"Milk" is Doctrine, "Meat" is.....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
funny you say this…my current working def of “truth” is “that thing that you can’t hear” :)

can’t or refuse…I wonder? For example what I tell you in darkness or in secret, speak in the light? That has kind of changed the way I’ve considered what is ‘to prophesy’. Going from ‘hidden truths’ or ‘gems’ being said to be knowledge that puffs up or boasts in itself …to what if it is something else? Charity edifies: edification of the body? What if ‘what I tell you in darkness, speak in the light’ has more to do with: they won’t, they refuse, to come to the light that their deeds be made manifest?

quoting what you posted earlier for clarification. You commented: i might point out that an accuser has nothing on a confessor; when i am accused, and openly confess rather than deflect or otherwise obfuscate, the whole dynamic immediately changes? So i suggest that Peter was obfuscating,
31Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat.
“you are all still holding back, have dark corners, not being genuine”
“you are all full of it, and I am just not calling you out on your behavior/condemning you”
“an accuser would be dying to point out all of the tares in your wheat”
32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”
and when you have turned back?”
iow to Jesus, Peter already gone i guess

as the proceeding passage maybe even indicates,
“i would follow you to hell”
“negro, please, you are going to deny Me three times before morning”

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, “forgets the manner of man he once was?” guess i’ll hafta reread that one too, the sense i got was the man forgets what he just saw in the mirror? ill get back to you

i was going off memory and added the ‘once’ in the man he was. I don’t know why I’ve blended to two in the past thinking it was good to forget the manner of man he was. Like not focusing on the negative but instead forgetting it. But only an opinion on beholding his natural face…one he forgets and goes his way …has anything changed? Or has this man forgot the receiving or need of mercy, in return not giving of mercy? No sincerity. No gratitude. For example the parable where the man grips the other by the throat and insists ‘pay me what you owe me!’ Or by forgetting his natural face and going his way…now he can justify “thank God I’m not like man over there.”

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what i observe of you is you have a hard time digesting and receiving Spiritual things.
This is purely your own negative opinion, if it's even that.

At worst, this is maligning someone who challenges some of your view.

At best, this is freely divulging your own negative opinions of others, formed from your preceptions, based on your interpretations of things I've written.

In a practical sense, I think this is your way of not having to deal with inconvenient passages of Scripture, and the lack of Scriptures which say the things you say.

Whether you think of it this way or not, typically this sort of ongoing behavior on a forum is a sign of what's happening inside.

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
can’t or refuse…I wonder?
well, speaking for myself, either one might apply

Going from ‘hidden truths’ or ‘gems’ being said to be knowledge that puffs up or boasts in itself …to what if it is something else?
ha, not sure if im on the same wavelength here, but imo it is pertinent to remember that we are trying to “learn” what little kids already know :)

What if ‘what I tell you in darkness, speak in the light’ has more to do with: they won’t, they refuse, to come to the light that their deeds be made manifest?
those strike me as two diff concepts, doesnt mean they are though; might be a fab connection, i always pondered the meaning of what I tell you in darkness, maybe thats it?

quoting what you posted earlier for clarification
which you did quote, but no clarifying question that i can find

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, not sure why a runner from the truth would mind you of “forerunner” here, strikes me as a…channel change :)

why ‘runner from the truth’
Reminds of ‘forerunner’
I’m not saying they are similar and that is why it reminds but again,
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

And continues therein…not offended, not running away from? What is offensive? But ‘continuing therein’, not turning away from, possibly? Not Turn a back to? Or again ‘nope that is offensive and would cause loss (of an image?) so I reject hearing of it’? Where He said to them “will you turn away” “will you go away also” offended?
funny you say this…my current working def of “truth” is “that thing that you can’t hear” :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ill hafta reread that one a couple times i guess vij, may be able to reply later

At best, this is freely divulging your own negative opinions of others, formed from your preceptions, based on your interpretations of things I've written.

In a practical sense, I think this is your way of not having to deal with inconvenient passages of Scripture, and the lack of Scriptures which say the things you say.

Whether you think of it this way or not, typically this sort of ongoing behavior on a forum is a sign of what's happening inside.

Much love!
its feed my sheep for a good reason i guess :D

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we/they? guess ill hafta reread that one

This is a reference to the letter to the Laodiceans (Revelation 3:14-21)

we’re tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!

It is more like the manna of the Spirit, versus the carnal meat of Man, where deception comes from "let no man deceive you", "I am of Paul, I am of Apollus.... are ye yet not carnal" (1 Corinthians 3:1-4), "doctrines and cunning craftiness of men" (Ephesians 4:14)

could you tag me in that, couldnt find it, ty

I think you are referring to comment 469? the question was answered, but he did not like the answer.... When we are Holy Spirit Led and taught, deception is not an issue. Consider the verses i posted from 1 John 2 in #473.... There is the unction of the Holy Spirit that all believers have, but many fail to rely on and instead rely on the carnal mind for their "discernment", which is the difference between those who are able to digest meat and those who are not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ill hafta reread that one a couple times i guess vij, may be able to reply later
its feed my sheep for a good reason i guess :D

"Let no corrupt word out of your mouth go forth, but what is good unto the needful building up, that it may give grace to the hearers."

