Matthew 7 (Jesus speaks about Hypocritical Judgement) (bible study with support scriptures)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reason that Christians have no authority or right to 'judge' others. While yes, you have to judge choices you personally make - you have no right to condemn other people. Otherwise you may face yourself under judgment, and that judgment can be from the other, or God himself. You can give your opinion of what may be good or not good to do; they must choose for themselves.

Remember when God told Adam - not to eat from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil - he left it at that. He made the choice after eve handed the fruit to him.

Do Not Judge
7 “Judge[a] not, that you be not judged.​
Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Romans 2:2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

Romans 14:3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Romans 14:10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of [a]Christ.

Romans 14:13
13 Therefore let us not judge one another [a]anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

1 Corinthians 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human [a]court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the [a]counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

James 4:11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one [a]Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who[b] are you to judge [c]another?
2 For with what [b]judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.​

Mark 4:24 Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?​

Luke 6:41 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? 42 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.

4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.​
6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.​
Proverbs 9:7 “He who corrects a scoffer gets shame for himself,
And he who rebukes a wicked man only harms himself.
8 Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you;
Rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.

Proverbs 23:9 Do not speak in the hearing of a fool,
For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.​

Reactions: amadeus

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who say Jesus is not God and Hell fire is not eternal have judged themselves, calling the Bible lies!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, will have to ask you to stay on topic please. If you have some personal agenda, or if you have something personal you want to talk to me about, please feel free to reach out, and touch base via private message. If you go any further from this message that doesn't relate to the topic at hand (Matthew 7), you will be reported.
Don't you read your own posts?

Your comment: "There is a reason that Christians have no authority or right to 'judge' others."

My comment was absolutely on topic whether you liked it or not.

My comment: "Those who say Jesus is not God and Hell fire is not eternal have judged themselves, calling the Bible lies!"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you read your own posts?

"There is a reason that Christians have no authority or right to 'judge' others."

My comment was on topic whether you liked it or not.

Judgment ultimately belongs to God alone, which Scripture time and again emphasizes. He is the one who “will judge the righteous and the wicked” (Eccl. 3:17). On that final day, the Lord will judge “the secrets of men by Christ Jesus”

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on

Those who say Jesus is not God and Hell fire is not eternal have judged themselves, calling the Bible lies!

It's amazing that people have the ability to change their mind before they die.

May those who believe be kind, and merciful towards others who think differently; because it's the goodness of God that leads to repentance (Change your mind).

Sure, I get you @Jack, you were right. My apologies, I was wrong.

Last edited: