Men's Hearts Failing them for Fear the Sea Waves Roaring!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony sez >> "This took place in 70ad"

Really! ?? "The Son of man came in a cloud with power and great glory." ??

Is this something you witnessed personally, or did someone tell this to you??

Giggle!
The language of God coming in the clouds has to do with coming in judgment. Nothing to giggle at. The bible tells me so.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The language of God coming in the clouds has to do with coming in judgment. Nothing to giggle at. The bible tells me so.

You previously said that all this stuff happened in 70 AD. And now you say He is still coming!??

When you finally figure out whether He has already come, or is still coming, let us know.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You previously said that all this stuff happened in 70 AD. And now you say He is still coming!??

When you finally figure out whether He has already come, or is still coming, let us know.
Let me simplify it for you.
It was not a literal coming as the second coming will be.
Look in isa 19:1-2
The same language is used here and other places.
There was no literal physical coming.
There are several verses like this.

The coming in the clouds , that is judgment, did happen to that generation. Jesus said it would and it did.
It was the sign to them that He was ruling from heaven.
Are you a new Christian?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, My view is somewhat different. I see this occasion of being taken up before the opening of the 7th seal. I see the church still here in Rev 6, where they will be here until the number of those to be beheaded is complete. They have been through tribulation, but they are taken away before all hell breaks loose with the opening of the 7th seal.

I don't interpret the Scripture based on man's traditions. I'm aware there are post-tribulationalists that believe the Church is taken out immediately before the vials, but that's just not written, and is a guilty addition just as much as a false pre-trib rapture added to Scripture. Our Lord Jesus showed us on the 6th Vial that He comes "as a thief", linking the day of His coming and gathering of the Church to the very last 7th Vial and the battle of Armageddon.

But how can that be? How can the Church be protected then? God's Word shows us, but many just won't read and heed the simple Scripture. 1 Thessalonians 4 reveals how our Lord Jesus gathers His Church on that final day. He brings the asleep saints with Him from the heavenly, and those of us still alive on earth are 'caught up' with them (and Him) on His way to Jerusalem to do battle. That is what God's Word shows with the Acts 1 and Zechariah 14 evidence in conjunction with 1 Thess.4 & 5, and 2 Peter 3:10.

But there are a couple of things that have to be dealt with before the 7th is opened. The angels are instructed to hold off until the 144,000 have been sealed. And the purpose of the seal? to protect them against the fury God was going to pour out on the world, because they would be on earth with the opening of the seal.

Like I said, I don't let men's traditions get in the way of interpreting God's Word, even though I also have suppositions that are mine that are pending more study. Thus I do not see the order of the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials being sequential like they are most often taught. I see the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials as separate units in parallel. The Seals of Rev.6 are the seven main signs of the end our Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse. Thus the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials are only about 7 main signs; they are just expanded in Revelation. This is why the events of Christ's coming are shown on the 6th Seal (latter part), 7th Trumpet, and 7th Vial. The Antichrist's coming is on the 6th Seal (first part), 6th Trumpet, and 6th Vial (666).

God's seal of Rev.7 is for protection against deception by the locusts and the symbolic flood out of the serpent's mouth. That is tribulation time, not just at the end of the tribulation before the four winds blow. The sealing Apostle Paul showed is for the believer by The Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 1:22). In Revelation 9, only those NOT sealed with God's seal are subject to the stinging. The stinging there is about deceptions which come out of the locust's mouths for we are told their power is in their mouths.

One who is not sealed by The Holy Spirit for the coming tribulation will be deceived by the coming Antichrist and his workers. That time of sealing is now, since Jesus died on the cross and The Father resurrected Him. All those in Rev.7 is about those who are 'sealed' with God's seal prior to the four winds blowing, i.e., end of this world.

But why were those of the church not sealed? Because they would not be here during the 7th seal.

