Miracles and certain spiritual gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my belief that God is not giving out the gift of miracles and spiritual gifts in these end times such as healing, tongues, etc.
I believe that since the early churches He has not given out the gift of miracles nor speaking with tongues.

It's really simple. The only reason God shew miracles unto His servants was to make them believe
in Him, so they could then put their trust and faith in Him.

The same goes for the miracles done through God's servants. All the miracles were done to make people believe
that God is who He says He is.

Miracles were done to make people believe in God.

The only reason the early church and disciples were given these powers was to establish the church, by making
people believe their testimonies of Jesus Christ. Miracles were an aid to get people to believe.

John 9:1-3
"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him,
saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered,
Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

We don't need miracles in these end times. There is so much evidence of wickedness and Satan's kingdom that it is
enough. Just look at the abundance of satanic occult symbols
everywhere. Those that seek the truth with all their heart and mind will find God,
or rather that God will lead them to Him.

It's that simple. God doesn't need miracles to prove to people that He is God, that the Bible is the truth.
He has other means to bring people to Him now.

If you see anyone doing "miracles" openly, I believe it is completely fake or done through demons.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my belief that God is not giving out the gift of miracles and spiritual gifts in these end times such as healing, tongues, etc.
I believe that since the early churches He has not given out the gift of miracles nor speaking with tongues.

It's really simple. The only reason God shew miracles unto His servants was to make them believe

The same goes for the miracles done through God's servants. All the miracles were done to make people believe

The only reason the early church and disciples were given these powers was to establish the church, by making
people believe their testimonies of Jesus Christ. Miracles were an aid to get people to believe.

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him,
saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered,
Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

We don't need miracles in these end times. There is so much evidence of wickedness and Satan's kingdom that it is
everywhere. Those that seek the truth with all their heart and mind will find God,

It's that simple. God doesn't need miracles to prove to people that He is God, that the Bible is the truth.

If you see anyone doing "miracles" openly, I believe it is completely fake or done through demons.

Look what Jesus said about the Old Covenant - the Law.

Matthew 5:18
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Jesus fulfilled the law and ended the Old Covenant. But notice, NOTHING ceased or changed during the Covenant. That is what we call the rules of covenant.

Now, here you are telling us that things in our New Covenant have ceased. No, dear. Not until we see Jesus face to face. 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Jesus started the Old Covenant with His finger, and ended it with His death. His resurrection started the New Covenant - the Spirit - and it will only end at His coming in glory.

So think again, and learn. Seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit and ALL He has for you. It will change your life.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look what Jesus said about the Old Covenant - the Law.

Matthew 5:18
For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Jesus fulfilled the law and ended the Old Covenant. But notice, NOTHING ceased or changed during the Covenant. That is what we call the rules of covenant.

Now, here you are telling us that things in our New Covenant have ceased. No, dear. Not until we see Jesus face to face. 1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Jesus started the Old Covenant with His finger, and ended it with His death. His resurrection started the New Covenant - the Spirit - and it will only end at His coming in glory.

So think again, and learn. Seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit and ALL He has for you. It will change your life.
Amen! Give God the glory! He is not finished with us yet!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So often people state that God is not giving gifts, healing, or whatever 'these days' , since Acts ...the thing is...God did not get the Memo! LOL :D

I have seen Him at work in my life and the life of so many others in my 55 years of walking with Him.

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been baptized by the Holy Ghost, and continue to be and will continue to be until judgement day when I will hopefully be made perfect (as can be). The baptism of the Spirit is the process of being born again which means to be transformed by God into a new moral life, one lived in strict obedience unto God's will. This has nothing to do with the fact God is not giving out the gifts of miracles such as speaking tongues or healing.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now why would Paul go around preaching to churches about the gifts of the Holy Spirit and about Faith to believe in miracles and about casting out demons unless he intended for them to receive them and operate in them.
Might as well remove Acts, Roman's, Corinthians, Ephesians, Hebrews, and others and most definitely Revelation.....
It is so unnecessary to teach something that wasn't intended to be carried out til the coming of Christ.
The NT should have just ended with Luke. ...and then it wouldn't be even considered.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been baptized by the Holy Ghost, and continue to be and will continue to be until judgement day when I will hopefully be made perfect (as can be). The baptism of the Spirit is the process of being born again which means to be transformed by God into a new moral life, one lived in strict obedience unto God's will. This has nothing to do with the fact God is not giving out the gifts of miracles such as speaking tongues or healing.

Whatever. Many believe as you do. It's your loss.
I wont argue the point, because- "a person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with just an opinion. "
This is your opinion , you are welcome to it.

Bless you. H.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont believe such miracles as raising the dead, tongues, miraculous healings (maybe on a personal level but not publicly) are being given as gifts since the early church and 12 apostles.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dont believe such miracles as raising the dead, tongues, miraculous healings (maybe on a personal level but not publicly) are being given as gifts since the early church and 12 apostles.

I think that you have already said that...twice now.
And I will say again...You are very welcome to your OPINION.

R

Rita

I can only speak from the prospective of what I have seen and know, and I certainly have witnessed speaking in tongues, by many ( even though it is not something I can do ). I have witnessed healing , and read many testimonies regarding it. The Holy Spirit can manifest in many ways through Gods people, pictures, visions, words of knowledge and encouragements .......I do believe that ‘ in the last days ‘ the Holy Spirit will be poured out and , as I believe ‘ the last days ‘ began in Jesus’s time... I do not believe the gifts simply stopped.
Jesus demonstrated all kinds of things within his ministry to reveal who he was ect, but it was at Pentecost that those gifts were passed on to his people.....
I think the gifts have always been there but different generations and cultures have focused on different things and there hasn’t always been the same level of freedom for the gifts to be openly embraced everywhere. Even within my own generation and church experience I have seen much fear towards the gifts, and also a desire from one generation to favour ‘ going back to respectful worship and a very Victorian way of serving the Lord ( Hell and brimstone kind of teaching ) .........
I think we are also warned about aligning something to Satan that is from God. I think it is sad to limit God and his power - personally I would have thought the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is actually needed more now because so many have turned away from God ............
Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend, I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976. I also received a gift of tongues from God. For many years now I have used this gift of tongues in my daily prayer life with God. It has made a difference to my walk with Him because He has been and is in it. You may disbelieve that, but this for me is something that God put into me and which I have tested with Him and by scriptural studies with others many times.

Your disbelief and logic won't change where I am at the moment... unless God is in the change. People can and do use the written scriptures to support a multitude of conflicting beliefs and doctrines. For every scripture you could post to support your belief, I could probably post another one on the other side. I won't do that with you because from experience of many years, I know that I cannot change anyone's made-up mind. Only God gives "the increase" if there is one to be given. He may use you to do that or He may use me, but when we decide definitely without possibility that only our way is God's Way, we have limited almighty God. He gave us that authority, but He wants us to learn Not to use it.

Even God will not force anyone to change. One of the things I try to do every morning in my communication with God is to open my heart, emptying myself of every belief I hold so that He may change it for me. Sometimes He has. Am I open enough? God knows!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...If you see anyone doing "miracles" openly, I believe it is completely fake or done through demons.
"And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
For he that is not against us is on our part." John 9:38-40

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So what covenant are you living in seeing as you obviously speak against the gifts of the Spirit of the New Covenant of the Holy Spirit? I speak in tongues and also heal.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A wicked and adulterous generation seeks a sign

We need that sign like we need air to breathe. But God doesn't always allow for it

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wicked and adulterous generation seeks a sign

We need that sign like we need air to breathe. But God doesn't always allow for it
Well this generation is wicked and adulterous, and they would not know a sign if their life depended on it.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you may be lying as what you say is contrary to what God has shown me is true.

Then you need to test the spirits you are listening to, because I have the word of God to stand on, also the Covenant. A lying spirit will tell you the word of God isn't true, and only you have the truth.

So when did the New Covenant of Christ end if you don't believe what is in it is for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T and Rita

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

You seem to be quite definite about that. You must have a reference somewhere in Paul's letters to say definitely that the spiritual gifts were to be temporary and were meant to cease after the Apostolic age. Are you prepared to say definitely, "This is what the Lord is saying to the church today: the spiritual gifts have ceased and any use of them now is totally fake and done through demons"? In other words, are you making this post in the Name of the Lord, or just in your own name?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And the actual Scriptural reference to support your opinion is....