May I have your opinions on something?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
I think that these parents and other people who do these things are not paying close attention to the fact that God provided people with talent and intelligence to assist in the healing of people. I think it is a fanatical thing to do and that they should be-but most likely won't be-charged with neglect and manslaughter.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree with Jackie completly If God is going to heal someone he can chose to do it through medical docters as well as prayer he warns us "do not test me" he says this because he doesnt need our help or testing he alone decides what he will prove and to whom. We can not comprehend the mind of God and should never try. As far as I'm concerned this is no differnt then steping off a cliff and saying if Gods real I wont die or get hurt . Guess what its gonna hurt or you'll be dead.

Elf

Mar 23, 2008
(Jackie D;42915)
I think that these parents and other people who do these things are not paying close attention to the fact that God provided people with talent and intelligence to assist in the healing of people. I think it is a fanatical thing to do and that they should be-but most likely won't be-charged with neglect and manslaughter.
I agree!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I feel sad and disappointed. God did not heal that girl and I don't know why. I'm cautious,but don't turn doctors away,but I also want to believe that God still heals. I'm struggling with that issue to be honest.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Thunder1;42957)
I feel sad and disappointed. God did not heal that girl and I don't know why. I'm cautious,but don't turn doctors away,but I also want to believe that God still heals. I'm struggling with that issue to be honest.
How come?And to everyone else, thank you for your thoughts.

Nyoka

Mar 26, 2008
It is a very sad case.
sad.gif
We have seen a few of these cases here in New Zealand. One thing the parents forget is God allowed doctors to have the knowledge they do for a reason. Praying for healing is fine but where needed it should be in co-operation with the doctors. Yes God can heal but He usually uses people to heal and this includes doctors. The ability to heal is not confined to Christian only.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Remagoen;42975)
How come?And to everyone else, thank you for your thoughts.
WHAT- How come?:eek:

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(Thunder1;42957)
God does heal,sure there are some that die,but who is really in the better place-Heaven-or Earth lets choose.
smile.gif
God is so far from us actually looking to see what is going on. We need to accept he knows what is going on
smile.gif

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I can certainly understand praying and trusting the Lord when there is no other option, but I do believe He expects us to do some things for ourselves--like going to a doctor. When Peter was brought out of prison by an angel, the angel didn't put his sandals on for him but told him to do it. Some things we can do for our selves; some things God has provided the knowledge to some people to do it for us. Everything else that no one can do, then we rely on God and His mercy. I believe those parents should be charged with negligent homicide. I have prayed about illnesses, but when God didn't heal I went to my doctor. I didn't just keep praying and suffering and saying, "God will heal me", right up until the point I quit breathing.

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
God provided us with medically trained professionals who know what they are doing. Even with treatments, I believe that prayer really can help. One needs to pray that the treatments will do as they are supposed to, and that God will help the treatments heal oneself.Sitting back and doing nothing is definitely neglect and the parents should be charged for the death of their daughter.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Dukester;43130)
God does heal,sure there are some that die,but who is really in the better place-Heaven-or Earth lets choose.
smile.gif
God is so far from us actually looking to see what is going on. We need to accept he knows what is going on
smile.gif

Yeah,he knows,better than we do. I still wonder why there are so, so many sick -even christian people,who believe God heals,but they don't get healed. I believed as kriss said a lot sickness is our own doing. But many sicknesses are not. Bible talks about healing a lot. I guess I'm not accepting that God is glorified by sickness as some Christians believe ,I'm not talking about anybody here. And yeah we can learn something by going through the journey of sickness, patience,compassion etc. perhaps or choose to become bitter etc. Today I went to church, first person who I became in contact with has been long time seriously sick, second sick person sat next to me, in front of us, me and my hubby was a man,who's wife is having chemotheraphy at the moment,so she was not in the church. I still believe that salvation is the most important thing,that you don't need to bring that up. I SO totally know it, but healing is in the Bible.
sad.gif

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Prayer should be the first option, Thunder 1, not the last. God can tell you whether to go to the doctor and which one to go to. He uses us to witness to doctors. I have seen in several cases with people in our church where they were diagnosed with cancer and the doctors gave them little to no hope. The person with the cancer went through it, having our church body at the doctor visits, hospital, praying,etc., being a witness for Christ. Then, the person was healed of the cancer. What a great witness! The Bible clearly tells us to be wise in Proverbs and in Matt. 10:16, we are told to be as wise as serpents, yet as harmless as doves when we are sent OUT. Jesus said these words. We must get out of our homes and into the world as a witness. I know you know that, Thunder1, so I'm really not addressing all of this to you. I'm just reminding us all that we need to listen to the Lord. He always directs us in the ways of wisdom. They may not make sense to us, and they may not always be the same for each person, but we should HEAR Him if we belong to Him. He said His sheep would hear His voice (John 10:3), so in spending time with Him each day, we should ask Him when a situation like this arises, and then take action. Our relationship with Him should be one of complete trust. Yes, He may call us to walk through the sickness for a time so He can show a mighty work of healing. He may take us home. The question is: How much do we REALLY trust Him?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(His By Grace;43354)
Prayer should be the first option, Thunder 1, not the last. God can tell you whether to go to the doctor and which one to go to. He uses us to witness to doctors. I have seen in several cases with people in our church where they were diagnosed with cancer and the doctors gave them little to no hope. The person with the cancer went through it, having our church body at the doctor visits, hospital, praying,etc., being a witness for Christ. Then, the person was healed of the cancer. What a great witness! The Bible clearly tells us to be wise in Proverbs and in Matt. 10:16, we are told to be as wise as serpents, yet as harmless as doves when we are sent OUT. Jesus said these words. We must get out of our homes and into the world as a witness. I know you know that, Thunder1, so I'm really not addressing all of this to you. I'm just reminding us all that we need to listen to the Lord. He always directs us in the ways of wisdom. They may not make sense to us, and they may not always be the same for each person, but we should HEAR Him if we belong to Him. He said His sheep would hear His voice (John 10:3), so in spending time with Him each day, we should ask Him when a situation like this arises, and then take action. Our relationship with Him should be one of complete trust. Yes, He may call us to walk through the sickness for a time so He can show a mighty work of healing. He may take us home. The question is: How much do we REALLY trust Him?
I'm waiting for that to happen.