meme dump!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was published in syndicated news papers back in the 1960s when I was a child and read the "funnies" every day in the Long Island Press. That strip was loaded with irony, but it was innocent and made people laugh at themselves.
That one statement by the character pogo was so well recieved that the artist was invited to reuse it in another cartoon (where he was in woods but surrounded by garbage) to advertise the celebration of the first "Earth day, " To raise environmental consciousness. I can't believe anyone would stoop so low as to make the artist into a divisive racist. How corrupted is 21st century thinking?
Really corrupt when you make false allusions against a posted article you were unable to understand. And these screeds you're resorting to now, including name calling, doesn't obscure those facts.

You can't understand the Pogo quote about enemies. And you don't understand why it was added to an article about racism in America.

We have met the enemy. And they are us.
Racism makes us all enemies of one another when we see race as a reason to see one another as less than.

And the article where that Pogo quote appeared made the observation as to how racism can be used as a tool to galvanize communities into a deeper divide if,when, the rhetoric is concentrated to that end.

In short, nothing in the article you misrepresent implied Pogo or the strips creator was racist. All that you're saying now in misrepresenting the truth of it, is a reflection on you.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really corrupt when you make false allusions against a posted article you were unable to understand. And these screeds you're resorting to now, including name calling, doesn't obscure those facts.

You can't understand the Pogo quote about enemies. And you don't understand why it was added to an article about racism in America.

We have met the enemy. And they are us.
Racism makes us all enemies of one another when we see race as a reason to see one another as less than.

And the article where that Pogo quote appeared made the observation as to how racism can be used as a tool to galvanize communities into a deeper divide if,when, the rhetoric is concentrated to that end.

In short, nothing in the article you misrepresent implied Pogo or the strips creator was racist. All that you're saying now in misrepresenting the truth of it, is a reflection on you.
I understand it perfectly. You're just being impertinent, ignorant, and rebellious against the saints. See yah, wouldn't want to be yah.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well i pay as much attn to politics as i do religion--both passing away anyway--and i would agree that that would prolly be a di...thoughtless appropriation, but i would have to see the meme to be sure, and clicking on the link just took me to some Talking Head article? Where's the beef?

ok, found it
and i take it this is the offending post?
Not so much the post but the political babble of the poster, ignorant of biblical order in the church as well as ignorant of the teaching of the great philosopher Pogo.;)

Reactions: bbyrd009

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand it perfectly. You're just being impertinent, ignorant, and rebellious against the saints. See yah, wouldn't want to be yah.
That's mature.:rolleyes:
You just proved you had not a clue. You're jousting against your own shadow and don't even know it. And now you're taking name calling to the depths by implying I'm not a Christian.

Pogo would be very disappointed in you.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Random-Funny-Memes-13-1.jpg

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's mature.:rolleyes:
You just proved you had not a clue. You're jousting against your own shadow and don't even know it. And now you're taking name calling to the depths by implying I'm not a Christian.

Pogo would be very disappointed in you.
I've done no such thing. I'm just saying very plainly that you're a rebellious child who doesn't know her place, transgressing the commandment in at least 2 posts, playing the part of Satan in accusing the brethren, and refusing to submit to an elder in silence.
I've encountered a few here like you and I'm less offended than saddened by your rebellion to the word. But let me put you to the scriptural test.
The Apostle Paul wrote:
34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. 1 Corinthians 14 :34-35
Is this the inspired word of God, or was Paul just a misogynist?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we post pics??

Well, if you're on a computer:

1. You go to a picture and click on it.
2. That should take you to a separate screen with just the picture itself.
3. Then you click on that picture and click "Copy" at the top of your menu.
4. Then you come here, click on the "Post Repy" box, go to your menu on the computer and click "Paste."
5. If it worked, the image will appear.

You can also just move your cursor over the image when it's on the separate screen, blue it up, and then press "Copy" that way. Sometimes it works better.