Misconception Regarding Christ's Rule

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blankshot

Oct 5, 2012
We have the misconception that the Father and the Son will rule together but the bible denies this.

1 Corinthians 15:24 ESV Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.

1 Corinthians 15:27-28 ESV For "God has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "all things are put in subjection," it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him. (28) When all things are subjected to him, then the Son himself will also be subjected to him who put all things in subjection under him, that God may be all in all.

1 Corinthians 15:29 ESV Otherwise, what do people mean by being baptized on behalf of the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized on their behalf?

1 Corinthians 15:30-31 ESV Why are we in danger every hour? (31) I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day!

1 Corinthians 15:32 ESV What do I gain if, humanly speaking, I fought with beasts at Ephesus? If the dead are not raised, "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."

1 Corinthians 15:35-36 ESV But someone will ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?" (36) You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

1 Corinthians 15:37-38 ESV And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain. (38) But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.

1 Corinthians 15:39-40 ESV For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish. (40) There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.

and the glory of the earthly is of another.

Heavenly Glory And Earthly Glory?