Miracles and certain spiritual gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
G

God does not change with time.He is the same yesterday,today and Forever.Miracle dont happen these days because Preacher shifted to Gospel of Prosperity,Mojority dont even pray and Fast.Much Prayers,Fasting,Faith and Knowledge of the word of God Required for Miracles to occur.
Your God is too small brother. Tell me, how much praying, fasting, and faith did the woman who touched the hem of his garment have? How much knowledge of the word of God did she have?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wisdom from the past.....
“ Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Tact: the ability to describe others as they see themselves.-Abraham Lincoln
I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.-Abraham Lincoln

View attachment 9215
images

I think it's noteworthy that the Almighty didn't act high and mighty. The Holy One wasn't holier-than-thou. The One who knew it all wasn't a know-it-all. The One who made the stars didn't keep his head in them. The One who owns all the stuff of earth never strutted it.
Max Lucado

Diplomacy: Telling someone to go to hell so that they enjoy it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may be wrong but I don't think so but I am on another discussion board and they are quite different from this one. If you so much as say one word wrong they come down on you like a ton of bricks. Even colloquialisms are forbidden and you are certainly not allowed to tell the truth if the words you use are down to earth.
It sounds like a forum I would not want to join. While they may describe it as a forum it certainly does not sound very open to learning from God. Of course, I am certain that the owners and/or leaders and/or moderators believe that learning is possible. What I see from your description someone who had decided what the truth was and therefore blocked anything else coming in... The problem is that they also, as I see it, block God Himself. Can people that? Not really, but they try very hard while often calling it something else! You seemingly learned something there that they probably did not intend to teach.

They deleted one of my posts because it showed a picture of a dismembered baby as a result of abortion. They said it was aggressive and insulting.

In dialogue with them, I realized they were reformed people who ran the Board. No grace of any kind. The rule of law was the be-all and end-all of their existence. When they threw me off a couple of years ago I asked them about the scripture of being forgiven 70 x 7 and asked if they believed that. They said yes but you are still being banned. Apparently, because I challenged them and whatever the scripture says you are not allowed to challenge them in any shape or form even if you are right, because they are never wrong.
Well apparently they had the right to ban you, but this doesn't make it right in the eyes of God. Too many people who have less than all knowledge act as if they had it all, perhaps even believing they are helping or supporting God. God may indeed use people to accomplish His blessings or His curses, but He does not need our help and it would be, as I see it, presumptuous to act as if He did.

God has forgiven me many times over the years since I really met Jesus! Once I sat down and figured out that it had to be a lot more than the 490 times that simple mathematics might indicate. God has more mercy than that... being more forgiving than we can know, but there is a limit. The limit for each of us I believe is combined with the amount of time we have here in the lump of flesh and what we have been doing with all that He has given us.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you do a little more research about the Charismatic movement in general and not just a small part of it that is heretical.

It seems to me that "police" used to enforce laws, but today they're an organized gang (Thin-Blue-Line) which protects each other from being held accountable for their criminal acts. And human nature being human nature, these thing have always occurred, but not in the scale where the Directors of the FBI, CIA, etc. should receive the Death Penalty for TREASON.

And so too the church, where the "priests"/"pastors" have used their religiosity for personal gain (pride, greed, etc.), but not in the scale where the greater propensity is "self" rather than the "flock". -- And we've paved that path by our own laziness:

1 Cor. 14:26 What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

We'd rather pay someone else to think, do, and "receive" for us, rather than strengthen ourselves to carry our own armor and receive from GOD ourselves..

Bobby Jo

Reactions: bbyrd009

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today miracles occur in answer to prayers, not to prove that the Gospel is from God, and not to dazzle unbelievers either. For we walk by faith, not by sight. Christ said that the Jews always seek after a sign, but His resurrection (the sign of Jonah) would be the only sign to an unbelieving generation. Jesus also said regarding unbelieving Jews that they would not repent even though one rose from the dead. Which is true to this day.
I walk by faith and prophesy by faith in the power of the Holy Spirit. I’m very thankful to have this spiritual gift even though I didn’t ask for it. I have seen God use it in mighty ways to bless the body of Christ.

I believe that you are misinterpreting God’s Word. Right after Paul says that prophecy and tongues will cease, he tells the church to earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, but especially that we may prophesy (1 Cor 14).

I look forward to the day that these arguments between Christians will cease—that day when we know fully even as we are fully known! In the meantime, I’m not missing out on the spiritual gifts made available to us.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... prophecy and tongues will cease, ...

... IN HEAVEN, because we won't need them THERE. But we need them here, and so we have them here.

Don't believe the LIES from the pulpit. (The deny that which they don't have, because they're not sufficiently integrated with GOD.) -- Believe Scripture! :)
Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... IN HEAVEN, because we won't need them THERE. But we need them here, and so we have them here.

Don't believe the LIES from the pulpit. (The deny that which they don't have, because they're not sufficiently integrated with GOD.) -- Believe Scripture! :)
Bobby Jo

I'm NOT a cessationist and never have been one. I agree that the gifts of tongues and prophecy will not cease until either Jesus comes back or the Church is in heaven. I'm not sure which.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm NOT a cessationist and never have been one. I agree that the gifts of tongues and prophecy will not cease until either Jesus comes back or the Church is in heaven. I'm not sure which.

Doh! Rereading your post, I saw what I missed the first time! :)

Yeah, there's so many False Doctrines floating around and so many ears that need tickling, it's almost a rare occurrence when someone both Knows and Follows what GOD's Word says!

With MANY Blessings,
Bobby Jo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
Tongues will cease at the 2nd coming of Christ and when we see Jesus face to face for the Millennial.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since we won't need any of the spiritual gifts in Heaven, there is no need to continue promoting this fallacy. Paul -- by divine inspiration -- picked just three out of about 20 gifts and said that they would cease. Then he connected them to the completion of the Scriptures. And that is exactly what happened.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we won't need any of the spiritual gifts in Heaven, there is no need to continue promoting this fallacy. Paul -- by divine inspiration -- picked just three out of about 20 gifts and said that they would cease. Then he connected them to the completion of the Scriptures. And that is exactly what happened.

Will we need "teachers"? Probably so, for all those children who were murdered while still in the womb. "Pastors"? Probably so, for those same who missed the exhortation, nurturing, and council.

Or did you want these to grow without benefit of others?
Bobby Jo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we are not in heaven yet.

We need the gifts until Jesus returns in person.

You believe Harold Camping etc., that said the gifts vanished when the scriptures showed up(man eliminated God's gifts)?

That is your idea of heaven?

Oh, boy!