"Milk" is Doctrine, "Meat" is.....?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Yup, That is the root of the problem. self deception, The Laodicean problem.
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked (Revelation 3:17)
so iow no offense but we are not really even having a “conversation”

Reactions: marks

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Am pulling the "conversation" back on topic, Milk to meat, what it is that prevents this, and when we finally move from milk to meat.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That your mind is unable to grasp what the Spirit is saying to the churches....that reliance on your intellect is the root of self deception.

That's what I thought. Thank you for your clarity. I much prefer clear statements over innuendo.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Self deception is such that it prevents Spiritual growth, by saying we have everything we need and are prospering all the while they are blind and naked and poor. It is the problem of this Laodicean church age, and the root of this is the carnal mind of man which cannot receive Spiritual things.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I thought. Thank you for your clarity.

I Lived for twenty years being self deceived and not growing Spiritually, It can happen to any of us. My mind was complacent thinking I have all i need. That is twenty year of not digesting the Spiritual meat, and just suckling on the doctrine that tells you that you need nothing.... but we need that meat.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Lived for twenty years being self deceived and not growing Spiritually, It can happen to any of us. My mind was complacent thinking I have all i need. That is twenty year of not digesting the Spiritual meat, and just suckling on the doctrine that tells you that you need nothing.... but we need that meat.

Try to remember that people are different, and that the course of your life does not actually define other people's lives.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying, The more you think you are not deceived means it's more likely you are, well,

@David H.

Have you been deceived by false teaching? How certain are you?

Much love!

the difference is the Good ground that is able to receive the teaching of the Holy Ghost versus the hardened heart and mind that is unable to do so. This is the meaning of 1 Corinthians 2:15 when you understand it right.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try to remember that people are different, and that the course of your life does not actually define other people's lives.

True, but there are big things that unite humanity as well, and we are all prone to the same temptations and misunderstandings and deceptions...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but there are big things that unite humanity as well, and we are all prone to the same temptations and misunderstandings and deceptions...
Just the same, assuming everyone follows the same path as you do is overgeneralization and projection, and won't give you accurate results. And assuming God has only one way that He works is equally mistaken, I think!

And assuming He hasn't worked in me is also speaking outside what you know.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the difference is the Good ground that is able to receive the teaching of the Holy Ghost versus the hardened heart and mind that is unable to do so. This is the meaning of 1 Corinthians 2:15 when you understand it right.
You didn't answer my questions.

Are you deceived by bad teaching? How certain are you?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the same, assuming everyone follows the same path as you do is overgeneralization and projection, and won't give you accurate results. And assuming God has only one way that He works is equally mistaken, I think!

And assuming He hasn't worked in me is also speaking outside what you know.

I am not assuming everyone follows the same path as i do, But we all face similar obstacles on our Spiritual journey, This comes from years of fellowship and interaction with with elders of the faith who I look up to and have been an inspiration on my own Journey.... This is the path to sainthood that I have been speaking to you about, and we all who are born again are on that same journey.

I Am not assuming he is not working in you, Never have I questioned that.... what i observe of you is you have a hard time digesting and receiving Spiritual things.

You didn't answer my questions.

Are you deceived by bad teaching? How certain are you?

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

I Did answer your question you just do not understand and/or like the answer.

Have I been deceived? Yes, Each time the Holy Spirit exposes a deception I have been under I grow Spiritually, and am aware that I could be deceived at any time by someone or something. It is the Holy Spirit that exposes these things, as we walk in the Spirit. But if we have the mindset that we are right and have everything understood completely then we will never learn as we have hardened our heart and mind to the teaching of the Holy Ghost. Just like the Laodicean church....

From my experience, I can tell you this, When we stop listening to the Holy Ghost, and quench the Spirit, that deception will weave its way into your life quite readily, and puff you up with thinking you are right. Also when you are walking rightly with the Spirit He is revealing deceptions daily that have influenced you and need correcting.

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth......
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. ( 1 John 2:20-21, 1 John 2:26-27)

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we overcome?

Much love!

1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. This term “overcome” is peculiarly John’s, adopted from his loved Lord. It occurs sixteen times in the Apocalypse, six times in the First Epistle, only thrice in the rest of the New Testament. In order to overcome the world on the ground, and in the strength, of the blood of the Savior, we must be willing, like Christ, to part with whatever of the world belongs to us: whence immediately after “ye have overcome the wicked one — who, as “prince of this world,” enthralls “the world” (1Jn 2:15-17; 1Jn 5:19, Greek, “the wicked one”), especially the young. Christ came to destroy this “prince of the world.” Believers achieve the first grand conquest over him when they pass from darkness to light, but afterwards they need to maintain a continual keeping of themselves from his assaults, looking to God by whom alone they are kept safe.

JF&B commentary

Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well i was struggling to characterize someone running from the truth, more like

understand running from the truth. I probably do it every single day. But then again, to run from a thing like truth…then doesn’t that mean there is a such thing as truth; in truth being ran away from?

To be clearer I’m not meaning truth theologically but an example is that mirror where He said one looks into it and forgets the manner of man he once was, and goes his own way …deceiving and being deceived?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well i was struggling to characterize someone running from the truth, more like

breaking up the post on ‘runner’ because I get long-winded. You mentioned running from the truth as ‘runner’ but (right or wrong) that makes me think of, yes, forerunner. With the mention in the word of not running in vain… to not run empty and pointlessly? I am sorry for all the quotes but this morning just focusing on “Hope” has helped. Point is, all the quotes are not meant to assert but only I really needed the reminder this morning. There is a parable about a son coming to a Father and saying “I have a friend coming in after a long journey(weary and tired?). I have nothing to set before him. Can you lend me bread?” Consider this with “it was for the Joy set before Him that He endured”

same with “Hope” set before “a better Hope” …is it a real Hope or a sketchy hope? In it is impossible for God to lie? While here on a thread debating deception or to be deceived, how significant is ‘it is impossible for God to lie’?

Hebrews 6:17: In the same way God, desiring even more to show (reveal?)to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath,

Hebrews 6:18: so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

Impossible for God to lie. (Correction: by two unchangeable things)In the same way God, desiring even more to show (reveal?)to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose,…

Take hold of the Hope set before us.
With the parable of having nothing to set before a friend in from a long journey. Yet the word says to be prepared to give an answer for your Hope? (Is this an deceitful saying, with hidden meanings to trick…this Hope spoken of in: according to the power of (God) an indestructible life. (A better Hope): God desiring even more to show (reveal? Make manifest?)the unchangeableness of His purpose?

Hebrews 6:19: This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,
This Hope as an anchor, both sure and steadfast …

Hebrews 6:20: where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Where Jesus Christ as a forerunner has entered in (not in vain, for if He has not risen from the dead then our Hope is in vain?) for us, becoming high priest.

Hebrews 7:4: Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.
(1 Corinthians 15:20)

Hebrews 7:15: And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
(Made in the likeness of men?)

Hebrews 7:16 : who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.

Not on the basis of a law of physical requirement (because of its weakness and uncleanness)

But according to the power of (God) an indestructible life. (A better Hope)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Saying, The more you think you are not deceived means it's more likely you are, well,

@David H.

Have you been deceived by false teaching? How certain are you?
i think the illustration of “meat” went to a whole nother level here, ty all :D
How do we overcome?
mentally gears one up for quite the battle, huh? lol
Scripture is pure gold innit? where else could yielding be characterized as “overcoming?”
That's what I thought. Thank you for your clarity. I much prefer clear statements over innuendo
iron sharpens iron eh
lol

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
saying we have everything we need and are prospering all the while they are blind and naked and poor.
we/they? guess ill hafta reread that one
we’re tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!
I Did answer your question
could you tag me in that, couldnt find it, ty

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
1Jn 2:14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. This term “overcome” is peculiarly John’s, adopted from his loved Lord. It occurs sixteen times in the Apocalypse, six times in the First Epistle, only thrice in the rest of the New Testament. In order to overcome the world on the ground, and in the strength, of the blood of the Savior, we must be willing, like Christ, to part with whatever of the world belongs to us: whence immediately after “ye have overcome the wicked one — who, as “prince of this world,” enthralls “the world” (1Jn 2:15-17; 1Jn 5:19, Greek, “the wicked one”), especially the young. Christ came to destroy this “prince of the world.” Believers achieve the first grand conquest over him when they pass from darkness to light, but afterwards they need to maintain a continual keeping of themselves from his assaults, looking to God by whom alone they are kept safe.

JF&B commentary
gnostics can be right too though huh?
I’m assuming the middle paragraph is from the commentary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
understand running from the truth. I probably do it every single day. But then again, to run from a thing like truth…then doesn’t that mean there is a such thing as truth; in truth being ran away from?
funny you say this…my current working def of “truth” is “that thing that you can’t hear” :)

one looks into it and forgets the manner of man he once was, and goes his own way …deceiving and being deceived?
hmm, “forgets the manner of man he once was?” guess i’ll hafta reread that one too, the sense i got was the man forgets what he just saw in the mirror? ill get back to you
how significant is ‘it is impossible for God to lie’?
imo it is both significant and subjective, relative, since one might easily “not hear” Yah’s Truth?

Hebrews 6:17: In the same way God, desiring even more to show (reveal?)to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose, interposed with an oath,

Hebrews 6:18: so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

Impossible for God to lie. (Correction: by two unchangeable things)In the same way God, desiring even more to show (reveal?)to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of His purpose,…

Take hold of the Hope set before us.
With the parable of having nothing to set before a friend in from a long journey
you are a ranger vij, and tbh i miss a lot of the connections you make, but that parable is very timely here imo, although i now gotta figure out why it was not meat that he had none to set before him…still kinda makes sense though

Yet the word says to be prepared to give an answer for your Hope? (Is this an deceitful saying, with hidden meanings to trick
im not sure that it is deceitful, so much as we dont register every word, and we start giving answers to all and sundry rather than to everyone who asks you?

Hebrews 6:20: where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Where Jesus Christ as a forerunner has entered in (not in vain, for if He has not risen from the dead then our Hope is in vain?) for us, becoming high priest.

Hebrews 7:4: Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.
(1 Corinthians 15:20)

Hebrews 7:15: And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
(Made in the likeness of men?)

Hebrews 7:16 : who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.

Not on the basis of a law of physical requirement (because of its weakness and uncleanness)

But according to the power of (God) an indestructible life. (A better Hope)
so, not sure why a runner from the truth would mind you of “forerunner” here, strikes me as a…channel change :)

Last edited: