1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mary, Queen of Heaven

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by Mungo, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Since there is no true Queen of Heaven in the Bible, you have a very serious problem. There is only the King of Heaven seated on His throne.

mailmandan likes this.
  2. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Non-Catholics give Mary the mother of Jesus all the honor and respect which is due to her. But once you go past that and begin venerating Mary, you have a very serious problem, since that robs God of His honor and glory.

mailmandan and Taken like this.
  3. marks

marks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi Mungo,

I wasn't meaning to do that. I liked your OP, it really set things in order to me to show your POV.

How exactly do you give honor to the Queen of Heaven? I'm having a difficult time knowing exactly what that means. Is it just in how you think of Mary, remembering her in a special way? Something more concrete? I've never really understood more than some surface impressions, to tell the truth.

Much love!

4. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Wrong Mary is a human being not God.
    Her child is biological.

5. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    The Davidic kingdom continued after David. The line is traced through scripture.
    He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, (Lk 1:32).

Why does Solomon's mother have to be mentioned in then lineage of Jesus? That is pointing out he descendance from David. I see no relevance in your point.

I believe the points I made in the OP are Biblical and relevant. Have you any answer to them?

As I have pointed out before
    Mary as Queen of Heaven has nothing to do with the pagan cult of the queen of heaven condemned in Jeremiah but relates to her position of the mother of Jesus who is the King of Heaven (and sits on the throne of David) as explained in the OP.

Giving honour to the true Queen of Heaven is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago gave honour to a false queen of heaven, just as worshipping the one true God is not wrong because some pagans 3,000 years ago worshipped false gods.
    [/QUOTE]

6. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Then point out where I went wrong in the OP rather than just going into denial.

7. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    No it doesn't

8. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

We remeber her is a special wa on particular days which celebrate certain aspects of her - Mother of God, Queen of Heaven for example. We ask her for her intercession and help.

There is an excellent article on this by Scott Hahn, a convert to Catholicism - Honouring Mary, Imitating Christ
    Blessings.

marks likes this.
  9. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    this is what I been trying to tell you all along. mary is just a woman, and the flesh she bore is just that human flesh, but what was in that Flesh was not biological... (smile), man oh man, when will they ever learn.

PICJAG
    101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

10. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    The flesh she bore is human flesh you say. Exactly, Jesus is human.
    But then you say that flesh is not biological.That makes no sense at all.

11. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    boy oh boy. Mungo is your spirit in your flesh is flesh? no, so the body is not the spirit that came from heaven. my God how hard is it. are you really thinking?

and two, are you really reading what I said? listen to what I said,
    well?

PICJAG

12. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    No, still makes no sense.

13. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    You need to go on Facebook or tweeter if you looking for no nonesense conversation .. because that Mary queen of heaven is DEAD.

so either go and study with the Holy Ghost, or as said go on facebook or tweeter.

PICJAG

14. Mungo

Mungo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    You stilol can't explain what you mean by your nonsense statement that "the flesh she bore is just that human flesh, but what was in that Flesh was not biological" What do you mean by the highlighted part?

Mary is alive in heaven.

15. Marymog

Marymog Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi JBF,

Who is the woman spoken of in Revelation that is clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars?

16. Marymog

Marymog Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hi Saboteur,

But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Bible Study Mary

17. Philip James

Philip James Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Peace be with you!

historyb likes this.
  18. justbyfaith

justbyfaith Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That would be the nation of Israel.

19. Renniks

Renniks Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No it's just radically unbiblical... Patching verses together to have nothing to do with Mary, to come to a false conclusion.

20. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I doubt that what was done in the Catholic and Orthodox Church can ever be undone. But you should know the truth. The origination of the title, queen of heaven, is pagan. When Christianity became the state religion, and paganism was outlawed, many things from paganism were brought into Christianity to help make the transition into the church less foreign for the pagans. Thus, besides robes, temples, and hats for the priests, the mystery religion of Babylon, the goddess and her godchild, were turned into Mary and Jesus.

Jeremiah 7:18
    The children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods, that they may provoke Me to anger.

Jeremiah 44:17
    But we will certainly do whatever has gone out of our own mouth, to burn incense to the queen of heaven and pour out drink offerings to her, as we have done, we and our fathers, our kings and our princes, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. For then we had plenty of food, were well-off, and saw no trouble.

Jeremiah 44:18
    But since we stopped burning incense to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have been consumed by the sword and by famine.”

Jeremiah 44:19
    The women also said, “And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did we make cakes for her, to worship her, and pour out drink offerings to her without our husbands’ permission?