Michael jackson

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just thinking, I wonder how the world would be if Michael Jackson had done it gods way. Can you imagine how many people ALL across the world would be brought to Christ??? That would be amazing. God gave him an influence and spirit that was unseen before, but sadly the world and sin got involved, so Gods plan for him wasnt completed. Thats sad to think about, I dont want to come up short in the end and Have christ say to me, Away from me I never knew you, but God knows the heart, only he can determine where we belong.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That kind of made me wonder how the world would be if people didn't make judgments about people they don't know based off here-say in the media...

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
I believe MJ is not in a good place now. IMO!

I read in an article about a woman from S. America that was brought up to Heaven and was shown hell as well.
She reported seeing various famous people there, with MJ included..:mellow:

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
What makes a judge a judge? Their ability to pass sentence... so don't judge = don't pass sentence... why is it God's responsibility to judge and not ours... because God knows what's in their heart and we don't...

That doesn't mean we can't observe and react to our observations... you see someone that looks like they might rob a liquor store... you get away and call the cops... but it's only the judge that can convict them and pass sentence.

So don't pass sentence on people because it's not your job and you're not qualified... especially people you only know through media and you've never even had a relationship with.

Etienne

Jun 6, 2011
Dont you just love haters? ;)

In my opinion, he lived a life bot commonly known to be the life of a Christian, and in my opinion, that is why people will say things like that.
You are correct, I (and no other human) can say who is in hell and who is not... but what if it has been showed to you through the works of Jesus or God?

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I've never been a fan of Jacko but I know that he wasn't right in the head. I think he was profoundly mentally ill which was all too often swept udner the carpet as eccentricities when the man really needed help. I can't imagine God punnishing someone for that and I hope his soul is resting in peice.

Jermane on the other hand converted to Islam, so he won't be going to Heaven. he is a traitor. Apostassy is such a great act of treachery but to join the most diabolical cult the world has ever seen is tuly anathema.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I was just thinking, I wonder how the world would be if Michael Jackson had done it gods way. Can you imagine how many people ALL across the world would be brought to Christ??? That would be amazing. God gave him an influence and spirit that was unseen before, but sadly the world and sin got involved, so Gods plan for him wasnt completed. Thats sad to think about, I dont want to come up short in the end and Have christ say to me, Away from me I never knew you, but God knows the heart, only he can determine where we belong.

Don't the scriptures say that HolySpirit has to draw you. If people came because of Michael Jackson, would it be a religious encounter or genuine? I am not sure that his influence was from God and as far as spirit goes I didn't know him personally, but from what I seen of him publicly I would say it's doubtful. Of course I wasn't a fan but as a general rule that I apply to this kind of scenario especially evangelists and pastors, they are going to project the very best they can to the public, so you are seeing their best and if it is still lacking the appropriate character you kind get a picture on how to receive them, so that's my method.
smile.gif

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats the "Jacko" about? This is a christian board. We love, we don't hate. I still love MJ, its kind of strange but When I was younger I didnt have a father, so all I did was watch MJ and BRuce Lee, I usually tell people that those 2 raised me LOL. MJ's voice and influence was a gift from god, I believe. Now if he had used it in the way GOD had seen fit, then WOW. It'd be so many people coming to christ. The man is Known throughout the world... Every country, and mainly for his music, now had that been Godly music, it would have been an explosion of faith. Sometimes people accidentaly fall into their calling for whatever reasons... YOu could be doing something God wants you to do and Not even know it. Michael Wrote one of my fav songs, "Keep the Faith" Thats powerful, along with the earth song we are the world etc... Imagine if he would have stayed course... Wow it would have been a blessing.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I didn't mean any disrespect by calling him jacko. Havn't you ever heard him called that? It's only a opular term of enderement like calling David Beckham "Becks."

MJ was very talented as a singer, songwriter and dancer, he was awesome he really was but the man's private life was a bloody shamgles and his weird behaviour was indulged for decades. Lots of people never had a real childhood but they don't constantly want to be a child all the time. Normally I would say that Jacko's personal life was up tp him and if he didn't hurt anyone then its OKbut what about the boys he slept with? That is the kind of behaviour that can never be indulged no matter how wealthy and eccentric a person is.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I saw this written somewhere.
I don't know any scrupture that supports it, but I do try to apply it to me.
I fail often in my efforts, but I am trying:

"In many cases judging someone for something is actually more of a sin than the thing you are judging them for."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes a judge a judge? Their ability to pass sentence... so don't judge = don't pass sentence... why is it God's responsibility to judge and not ours... because God knows what's in their heart and we don't...

That doesn't mean we can't observe and react to our observations... you see someone that looks like they might rob a liquor store... you get away and call the cops... but it's only the judge that can convict them and pass sentence.

So don't pass sentence on people because it's not your job and you're not qualified... especially people you only know through media and you've never even had a relationship with.

Every time we judge, we are eating the same fruit as Adam and Eve.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mean any disrespect by calling him jacko. Havn't you ever heard him called that? It's only a opular term of enderement like calling David Beckham "Becks."

MJ was very talented as a singer, songwriter and dancer, he was awesome he really was but the man's private life was a bloody shamgles and his weird behaviour was indulged for decades. Lots of people never had a real childhood but they don't constantly want to be a child all the time. Normally I would say that Jacko's personal life was up tp him and if he didn't hurt anyone then its OKbut what about the boys he slept with? That is the kind of behaviour that can never be indulged no matter how wealthy and eccentric a person is.

And thats the thing, Who;s to say MJ was bizarre, people call me weird... Because I'm different, I like different things... Thats what makes a personality unique. John the baptist ate bugs and was a man who liked the wilderness. We all do things that other people would find abnormal, but this guy took waaay too much heat from a world full of sinners. Last I checked he was found not guilty of sleeping with anyone. He just loved children. Im sure Jesus would sleep with kids that loved him. Everyone Judged him FROM a MANS POV. Not a loving one. Sure he was robbed of a childhood, but all of us HAD emotional scars and dealt with them in their own way, via alcohol, sex, drugs, abuse, violence, or even murder..... That Vs. building a castle and enjoying the company of children.... IDK, but the others look far more dangerous.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Whats the "Jacko" about? This is a christian board. We love, we don't hate.

-- Tim, of you were such a big fan of Michael Jackson you would know that "Jacko" was not an insult or put down.
It was commonly used by commentators, friends, and - If I am correct - at least one of Jackson's own lawyers.

Commonly used for years with no intent to insult or minimize.

Enhance your calm.

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- Tim, of you were such a big fan of Michael Jackson you would know that "Jacko" was not an insult or put down.
It was commonly used by commentators, friends, and - If I am correct - at least one of Jackson's own lawyers.

Commonly used for years with no intent to insult or minimize.

Enhance your calm.

Get ur facts straight... Please, Michael says he doesnt like to be called that and it hurts him. I respectfully agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwinJ2__5Y
There's the vid.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
That doesn't mean it is disrepectful.

I am hurt when you don't call me sir or master.

Why are you being disrespectful to me?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Some people say I'm weird, or eccentric....... Here's me at 16. Based on how I looked what would you have thought if you ran into me on the street?

me16.jpg

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Well there u have it, Jesus didnt have a home to stay in and there was nothing attractive about him other than the godly presence. DOes that make him weird???? I love all people regardless of flaws and character, because I been there and Jesus showed the same love.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
OK, I really don't want to compare Michael Jackson with Jesus. Jesus is our Lord and saviour and Michael Jackson was a very talented man who I will admit dared to be different, which is not an easy thing to do but there were some things aobut Jacko's behaviour that really needed addressing. I don't think he did anything really bad with those kids like having sex with them though he did get them drunk a few tiems but a grown man just can't go around doing this kind of thing even if his intentions are innocent. This man needed help and the world was too busy waiting to see what he would do next to do what really needed to be done.

P.S If you'd prefer me not to call him jacko I will udnerstand but I'm not meaning it as a slur.