"Milk" is Doctrine, "Meat" is.....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This is a reference to the letter to the Laodiceans (Revelation 3:14-21)
i always assumed "we" throughout, iow the same ppl who claimed they were all good were actually...not
saying we have everything we need and are prospering all the while they are blind and naked and poor
ah, but i see now that you just changed tenses in there, and the lack of quotation marks threw me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which open the door to divine revelation (The meat of the word),
By which it seems you mean that God is actually saying differently from what is written, and you just KNOW this by divine revelation, and now you can imbue whatever text with whatever meaning, and I'm just ignore the Bible, and listen to you.

The meat of the word is understand more fully what God says, because you've been doing the part you know.

And because I continue to support the Biblical teaching over yours when the two disagree, you continually give your negative statements. I don't even know that I can call them opinions, really, because I don't really know what you think, only what you write.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By which it seems you mean that God is actually saying differently from what is written, and you just KNOW this by divine revelation, and now you can imbue whatever text with whatever meaning, and I'm just ignore the Bible, and listen to you.

The meat of the word is understand more fully what God says, because you've been doing the part you know.

And because I continue to support the Biblical teaching over yours when the two disagree, you continually give your negative statements. I don't even know that I can call them opinions, really, because I don't really know what you think, only what you write.

What textualism says is that All of the word of God is contained in the Bible, Therefore they Say God does not Speak to the church like he did in the first century.... This sort of thinking has led to large segments of the church promoting cessationism. No gifts, no divine revelation, only the scripture..... Two positions which are entirely anti-scriptural.... Now I understand why this is the case, because of all the false spirits that have manipulated the Pentecostal movement.... But this does not prevent God from giving gifts, and revealing Truth further than the Word of God contains (1 Corinthians 2:9-10, John 16:13).

All you have done is Taken the life out of the Spirit of Life, by making the Word of God a codex of rules to follow, rather than a life giving relationship we have with "Emmanuel" God with us That reveals who He is and How we can come to Know Him.....

The Bible, the text is just the beginning of this life giving relationship that never stops Teaching us, leading us, revealing to us, more of Christ Jesus, and What he has done for us and all he will be doing for us.

When you see this then you will truly understand who the Antichrist (against the anointing) Is, and they are the ones who believe in a Jesus that "Was and is not now, and is to come" Whereas those who understand His presence and seek his teaching and leading and revelation worship Him as the one "who was and is and is to come".

We do not serve a deistic God who left us alone to our mind and intellect to discern and learn Truth with only the Bible as a Guide, But He gave us a comforter to guide us along our journey, One who leads us, teaches us and reveals to us the Mysteries of God....

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: (Of Full age, Mature) yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. (1 Corinthians 2:6-8)

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are prescribing is that we trust the carnal mind of man over the mind of Christ, the Holy Spirit in us.
Repetitious, and just as wrong the first time you said it. And that you repeat it, well, this shows the deliberateness of your act.

I don't see this going anywhere, you've not really changed your tone for some time now.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repetitious, and just as wrong the first time you said it. And that you repeat it, well, this shows the deliberateness of your act.

I don't see this going anywhere, you've not really changed your tone for some time now.

I told you several hundred comments ago this was fruitless, yet you did not stop commenting on my posts.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: 1 Peter 2:2

Milk are the basic doctrines of Salvation that all believers know. This milk causes division as we see in the church today and throughout history, and this was and still is what God designed into the church so as to get them to move from milk to meat.

Few understand what the meat of the Word is or means. The writer of Hebrews equates the meat with the "word of righteousness" (Hebrews 5:12-13)

The Word of Righteousness lays aside the divisions in the church (Which again are God ordained that we should learn to digest the meat of the Word), Which in turn will lead to the church being of one accord.

This process is outlined In Ephesians 4:11-16 Speaking of the "being tossed to and fro by the wind of doctrine" that so many in the Body of Christ experience especially on forums such as this when two sides are presented with strong arguments for and against them.

Again, these divisions are not a "Bad thing", but rather a part of our maturation.... they being God ordained. The Problem is many never grow beyond this milk of doctrine and the continual carnality that perpetuates these divisions, as the writer of Hebrews in the above verses complained about, and Paul complained about in 1 Corinthians 3:1-4.

What does the Meat of the Word mean to you and how does one begin to digest that meat?
Is there a certain realization or experience that moves us from Milk to meat? A condition in mankind that is prone to division that must be overcome? If so explain.

I Leave this open ended in order to show how there are various ways that we reach this point, and I Hope to get a range of answers here which we can then begin to see a commonality to them all.

Milk is not a division of any kind!
The analogy used is a comparison of the gospel and basics which feeds the new born Christians with mother's milk given to infants. A mother's milk is pure nourishment, but when the infant starts to cut teeth and grow a little older, they need meat. So the meat (also nourishment) is given when they are ready. As we mature as Christians we need to advance our learning of the Lord and His righteousness and how to practice/walk - as toddlers learn.

Reactions: marks and David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Milk is not a division of any kind!
The analogy used is a comparison of the gospel and basics which feeds the new born Christians with mother's milk given to infants. A mother's milk is pure nourishment, but when the infant starts to cut teeth and grow a little older, they need meat. So the meat (also nourishment) is given when they are ready. As we mature as Christians we need to advance our learning of the Lord and His righteousness and how to practice/walk - as toddlers learn.

What Would you say was the defining event that marked your move from milk to meat?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Would you say was the defining event that marked your move from milk to meat?
My Mommy stopped giving me her breast ... I cried for awhile and moved on. "Burgers ... emm ... good ... can I have some lettuce and tomato with that please".
No seriously, a tree takes awhile before it can bear fruit. Learning about what LOVE is, is the beginning and then the application part is when marturity starts.

Reactions: David H.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer, Thanks. 1 John 2:5 comes to mind here.

‘…in him verily hath the love of God been perfected’ 1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

could perfected in ‘his love is perfected in us’…be the same as edified? ‘his love is edified in us’. Colossians 3:12-14.

revisiting what a tree brings forth …what is brought out, what is brought forward in …can a corrupt tree bring forth praise and repentance unto God? Or this kind only goes out but by much prayer and fasting? Or what is brought forth in 1 Corinthians 14:23-26 and “thus the secrets of his heart is made manifest” and “praise unto God” 1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring (forth?)to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Isaiah 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Last edited: