that the Church is "the pillar and ground of the truth" stems from its having issued from Christ, Who is the Truth--it is just another proof that she, and not Mary, is the New Eve.
WRONG.

The Bible tells us that tells us that the Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23) - and tells us that He IS the Church (Acts 9:45).
Ergo, Jesus cannot be BOTH the New Adam and the New Eve.

Game.
Set.
MATCH.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He calls her “WOMAN”
I guess you have another "Eve" in John's Gospel, because he calls the Samaritan woman "woman", too.

All of your speculation only makes sense to the mind not grounded in reality--once we have context, though, your little arguments fade away.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.