Mary, Queen of Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Queen of Heaven

Mary,
mother of a holy thing.

Luke 12:
[
35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 12:
[48] But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
[49] And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
[50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES!

Son of David, have mercy on us!
Error, one question to you, is Abraham your father? meaning biologically or is he your father by Faith.

and one more if you want to used David, Matthew 22:41 "While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,"
Matthew 22:42 "Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David."Matthew 22:43 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,"Matthew 22:44 "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?"Matthew 22:45 "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?"

so like wise to you, if David called him Lord... how is he his Son? which also break up that Mary as queen also.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so like wise to you, if David called him Lord... how is he his Son?

The Mystery of the Incarnation is , of course, the answer to that question.

In His humanity, Jesus is the biological Son of David, through Mary, His mother.

In His deity, Jesus is David's Lord!

To deny Mary as the biological mother of Jesus, is to deny the Incarnation and rob Jesus of His humanity.

Docetism has long since been repudiated by the Church!

You tread on dangerous ground there brother.

You have been warned.

Peace be with you!

Reactions: historyb and Mungo

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary, Queen of Heaven

Mary,
mother of a holy thing.

Luke 12:
[
35] And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matt 12:
[48] But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
[49] And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
[50] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Please address the OP and not take it off topic.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God promised David his throne (i.e. his kingdom) would last for ever (2Sam 7:11-16). At the Annunciation the Angel says to Mary that her son (Jesus) “will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” (Lk 1:32-33). Jesus kingdom is the Davidic kingdom and has the characteristics of the Davidic kingdom. One of these characteristics is the role of king’s mother.

#1 In a monarchical system a woman may have the title Queen for one of three reasons.
We can see examples of this in both the recent history in the UK and in the Bible. I will give examples from the Bible.

I don't remember reading anything in the Bible about David's mother. Neither of Jesus' genealogies, in Matthew or Luke, mention David's mother. Of course, we know all about David's wife Bathsheba because David committed adultery with her and had her husband killed to cover up his sin. However, Bathsheba's name is not even mentioned in Jesus' genealogy in Matthew. She is called "the wife of Uriah."

Matt 1:1-6--The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham:
Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers. Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez was the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram. Ram was the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon. Salmon was the father of Boaz by Rahab, Boaz was the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of David the king. David was the father of Solomon by Bathsheba who had been the wife of Uriah.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well then, was he wrong in his teaching... in your oponion, yes or No?... (smile).

PICJAG

No, he wasn't wrong in his teaching. You obviously haven't bothered to read the OP
I said
Catholic Teaching
There is no formal dogma that Mary is Queen of Heaven but Many Popes have used this tile of Mary, including Pope Pius XII who wrote an Encyclical Ad Caeli Reginam in which he proclaimed a feast day in honour of Mary as Queen of Heaven.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In His humanity, Jesus is the biological Son of David, through Mary, His mother.
ERROR, for Mary was overshadow by the Holy Spirit.
Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". notice shall be called, not named, but called Son of God, (flesh is born), Son of God means flesh on earth. go back to Isaiah. 9:6, "unto us a child is born". so Son of God means, flesh in nature, a nature that will suffer the cross.
note also the word overshadow, it's the Greek word G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence

so David is not his father... biologically.

for preternatural influence means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women. so that biological connect is out the door, so try something else.

PICJAG

Reactions: Taken

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't remember reading anything in the Bible about David's mother. Neither of Jesus' genealogies, in Matthew or Luke, mention David's mother. Of course, we know all about David's wife Bathsheba because David committed adultery with her and had her husband killed to cover up his sin. However, Bathsheba's name is not even mentioned in Jesus' genealogy in Matthew. She is called "the wife of Uriah."

Matt 1:1-6--The record of the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham:
Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, and Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers. Judah was the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, Perez was the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram. Ram was the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, and Nahshon the father of Salmon. Salmon was the father of Boaz by Rahab, Boaz was the father of Obed by Ruth, and Obed the father of Jesse. Jesse was the father of David the king. David was the father of Solomon by Bathsheba who had been the wife of Uriah.

The practice started with Solomon, David's son who became king after David. Read though the OT and you will find it is as I stated.
This what I said:

3. The woman is the mother of the reigning king. In the kingdom of David the king might have multiple wives, so the practice was to give the title Queen Mother to the mother of the king. This was instituted by Solomon the son of David.

We see this first established by Solomon when he greets Bathsheba who comes to ask a favour. He pays her homage and sits her on a throne at his right hand (a position of honour) (1Kg 2:19)

After Solomon the kingdom splits into the Northern kingdom (Israel) and the Southern kingdom (Judah). After this there were 20 kings in Israel before the deportation to Assyria. For none of these is the mother of the king mentioned.

There were 19 kings in Judah after Solomon before they were deported to Babylon. In 17 of these the king’s mother is given, usually after introducing the king, with the words “his mother’s name was ……”. This in itself shows that the king’s mother was a significant figure.

The mother of the king was referred to as the queen mother (1Kg15:13 (& 2Chr 15:16), 2Kg 10:13, Jer 13:18, Jer 29:2.). Note the Hebrew is gebirah – queen. The KJV just says queen but more modern translations say queen mother as she is the mother of the king

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God". notice shall be called, not named, but called Son of God, (flesh is born), Son of God means flesh on earth. go back to Isaiah. 9:6, "unto us a child is born". so Son of God means, flesh in nature, a nature that will suffer the cross.
note also the word overshadow, it's the Greek word G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon

for preternatural influence means, "out of the ordinary course of nature; exceptional or abnormal". the meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women. so that biological connect is out the door, so try something else.

