Matthew 28:19 – Trinity corrupted verse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, you call me a liar for quoting Jesus Christ. Sorta exposes you doesn't it?

• Jesus said to him: “Why do you call ME good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)
  • "the Father is Greater than I am." (John 14:28)
  • “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

No, you are a liar for twisting Scripture and denying this = Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1, denying that Jesus is the Word and was God in the beginning
You deny Isaiah and the other prophets who declare that Jesus is Jehovah, thy Redeemer = the Redeemer of Israel.
And other such Scriptures you deny

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are a liar for twisting Scripture and denying this = Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1, denying that Jesus is the Word and was God in the beginning
You deny Isaiah and the other prophets who declare that Jesus is Jehovah, thy Redeemer = the Redeemer of Israel.
And other such Scriptures you deny

Not at all... you claimed Jesus said he was equal to the father, and also claim Jehovah is Jesus. I simply quoted the words of Jesus that you have tried to twist. You got caught red handed.
  • Jesus said to him: “Why do you call ME good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)
  • “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, you call me a liar for quoting Jesus Christ. Sorta exposes you doesn't it?

Brando, If Jesus is not saying He is God to the young ruler, then Jesus is admitting that he is not good and admits to being a sinner.

That is the lie you are under.
JESUS says to you Brando = "But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me! Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”…

Brando run to JESUS = He alone is the SAVIOR

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to him: “Why do you call ME good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18)
You aren't saying Jesus was not good . . . are you? There is something to think about here. And I think that was the point for the young man.

Much love!

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brando, If Jesus is not saying He is God to the young ruler, then Jesus is admitting that he is not good and admits to being a sinner.

That is the lie you are under.
JESUS says to you Brando = "But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me! Which of you can prove Me guilty of sin? If I speak the truth, why do you not believe Me? Whoever belongs to God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”…

You bear false witness not only against me but Holy Spirit for denying the Words of Jesus Christ. Now you claim Jesus did not say the things he actually did by twisting them like a snake.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bear false witness not only against me but Holy Spirit for denying the Words of Jesus Christ. Now you claim Jesus did not say the things he actually did by twisting them like a snake.

Brando, Is Jesus good?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brando, Is Jesus good?

Why do you reject the words of Jesus Christ? Was Jesus inspired by Holy Spirit. Doesn't Holy Spirit dwell in Jesus??

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you reject the words of Jesus Christ? Was Jesus inspired by Holy Spirit. Doesn't Holy Spirit dwell in Jesus??

Brando you did not answer the question - Is Jesus good?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brando,
Please answer the question - Is Jesus good?

I believe ALL scripture starting in Genesis

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You certainly do not believe in the word of Christ. You have no understanding because you denied the Baptism in the Name Jesus Christ.

“Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given ME in heaven and on the earth. Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations in MY Name, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Hebrew Mat 28:18-20)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brando, according to the question Jesus asked - "Why do you call Me good? There is NONE good, ONLY GOD.

Brando - The Holy Spirit is asking you, right now, Is Jesus good?

Reactions: amigo de christo

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brando,
Please answer the question - Is Jesus good?

I believe ALL scripture starting in Genesis

David in NJ who denies Jesus own words. Why do you call Me good? There is NONE good, ONLY GOD.

Satan, the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. (2 Cor 4:4)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, if you don’t want to clarify the scope of your question, that is fine. However, that is the silly game you are playing.

I trusted that you knew the difference between: A. Answering a question with a question; B. Clarifying what the original question is. I was mistaken; You lack discernment.
Wrangler, you didn’t ask me to “clarify the scope of my question” and you didn’t answer a question with a question. You said, “I can answer about Scripture...... Before I answer,....

So, once again, I’m not playing your game. If you can answer, then answer! It’s pretty simple.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bold claim. If you re-examine your facts, I think you will find that I am correct; that there is no record of the resurrected Jesus, after stating he was GIVEN all authority on Earth and heaven, having then delegated that authority.
If you re-examine the facts you will find that you are wrong.

Jesus gave the Apostles the authority to bind or loosen mans sins. Did any man have that authority BEFORE Jesus gave it to the Apostles?

Jesus told the Apostles if anyone rejects the teachings of the Apostles they reject Jesus and the one who sent him. Is that not delegating authority wrangler?

At the Council of Jerusalem what the Apostles (who were men) decided was binding upon all Christians. They had the authority, given to them thru Christ, to bind YOU to their decision.

So, as Scripture clearly shows, your theory that Jesus didn’t delegate authority to any man is wrong. But I know that you are a prideful person and you will never admit you were wrong.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An alternative conclusion is that when most biblical scholars wrote concerning Matthew 28:19 they did not have access to the information about the Hebrew translation of Matthew (which was only translated into English in 1987), and the sources of quotes of Matthew 28:19 in early writings.

Paul's statement that "Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness" is a statement of fact. It doesn't mean that only one person, Timothy, was allowed to treat the Scriptures that way! If you were to quote some verses of Scripture that clearly proved my understanding or interpretation wrong, then I would have to acknowledge that I was wrong and need to do some more searching for the truth concerning the subject matter. Likewise I would hope that when I quote verses and explain what I think they mean, that others would realise that their different understanding was incorrect, if they were unable to show other verses of Scripture that supported their understanding. Unfortunately a lot of replies I see quote verses but their interpretation of them sometimes defies logic, and their writers stubbornly continue to believe the error! We can point out verses of Scriptures but we can't make people correctly understand them! For example, we can quote John 20:17, "Jesus said ... “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God”, and other verses like 1 Corinthians 8:6, and yet some people still think that Jesus is God!
Thanks keithr. I never said only one person was allowed to treat the Scriptures that way. I said Timothy was a pastoral letter. It was meant for pastors or leaders of The Church. You theory is that it is meant for everyone that reads/studies Scripture. That theory makes no sense. If your theory was true then who has the authority to reproof, correct and instruct in righteousness? Me? You? Martin Luther? Pope Francis? Everyone? Can you not see how you have misinterpreted that verse?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can only be come confident that our interpretation of the Scriptures is correct if our interpretation is in harmony with the Scriptures. So if we find a verse or verses which don't seem to fit with our understanding then we should question if our interpretation was correct or not. If we can't understand it, then we just have to wait until God reveals the answer/explanation to us.

I can't claim to understand the whole of the Bible, but we all start off with some foundational understanding and as we continue to read and study the Scriptures then hopefully, and by the grace of God, we'll come to understand more of it. And by sharing and discussing our knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures we help each other to learn more, and to recognise errors that we used to believe but later realise was in error. So we have to use our reasoning powers to search for the truth. As Solomon said, (Proverbs 25:2), "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter", and Revelation 5 says we will be kings :):

9) They sang a new song, saying, “You are worthy to take the book, and to open its seals: for you were killed, and bought us for God with your blood, out of every tribe, language, people, and nation,
10) and made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign on the earth.”​
Hmmm.....Scripture interprets Scripture is what you are suggesting. That puts you in another dilemma.

Here is your dilemma: The Catholic Church (or any church or any man) uses Scripture to interpret Scripture on what is necessary for a valid baptism and comes up with a doctrine based on their interpretation. The Lutherans (or any church or any man) use Scripture to interpret Scripture and come up with a different doctrine on what is necessary for a valid baptism. Which one used Scripture to properly interpret Scripture?

Mary