men hear themselves

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If you mean will someone be saved by only reading the scripture. I think not, but how many people with an interest in spiritual things, only read the bible.
Most if they are interested talk to people, read other books, blogs etc and attend church services.

We can't put a hunger for God into someone. When people seek God with all their heart they do so out of self interest. Who knows what are all the means God uses to draw us to him. But there must always be a draw before someone comes to christ. John 6:44

I have often heard of the "God shaped hole," but is it scriptural? Or is God the Father drawing who he wills and leaving out others?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We can't put a hunger for God into someone. When people seek God with all their heart they do so out of self interest. Who knows what are all the means God uses to draw us to him. But there must always be a draw before someone comes to christ. John 6:44

I have often heard of the "God shaped hole," but is it scriptural? Or is God the Father drawing who he wills and leaving out others?

Try eccl3:11 God has put eternity in the human heart.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn