Miracle At My Church - 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some months ago I was blessed to report a miracle at my church. Miracle At My Church I am blessed to report another miracle.

My church has been led by the same family for 4 decades. Now, the 2nd generation has taken over. The youngest son is the lead Pastor. The daughter is the Executive Director. A 3rd son is not in the family business as they say. This 3rd son was in Lodi, Ohio watching a basketball game a last weekend with his in-laws.

During the game his FIL collapsed from his seat on the bleachers and fell to the ground. As people rushed to him, he got up and sat down on his own accord, waving people off, a bit embarrassed as people kept going toward him to check on him.

You can imagine how disturbing it was for everyone to see a spectator collapse on the ground. You have to admit it is not an every day occurrence.

As soon as he sat down after waving people off and relaxed, his head went back, his eyes rolled back. He was unconscious and fell on the ground again, completely unresponsive.

They administered CPR until the paramedics arrived. Remaining unresponsive, the EMT's exercised their protocol of administering CPR. Putting him on the gurney, everyone in the basketball court could see he was dead. The game was canceled and you could hear a pin drop as everyone left.

Having children, the family focused on distracting the kids and keeping them calm. The 3rd son was just waiting for the inevitable call from the ER doctor, they did everything they could, blah blah blah, then confirming what everyone already knew, that the FIL was dead.

The call came, confirming the FIL was dead for 10-15 minutes. The doctor went on to say that he could not explain it but the FIL was resuscitated, still in ICU but stable. A week later he is not even in the hospital and has resumed his normal life. Praise God!

not good enough
We require full medical history!
Before during and after!
The miraculous cures recorded at Lourdes France are fully documented by medical doctors
Showing a healthy man before an accident then medical records after the accident then medical evidence (X-rays) etc after the miracle!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sorry for your loss AJ. I pray the Holy Spirit will comfort you and yours.
Thank you....and I am sorry for derailing your thread...I didn’t realise what forum it was in....:doldrums:

It is an interesting topic nonetheless.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you....and I am sorry for derailing your thread...I didn’t realise what forum it was in....:doldrums:

It is an interesting topic nonetheless.
So, tell me about your loss? How long did you know him? In what capacity did you know him? How did he impact your life?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s wonderful that the man you spoke of, survived....but more a miracle of medicine than a miracle of God I would think.
Many people are brought into the ER who are not expected to pull through...but they do, despite the odds. Although the word “miracle” might be used, I have grave doubts that God is involved. Many Christians pray for miracles that never happen.....what do you tell them?

I’ve heard of people going into the hospital for something minor…only to find by a scan something major they didn’t know was there. Where finding it soon enough saved their life because it could be treated, before it progressed. Personally I see that as a miracle? One I remember was a ladies home I used to clean. Her son was hit in the head at a game and had a concussion. When the doctors did a scan they found a tumor.

What is wrong with thanking God?
Personally I think we need to acknowledge more miracles. For example a restored relationship between two people who despised one another. (Not a miracle?) A kind smile. A beautiful day. Rest. …that right person being in the right place at the right time; when someone is needed. Could use more acknowledgment of those, thanking God. I’ve heard elderly people thank God for: “still breathing”. Are those not miracles? No divine intervention?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, tell me about your loss? How long did you know him? In what capacity did you know him? How did he impact your life?
His name was David and his father was an elder in my first congregation, 50 years ago. I was in that congregation for 20 years and I had known David since he was a youngster. His Father was an elder and David too became an elder after he was married. (We have a body of elders to shepherd the flock, unlike the churches who may only have one pastor) We have no paid clergy.
He and his wife had two children after we moved away from the city to the country, and each of them later married.

A couple of years ago David's father passed away and then his younger brother was diagnosed with brain cancer....after losing his brother, David himself was diagnosed with a very similar form of brain cancer just two weeks later, which was very aggressive. He was gone within months....leaving his already grieving family devastated.

David was a wonderful husband and a great Dad to his children...the hole left in the family will be filled when God's Kingdom takes over the rulership of the world, (Revelation 21:2-4) and Jesus and his angelic forces will cleanse the earth of all wickedness.

JW's are like a large family, when you move to another location, you just meet more brothers and sisters, but you never lose touch with the family you already have. The love is there and it is genuine....our spiritual family is large and we haven't met the majority of them yet...but we will in the future when there will be nothing to rob us of the enjoyment of life....no suffering, sickness or death.

The only thing that relieves the pain of such losses for us is the hope of the resurrection. A time of beautiful reunions for families and lost loved ones, when they will never have to be separated again. God's first purpose will be re-established and then all can go back to the way it was meant to be at the outset....everlasting life in paradise on earth.......Jesus' sacrifice has guaranteed it.

David was a very much loved shepherd and he will be sadly missed.

Reactions: Wrangler

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I’ve heard of people going into the hospital for something minor…only to find by a scan something major they didn’t know was there. Where finding it soon enough saved their life because it could be treated, before it progressed. Personally I see that as a miracle? One I remember was a ladies home I used to clean. Her son was hit in the head at a game and had a concussion. When the doctors did a scan they found a tumor.

What is wrong with thanking God?
Personally I think we need to acknowledge more miracles. For example a restored relationship between two people who despised one another. (Not a miracle?) A kind smile. A beautiful day. Rest. …that right person being in the right place at the right time; when someone is needed. Could use more acknowledgment of those, thanking God. I’ve heard elderly people thank God for: “still breathing”. Are those not miracles? No divine intervention?
There are miracles and there are miracles......life itself is a miracle and all that we have to enjoy in this life is a precious gift....but the "miracles" are often just coincidences that we can be grateful for....I have had many myself.....and thanked God that they took place. It doesn't mean that God caused it to happen, because the opposite can also be true.....if we thank God for the good things, then we must also blame him for the times when it doesn't turn out so well. :smlhmm:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the "miracles" are often just coincidences

A Baptist told me we, Christians, don't believe in serendipity, in mere coincidences. We call it Providence.

that we can be grateful for....I have had many myself.....and thanked God that they took place. It doesn't mean that God caused it to happen, because the opposite can also be true.....if we thank God for the good things, then we must also blame him for the times when it doesn't turn out so well.

As well we should IF we were of an arrogant mind set to blame God for his exercise of divine sovereignty. You cannot be the Creator of all things but then rationalize an escape for the bad.

The esteemed John MacArthur said in a sermon I watched a few months ago that modern society wants to take God off the hook. He added God does not mind being on the hook. God said as much.

I make light and create darkness.
I make blessings and create disasters.
I, Yahweh, do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 NOG

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ the same yesterday today and forever . Let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .
But always remember that their are those who can perform miracles , yet they are wicked .
As we see in the book of exodus , as we see in simeon and as we are warned
the FP and his men will seduce the world by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast .
THE GIFTS of GOD are all still REAL and active within the Church .
BUT as the egyptians who worked miracles in the sight of EYGPT , so too can men seduce the peoples by such miracles .
We must Stand firm on biblical truth that none be deceived .
Let us take a look at deuteronmy chapter thirteen also .
IF a prophet or a dreamer o dreams does arise
and he gives thee a sign and that sign does come to pass
STILL do not follow HIM . FOR THE LORD thy GOD does PROVE THEE to SEE Whether YOU LOVE GOD with all your heart .
Remember . A . THE GIFTS IN CHURCH are STILL VALID
B . Dont be allured into following men cause they can perform such miracles , FOR many decievers have done so through all ages .
WE gotta KNOW the LORD . KNOW the doctrine in that bible . And follow the SPIRIT , learning the biblical pattern well

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Test all against biblical sound doctrine .
For many decievers abound and through subtility and shows are leading the simple right into the great lie that shall
take captive their soul and their end is perdition .
The gifts are all still HERE and available today . But also be on gaurd for many
can through craftiness and shows and some miracles , LEAD FOLKS ASTRAY . WE MUST LOVE THE LORD above all
and That means WE LOVE EVERY WORD OF HIS TRUTH . NOW hit those trenches
we are in an all out war for the souls of men . POINT to CHRIST and all biblical sound doctrine .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Baptist told me we, Christians, don't believe in serendipity, in mere coincidences. We call it Providence.

As well we should IF we were of an arrogant mind set to blame God for his exercise of divine sovereignty. You cannot be the Creator of all things but then rationalize an escape for the bad.

The esteemed John MacArthur said in a sermon I watched a few months ago that modern society wants to take God off the hook. He added God does not mind being on the hook. God said as much.

I make light and create darkness.
I make blessings and create disasters.
I, Yahweh, do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 NOG
Remember JOB . WHEN JOB had lost his family and his wealth , HE Said the GOOD LORD giveth and the Good Lord taketh away
blessed be the LORD .
That is right . We have all hope in the LORD .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some months ago I was blessed to report a miracle at my church. Miracle At My Church I am blessed to report another miracle.

My church has been led by the same family for 4 decades. Now, the 2nd generation has taken over. The youngest son is the lead Pastor. The daughter is the Executive Director. A 3rd son is not in the family business as they say. This 3rd son was in Lodi, Ohio watching a basketball game a last weekend with his in-laws.

During the game his FIL collapsed from his seat on the bleachers and fell to the ground. As people rushed to him, he got up and sat down on his own accord, waving people off, a bit embarrassed as people kept going toward him to check on him.

You can imagine how disturbing it was for everyone to see a spectator collapse on the ground. You have to admit it is not an every day occurrence.

As soon as he sat down after waving people off and relaxed, his head went back, his eyes rolled back. He was unconscious and fell on the ground again, completely unresponsive.

They administered CPR until the paramedics arrived. Remaining unresponsive, the EMT's exercised their protocol of administering CPR. Putting him on the gurney, everyone in the basketball court could see he was dead. The game was canceled and you could hear a pin drop as everyone left.

Having children, the family focused on distracting the kids and keeping them calm. The 3rd son was just waiting for the inevitable call from the ER doctor, they did everything they could, blah blah blah, then confirming what everyone already knew, that the FIL was dead.

The call came, confirming the FIL was dead for 10-15 minutes. The doctor went on to say that he could not explain it but the FIL was resuscitated, still in ICU but stable. A week later he is not even in the hospital and has resumed his normal life. Praise God!
Praise God. Glad to hear he is doing well.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear AJ, you want answers. This is your Achilles Heel, your idol of knowledge shows itself again. The Bible teaches faith over knowledge time and again. You don't want to hear this.

From today's Devotional Reading:
12 Now all we can see of God
is like a cloudy picture
in a mirror.
Later we will see him
face to face.
We don't know everything,
but then we will,
just as God completely
understands us.
13 For now there are faith,

hope, and love.
But of these three,
the greatest is love.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13 (CEV)

Notice that knowledge does not even make it to the top 3?

Although I do not have THE answer to your question, my answer is that God loves us regardless. Regardless of Daniel being eaten by lions or burned alive; regardless of passing the bitter cup from Jesus, regardless of letting Peter escape jail but let Paul be beheaded. Regardless of bringing back Lazarus but not David's infant son. Have faith in his loving Providence.
God heals who he chooses. He healed many through Paul, but Paul couldn't heal his friend
Trophimus

Reactions: Wrangler