That's where you are adding to the Rev.7 Scripture. We cannot just dump all other Scripture when we study a single Chapter. Is there Scripture evidence of the Church being removed prior to Christ's return on the 7th Vial? No, just the opposite. In Rev.16:15 on the 6th Vial, Jesus is still warning His Church that He comes "as a thief". The Church is still on earth then, going through the great tribulation. That "as a thief" warning links to Paul and Peter's teaching about the last day, when the "day of the Lord" happens. Even Rev.11 is key to this because God's two witnesses don't rise until the same hour of the sounding of the 7th Trumpet, which at that trumpet all the kingdoms of this world become those of The Father and His Son.

I see this as the time that the Bible refers to the times of the Gentiles ending. Then the 144,000 are left here, begin God's re-attention to the Jews. What will be their purpose here on earth? I don't know. The Bible doesn't say, but I suspect it has to do with the Jews, Israel and Jerusalem in preparation for the coming King, and the new world order where the world is ruled from Jerusalem for 1000 years.

The Rom.11 fullness of the Gentiles is about all those of the nations that are going to believe on Jesus for this present world. That won't be fulfilled until the very day of our Lord Jesus' return.

The idea of the 144,000 being left behind, while the Gentiles are raptured, is... man's theory of a pre-tribulational rapture.

The 144,000 are about the saved of the two houses of Israel. Again, that sealing is by The Holy Spirit... and is only for those in Christ Jesus. Even though many Churches like to teach Darby's old theory that the 144,000 are orthodox unbelieving Jews left behind to suffer the tribulation, they are wrong, and are not keeping to God's Word.

It appears you have not studied about the two separate kingdoms of the children of Israel which God split after Solomon's days (see 1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 17). The Jews represented only the 3-tribe kingdom of the "house of Judah" at Jerusalem-Judea. Israel was represented by the ten tribe kingdom of the "house of Israel" in the north at Samaria. Once that is understood, then it should be understood that not all of those 144,000 are Jews. The majority of them are ten lost tribe Israelites.

The ten northern tribes were never known as Jews. The title of Jew came from the tribe of Judah, which those who sided with Judah of the southern kingdom are those who took that name. When God removed the northern ten tribes, they became lost to the world and to the Jews. Only the Jews of the southern kingdom were left, and only they represented Israel after that (to the world that is; God has not lost the ten tribes, as He has promised to gather them).

Reactions: Keraz

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me simplify it for you.
It was not a literal coming as the second coming will be.
Look in isa 19:1-2
The same language is used here and other places.
There was no literal physical coming.
There are several verses like this.

The coming in the clouds , that is judgment, did happen to that generation. Jesus said it would and it did.
It was the sign to them that He was ruling from heaven.
Are you a new Christian?

Okay Anthony, I'm not all that bright, and lack the mental dexterity to understand what you are saying.

First of all, you say this happened in 70 AD, and then you say it didn't happen, that it was only figurative. So it didn't happen. The only Scripture reference mentioned was from Isaiah, a prophecy about Egypt, one that has never yet been fulfilled!! ??

So I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but it seems to be just a figment of your imagination.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay Anthony, I'm not all that bright, and lack the mental dexterity to understand what you are saying.

First of all, you say this happened in 70 AD, and then you say it didn't happen, that it was only figurative. So it didn't happen. The only Scripture reference mentioned was from Isaiah, a prophecy about Egypt, one that has never yet been fulfilled!! ??

So I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but it seems to be just a figment of your imagination.
It actually happened at Pentecost, it’s when the Glory of God came into man and it continues to happen to this very minute

What is this prophecy about Egypt I’m certain it’s already been fulfilled.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It actually happened at Pentecost, it’s when the Glory of God came into man and it continues to happen to this very minute

Anthony, At Pentecost, He sent a number of Holy Spirits to baptize with fire those who were gathered together that day.

The Isaiah prophecy contains a whole lot of promises which have never been fulfilled. You didn't read the Grand Finale!!:

"19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord near its border. It will become a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them. Thus the Lord will make Himself known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day. They will even worship with sacrifice and offering, and will make a vow to the Lord and perform it. The Lord will strike Egypt, striking but healing; so they will return to the Lord, and He will respond to them and will heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.