I'm certain I don't fulfill this all the time, but it is my desire.

Much love!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why ‘runner from the truth’
Reminds of ‘forerunner’
I’m not saying they are similar and that is why it reminds but again,
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

And continues therein…not offended, not running away from? What is offensive? But ‘continuing therein’, not turning away from, possibly? Not Turn a back to? Or again ‘nope that is offensive and would cause loss (of an image?) so I reject hearing of it’? Where He said to them “will you turn away” “will you go away also” offended?

@bbyrd009 @amadeus posted some time back about the burning bush …crazy maybe but is it like the Lord speaks out of: the perfect law of Liberty? “by reason of their taskmasters; For I know their sorrows”
Hebrews 4:15-16
Exodus 3:3-7 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. [4] And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I. [5] And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground. [6] Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. [7] And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

maybe, maybe not…it just seems to connect.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is an observation from what you post on here, nothing more. You are always asking for proof for the carnal mind, rather than testing the spirits to see if they are of God.... (1 John 4:1-6). You see we are told to reject the false spirits that deceive, but we are also told to receive and hear what the Spirit says to the churches.... some just like to not listen to the Spirit.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19086_786ee188b19074ee27158bb31382691b.jpeg

"we're not worthy..." What is being pointed to here is not man worship, AKA Nicolaitanism, But rather God Worship....

You see the Laodicean mindset goes hand in hand with the Nicolaitan desire to lord over the sheep.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he said, Draw not nigh hither

before I forget o_O what was said to Moses…concerning the burning bush…draw not near here.

but then the good news? in ‘having received grace’ … “continue therein” instead of turned away, Having a high priest ‘Let us therefore come (an invitation?) to ‘draw near’

remember Moses ..draw not near here going on to Let us draw near with reassurance? Hebrews 10:22-23; let us come boldly (with assurance) unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need’ Hebrews 4:16

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are always asking for proof for the carnal mind,

Rather, I'm comparing with Scritpure, and finding some things wanting.

I'm all about the Bible. If the Bible teaches something, that's what I will teach. And if not, then not.

In this statement here, "You are always asking for proof for the carnal mind." On what basis do you claim to know this? You are just doubling down on your negative opinions, and the longer you do this, the less innocent it seems.

OK, this is getting diverted again to "arguments against persons", and I'm not here to give personal responses to personal comments.

I'm here to discuss the Bible, and God, and the Christian life.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, I'm comparing with Scritpure, and finding some things wanting.

I'm all about the Bible. If the Bible teaches something, that's what I will teach. And if not, then not.

In this statement here, "You are always asking for proof for the carnal mind." On what basis do you claim to know this? You are just doubling down on your negative opinions, and the longer you do this, the less innocent it seems.

OK, this is getting diverted again to "arguments against persons", and I'm not here to give personal responses to personal comments.

I'm here to discuss the Bible, and God, and the Christian life.

1f436b28ee0a1ed631c206edd6457105.jpg

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm comparing with Scripture, and finding some things wanting.

That you want to twist that into something it's not . . . yeah, I get that.

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm comparing with Scritpure, and finding some things wanting.

That you want to twist that into something it's not . . . yeah, I get that.

What you are prescribing above is Textualism, a version of Christianity that closes the door to divine revelation and locks Jesus out of the church. Can you not see this. What I am proposing is the solution to this which is Holy Spirit led and taught Christianity, which open the door to divine revelation (The meat of the word), and opens the door to Jesus. That is how the early church was. This is not about you "agreeing" with me, or one upmanship on my part, but rather placing Christ Jesus as the head and the Spirit of Truth as the one Speaking to us and teaching us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus as the head and the Spirit of Truth as the one Speaking to us and teaching us.

Exactly, and not someone's flights of fancy.

And the way to detemine what is the Biblical teaching, and what is someone's personal teaching, that flight of fancy that comes from themself, is to compare their teaching with Scripture. Either it's there, or it's not. And if it's not, it's not Scriptural.

For some, and me personally, I have found the best way, when the Scriptures show that our ideas are not supported, we drop them, and go on to maturity.

Others will hold on to their ideas, even though they are not Scriptural.

I've often seen this sort of response when someone is shown Scripture which refutes their view, or when they are unable to support their assertions with Scripture, the claim is made, "It's there, you just can't see it." "Well, it says this, but what it really means is that, and if you were spiritual, you'd know it."

That game can be played all day long, and I find it pointless, useless, and generally false, as it's presented as foundation because real foundation is lacking.

Those who have Christian maturity do not need to give their negative opinions of others to share Biblical teachings.

What an incredible example this thread is, of "milk", and "meat"!

Much love!

Last edited: