Matthew 10:8 - "Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am really surprised at what I am hearing. Some of you are actually saying that nonChristians should not be allowed in "your" buildings. I agree that they should be hearing "The Gospel" from each of us out on the streets and at work or school, but to say to, in effect, turn them away??????

That's not it. What I was saying is that we don't invite non-believers on purpose to the meetings. If a non-believers wants to come...that's ok. But using a meeting of believers as a preaching forum for non-believers is not correct. If there is no dialogue happening among brethren IN the meeting...I leave. I don't attend orations.

I will not stand for believers to be preached at. Believers are to be taught...and that is by dialogue.

So then there should be NO stage or microphone. ALL are to participate and allow the Spirit to speak through whom HE wills...not some religious organization.

I am telling you what is in the word.

I have enough time in to not waste my time with religious chicaneries.

The presence of God is VERY important to me. A stage show is not the way to present intimacy with the Lord.

And those buildings that say "all are welcome" betray a bent towards numbers and money. Not the growth in depth of the church. Such places have literally no idea what discipleship is.

Friendship with the world is enmity with God. Looking for numbers without depth betrays the word "church" as presented to us in the bible and the early history thereof.

Should we let go of the word "church" as a counterfeit in order to go after the Ecclesia as we see in the bible?

Or, do we fight to get back on track while exposing the errors we see in what is presently calling itself "church."??

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bearing your heart on this site or any so called Christian forum is opening your self up to religious trolls that cruise the posts like religious wolverines.

This cannot be tolerated. Let the trolls have it EH?

I've always been so stupid so very very stupid. I thought when I was saved that all "churches" were filled with joyous Christians that were glad to have been rescued from their dark past. Wrong.

I find the same at these sites. I see that input here neither edifices or helps anyone. Just a religious Mars Hill. Religious Trolls like this always Epissedoffkopos are only happy when they are ripping and tearing like a rabid wolverine. Zero value. Don't need it.

Reactions: LC627

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not it. What I was saying is that we don't invite non-believers on purpose to the meetings. If a non-believers wants to come...that's ok. But using a meeting of believers as a preaching forum for non-believers is not correct. If there is no dialogue happening among brethren IN the meeting...I leave. I don't attend orations.

I will not stand for believers to be preached at. Believers are to be taught...and that is by dialogue.

So then there should be NO stage or microphone. ALL are to participate and allow the Spirit to speak through whom HE wills...not some religious organization.

I am telling you what is in the word.

I have enough time in to not waste my time with religious chicaneries.

The presence of God is VERY important to me. A stage show is not the way to present intimacy with the Lord.

And those buildings that say "all are welcome" betray a bent towards numbers and money. Not the growth in depth of the church. Such places have literally no idea what discipleship is.

Friendship with the world is enmity with God. Looking for numbers without depth betrays the word "church" as presented to us in the bible and the early history thereof.

Should we let go of the word "church" as a counterfeit in order to go after the Ecclesia as we see in the bible?

Or, do we fight to get back on track while exposing the errors we see in what is presently calling itself "church."??

Wow! I'd love to fellowship at your church. I'm so done with the traditional churches in the U.S. I know that I will be probably be labeled a heretic by some for saying this, but we have strayed so far from what God created His Church to be. Following Paul's teaching in 1 Cor 13-14 would be a good place to start for Christians who want to BE THE CHURCH, not just "go to church."

I suspect it will take some serious hardship and persecution for American Christians to get out of our comfort zones and out of the pews. I'm not saying that God never uses traditional churches. He uses all things to accomplish His plan, but He desires for His Church to be so much more than a spectator sport.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suspect it will take some serious hardship and persecution for American Christians to get out of our comfort zones and out of the pews. I'm not saying that God never uses traditional churches. He uses all things to accomplish His plan, but He desires for His Church to be so much more than a spectator sport.

Dont worry....it is coming....persecution will get the true Chirstian out of the pews and back into house fellowships ....

Welcome to the Site ( I think)

The last two people I welcomed.....by the time there’d posted half a dozen post , I wish I hadn’t!!!lol
:D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dont worry....it is coming....persecution will get the true Chirstian out of the pews and back into house fellowships ....

The last two people I welcomed.....by the time there’d posted half a dozen post , I wish I hadn’t!!!lol

"Welcome to the Site ( I think)

The last two people I welcomed.....by the time there’d posted half a dozen post , I wish I hadn’t!!!lol"
Hahaha...funny.
That said! Welcome to the site @Prayer Warrior :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I will always accept another welcome! You gave me the first one in another thread, but I have to say that you are one of the few who offer welcomes, so keep doing it. It's encouraging!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow! I'd love to fellowship at your church. I'm so done with the traditional churches in the U.S. I know that I will be probably be labeled a heretic by some for saying this, but we have strayed so far from what God created His Church to be. Following Paul's teaching in 1 Cor 13-14 would be a good place to start for Christians who want to BE THE CHURCH, not just "go to church."

Welcome here! :) <><

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bearing your heart on this site or any so called Christian forum is opening your self up to religious trolls that cruise the posts like religious wolverines.

This cannot be tolerated. Let the trolls have it EH?

I've always been so stupid so very very stupid. I thought when I was saved that all "churches" were filled with joyous Christians that were glad to have been rescued from their dark past. Wrong.

I find the same at these sites. I see that input here neither edifices or helps anyone. Just a religious Mars Hill. Religious Trolls like this always Epissedoffkopos are only happy when they are ripping and tearing like a rabid wolverine. Zero value. Don't need it.

I'm sorry you feel that way....these forums can be very difficult places to communicate seeing that there is only type to try to understand what the other person is saying.

I'm sorry if you were offended by something I posted.

If I remember correctly it had to do with you reacting to my statement about church not being a place for unbelievers ...to the point where "all are welcome."

Sometimes a person's personal experience does not reflect the general rule. I was speaking in general...not trying to lower any personal experience you or any other may have had. God can use anything.

My statements were not meant to be taken personally....as I wish for all and any believers to be set free into a greater experience of what church is to be.

Many people will defend the programs and the one-way ministry that most churches exercise at the present time.

That is only because nothing else has been experienced to show the poverty of the status quo.

I guess it goes by....no one having gotten used to the old wine will desire new wine. So then old habits die hard.

But there is a change coming. Before the Lord returns, I believe that many of these things will be rectified in order to prepare a people to meet their God.

Last edited:

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you like being on here. As really hope that you will give us a chance. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you like being on here. As really hope that you will give us a chance. Welcome aboard!
If this was for me, thanks! I've been blessed by the fellowship so far. What is an Encounter Team?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Episkopos, Are you an episkopos?

In a small way...yes. I moderate a small fellowship. We break bread from house to house. We have been meeting in homes since the Lord called us to do that (break bread from house to house) in 1989. But I was only anointed by God to take on the responsibility of oversight in 2000.

Alert

Sep 20, 2018
Southern California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do not judge so harshly. Many, even whole churches, are still babes in Christ. God doesn't need people to mature before he loves them. Let us never forget the love of God is the reason we are saved. Nether forget the blood of Jesus is the means by which we are saved.

Granted I wouldn't go to a church that subverts the gospel.
Churches are not doing the word of God. For example, by not casting out demons, they side with Satan. Churches are apostate.
Holy Bible - Revelation 3:16 Berean Study Bible
So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to vomit you out of My mouth!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I even start, I must say this thread has turned into a very interesting debate.
Holy Bible - Matthew 10:8 (ASV)
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons: freely ye received, freely give.

Churches are apostate, not doing as the Lord commanded, filled primarily with unbelievers, servants of the Devil, Satan. Churches are siding with Satan by not casting out demons (devils, evil spirits) and for other reasons.

There are ways to tell who is a believer and who is not. However, churches throw the doors wide open to the public, contrary to scripture.

I'm a strong believer in the need for the churches to return to operating in spiritual gifts (all of them), but your OP seems to suggest that those who are not doing so are not believers. To that I would ask you: Where do you think those who return to operating in spiritual gifts are going to come from? Certainly some will come from the streets, but others will be believers who currently do not but will enter more into it in the future, yes?
I like the scripture that says God added daily to the church as many as were saved.....they got saved and baptized and then were added to the church.

Excellent post! On the "opening the doors" question, I like this scripture as well. They were saved, baptized and then added to the church. Best post in the thread so far. There is a spiritual responsibility that comes with becoming a part of the body of Christ, and because of this rituals like baptism and communion were taken very seriously.
I am really surprised at what I am hearing. Some of you are actually saying that nonChristians should not be allowed in "your" buildings. I agree that they should be hearing "The Gospel" from each of us out on the streets and at work or school, but to say to, in effect, turn them away??????

Certainly we should allow people to visit if they are curious, Willie, as 1 Corinthians 14:23 says they were doing. But to be added to the church as described in Acts 2:47 is a different matter. Visiting is one thing; being added to the body of Christ is another, and carries responsibilities.
It is no coincidence that we don't find any spiritual maturity these days.

But the ministries are for the perfecting of the saints...not just a perpetual recruiting drive.

The church agenda has become numbers....with no depth at all.

Good point. Appealing to the lowest common denominator means that if you want to grow to anything resembling spiritual maturity now, you have to do so outside the church. You'll sit there and starve to death spiritually, dying of total spiritual lethargy unless you do.

It's as if most churches have dedicated themselves to becoming spiritual pre-schools. Anything above that level, and believers are forced to begin educating themselves.

Amen. Related to this open door question, I used to lead worship in a small church, and I will never forget the awful feeling I would get when people who were unsaved would be sitting in the front row, and visible out of the corner of my eye. Nothing quenches the Spirit of God more during worship than people who do not have the Spirit of God within them. And without the Spirit within them, how can the rest of the service be Spirit-filled and Spirit-led? These questions may not be important to those who do not value His manifest Presence, or even know what it feels like to experience it. But for those who do it is indispensable. If the Spirit is not present, it is not even church. It's just a gathering.
Churches are not doing the word of God. For example, by not casting out demons, they side with Satan. Churches are apostate.
Holy Bible - Revelation 3:16 Berean Study Bible
So because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to vomit you out of My mouth!

You seem fixated on deliverance ministry in particular. Why?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a small way...yes. I moderate a small fellowship. We break bread from house to house. We have been meeting in homes since the Lord called us to do that (break bread from house to house) in 1989. But I was only anointed by God to take on the responsibility of oversight in 2000.

That’s good to hear. God bless you as an overseer and your fellowship!!!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you and much appreciated. :) If you are ever in the Montreal area....please come visit.
Thanks for the invitation. I live in the southeastern United States, and I don't get up your way. Do you know of any good fellowships down here? :)