24 In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anthony, At Pentecost, He sent a number of Holy Spirits to baptize with fire those who were gathered together that day.

The Isaiah prophecy contains a whole lot of promises which have never been fulfilled. You didn't read the Grand Finale!!:

"19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord near its border. It will become a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them. Thus the Lord will make Himself known to Egypt, and the Egyptians will know the Lord in that day. They will even worship with sacrifice and offering, and will make a vow to the Lord and perform it. The Lord will strike Egypt, striking but healing; so they will return to the Lord, and He will respond to them and will heal them.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians.

24 In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”
Already happened.

John 7:35 KJV
[35] Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22:10 KJV
[10] So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

Tecarta Bible

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stan I am not trying to trick you. Let me do it this way.
Jesus is in Heaven now.
Jesus does not return until the last day.
Jesus said judgment was going to happen to Jerusalem in the first century.
It did.
In isa.19 judgment was coming to Egypt.
It described the judgment as a coming in the clouds. The language was metaphorical....not literal...do you understand?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stan I am not trying to trick you. Let me do it this way.
Jesus is in Heaven now.
Jesus does not return until the last day.
Jesus said judgment was going to happen to Jerusalem in the first century.
It did.
In isa.19 judgment was coming to Egypt.
It described the judgment as a coming in the clouds. The language was metaphorical....not literal...do you understand?

I never suggested that you were trying to trick me. I just said what you have posted makes no sense to me. You say that Isaiah's prophecy has already taken place in the past.

When was Israel ever a third party with Egypt and Assyria??

And when did the Lord ever say “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.” ??

"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians."

"In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

Your declaration makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never suggested that you were trying to trick me. I just said what you have posted makes no sense to me. You say that Isaiah's prophecy has already taken place in the past.

And when did the Lord ever say “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.” ??

"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians."

"In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, “Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.”

300,000 Christians

Assyrian Christians were around 1.4 million before the 2003 invasion. They are currently reported to only remain about 300,000 Christians in Iraq.Jan 19, 2018
upload_2019-9-19_8-51-58.jpeg
Assyria - UNPO

Reactions: Stan B

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant churches claim a membership of about 300,000 Egyptians, and the Coptic Catholic Church is estimated to have similar membership figures. These figures would put the percentage of Christians in Egypt between 10% and 20% of the total population.
upload_2019-9-19_8-58-31.png
Religion in Egypt - Wikipedia

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already happened.

John 7:35 KJV
[35] Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

Tecarta Bible

The Isaiah 19:23-24 verses have not happened yet. God's Highway is for after Christ's 2nd coming. It is linked to Isaiah 11, Isaiah 35:8-10, the literal fulfillment of Isaiah 40 at Christ's 2nd coming, as John the Baptist served as the spiritual version for Christ's 1st coming.

The following was not fulfilled at Christ's 1st coming because the Jews rejected Him and John the Baptist...

Isa 40:1-11
40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith your God.
2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
KJV

That highway was not literally fulfilled in the middle east in the time of Christ's 1st coming. Nor did Jesus rule then "with strong hand" but was crucified. His 2nd coming in our near future is when He will rule with that strong hand. That puts these events for the very end of this world, even though verse 3 was quoted by John the Baptist in The Gospel Books.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That highway was not literally fulfilled in the middle east in the time of Christ's 1st coming. Nor did Jesus rule then "with strong hand" but was crucified. His 2nd coming in our near future is when He will rule with that strong hand. That puts these events for the very end of this world, even though verse 3 was quoted by John the Baptist in The Gospel Books.

Colossians 3:15 KJV
[15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Tecarta Bible
Who rules your heart?

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stop confusing yourself.
Behold the Lord rides on a swift cloud.
And will come into Egypt.
The idols hotter.
The heart of Egypt will melt in its midst.

Does Jesus ride in on a nimbo- cumlous cloud?
Is it shaped like a horse, or chariot?
DOES He stop in for a lunch or dinner break?
How does the land of Egypt have a heart?
How does this heart melt?