PICJAG

Already answered - see post #18

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary as Queen of Heaven has nothing to do with the pagan cult of the queen of heaven condemned in Jeremiah but relates to her position of the mother of Jesus who is the King of Heaven (and sits on the throne of David) as explained in the OP.

Giving honour to the true Queen of Heaven is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago gave honour to a false queen of heaven, just as worshipping the one true God is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago worshipped false gods.
Whatever floats your boat...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The practice started with Solomon, David's son who became king after David. Read though the OT and you will find it is as I stated.
This what I said:

3. The woman is the mother of the reigning king. In the kingdom of David the king might have multiple wives, so the practice was to give the title Queen Mother to the mother of the king. This was instituted by Solomon the son of David.

We see this first established by Solomon when he greets Bathsheba who comes to ask a favour. He pays her homage and sits her on a throne at his right hand (a position of honour) (1Kg 2:19)

After Solomon the kingdom splits into the Northern kingdom (Israel) and the Southern kingdom (Judah). After this there were 20 kings in Israel before the deportation to Assyria. For none of these is the mother of the king mentioned.

There were 19 kings in Judah after Solomon before they were deported to Babylon. In 17 of these the king’s mother is given, usually after introducing the king, with the words “his mother’s name was ……”. This in itself shows that the king’s mother was a significant figure.

The mother of the king was referred to as the queen mother (1Kg15:13 (& 2Chr 15:16), 2Kg 10:13, Jer 13:18, Jer 29:2.). Note the Hebrew is gebirah – queen. The KJV just says queen but more modern translations say queen mother as she is the mother of the king

The following is what I was responding to:

God promised David his throne (i.e. his kingdom) would last for ever (2Sam 7:11-16). At the Annunciation the Angel says to Mary that her son (Jesus) “will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” (Lk 1:32-33). Jesus kingdom is the Davidic kingdom and has the characteristics of the Davidic kingdom. One of these characteristics is the role of king’s mother.

#1 In a monarchical system a woman may have the title Queen for one of three reasons.
We can see examples of this in both the recent history in the UK and in the Bible. I will give examples from the Bible.

You said: "Jesus kingdom is the Davidic kingdom and has the characteristics of the Davidic kingdom. One of these characteristics is the role of king’s mother." As you have said, it is called the "Davidic kingdom." The king's mother in that kingdom would be David's mother!

I also addressed the fact that Solomon's mother is not mentioned in Jesus' genealogy by name. So...what you're saying doesn't square with scripture. The idea of a heavenly "queen mother" is a romantic idea, but it's not scriptural.

And to call Mary, the mother of our Lord, the "Queen of Heaven" is not a compliment to her at all since that title was used in the Old Testament for a false goddess. It's immoral to tie Mary with the goddess Asherah, called the "Queen of Heaven."

From GotQuestions.com:

The phrase queen of heaven appears in two passages of the Bible, both in the book of Jeremiah. The first passage deals with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger. Entire families were involved in idolatry. The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods. The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven” (Jeremiah 7:18). This title referred to Ishtar, an Assyrian and Babylonian goddess also called Ashtoreth and Astarte by various other groups. She was thought to be the wife of the false god Baal, also known as Molech. The motivation of women to worship Ashtoreth stemmed from her reputation as a fertility goddess, and, as the bearing of children was greatly desired among women of that era, worship of this “queen of heaven” was rampant among pagan civilizations. Sadly, it became popular among the Israelites as well.

The second passage that refers to the queen of heaven is Jeremiah 44:17-25, where Jeremiah is giving the people the word of the Lord which God has spoken to him. He reminds the people that their disobedience and idolatry has caused the Lord to be very angry with them and to punish them with calamity. Jeremiah warns them that greater punishments await if they do not repent. They reply that they have no intentions of giving up their worship of idols, promising to continue pouring out drink offerings to the queen of heaven, Ashtoreth, and even going so far as to credit her with the peace and prosperity they once enjoyed because of God’s grace and mercy.​

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already answered - see post #18
you ERRORRED, for God is not biologial. and since it was a preternatural influence, meaning NO MAN AND NO WOMAN, then my affirmation of this conception was not biologial.

again see Post 28... (smile).

PICJAG

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. to cast a shade upon

PICJAG

Your denial of Jesus' humanity is noted. I have warned you, be it on your own head...

welcome to the ignore list...

Reactions: historyb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. Not possible. Against Scripture.

To deny Mary as the biological mother of Jesus, is to deny the Incarnation and rob Jesus of His humanity.

No. To deny Jesus is the biological son of Mary is to Agree with the Word of God.

Mary's will, blood, ovum, genetics had nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus.

To claim otherwise is denying Scriptural Truth.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No. Not possible. Against Scripture.

No. To deny Jesus is the biological son of Mary is to Agree with the Word of God.

Mary's will, blood, ovum, genetics had nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus.

To claim otherwise is denying Scriptural Truth.

If the Jesus you follow, is not the son of Mary..
you've got the wrong Jesus...

Peace be with you!

Reactions: historyb

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your denial of Jesus' humanity is noted. I have warned you, be it on your own head...

welcome to the ignore list...
Good, that you note it, for don't let it become a witness aganist you in the JUDGMENT... ok,

and please do the ignore buttion:D

PICJAG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary as Queen of Heaven seems to have been disparaged ....

I do not believe Non-Catholics hold a unfavorable view of Mary in any context.

Personally, I believe Any made up lies about a person is wrong. And particularly moreso, when the person is deceased and has no recourse to have their own say in the matter.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Jesus you follow, is not the son of Mary..
you've got the wrong Jesus...

Peace be with you!

The Jesus I follow is NOT the BIOLOGICAL Son of Any Human.

You should learn What Biological means.