Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good, even to our enemies. Only he can turn their hearts around. And a cold cup of water from time to time.

I noticed something I thought was odd pretty much through the entire bible not just the OT. They used to treat their enemies with honor. Nowadays they will stab you in the back. No honor. Not even facing off with them in the street like we see in the westerns. They'll do a drive by shooting on you. Where's any honor in that?

Don't shoot your enemies canteen. Just defend your self. If they had you pinned down in the house but you had field of fire which included the well....it became a standoff. They ask for water without being shot at? Would you let them get some water safely?

I would love to say yes I would. Fact is, I'm not sure if I would. It depends on the circumstances at the time. It would be a wonderful feeling to have a heart to give your enemy drink. What shall we say then? Lord help our unbelief.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much to say in the bible about lying in wait...

Psa 59:1
[[To the chief Musician, Altaschith, Michtam of David; when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.]] Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
Psa 59:2
Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
Psa 59:3
For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
Psa 59:4
They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
Psa 59:5
Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
Psa 59:6
They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
Psa 59:7
Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
Psa 59:8
But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
Psa 59:9
Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
Psa 59:10
The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
Psa 59:11
Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
Psa 59:12
For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
Psa 59:13
Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
Psa 59:14
And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
Psa 59:15
Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
Psa 59:16
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
Psa 59:17
Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

What shall we say then? Lord help our unbelief.
Vengence is mine saith the Lord. He will repay.

I believe in what goes around comes around. I've seen it happen many times.
It may not happen the way you believe it should or when it should, but God has a way of hitting them back where it hurts the most.
We may see the streets running rampant with crime and no justice in the streets.
But we have faith that God will make it right in the end.
Better than we ever could.

And it's not like we haven't been warned that these days would come.
It's now when we need to put on the armour of God and stand firm in his Word.
We can't lower ourselves to their standards no matter how justified we feel in ourselves.
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth only makes both guilty if we inflict harm on others as they do to us.

This is where faith and trust comes in big time. For while we see these things happening all around us, we believe that nothing is happening behind the scenes.
God knows and he sees, and when the time is right he will give them his justice.
We just need to have faith.

God is the great equalizer. In his way and in his timing.

I hear you.
Much Love
Hugs

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
F
My Dad has this girlfriend. For some reason she literally hates me. I haven't done anything or said anything to make her feel this way.
I believe it's a matter of jealousy, I don't know. All I know is almost 7 years ago I came to live on my father's property while he was living with her. No matter how nice, polite, calm and collective I was, her attitude towards me never changed.

I kept hearing give her another cup of cold water. I rather give her vinegar because she so bitter and hateful. But I kept hearing, give her another cup of cold water.
I understood the reference, I just didn't see how it would ever make a difference.

Last April Dad came to stay with me. He's getting on and so is she. He figured for her sake and not to be a burden on her, he would come and stay with me as I am younger and a little stronger. Also she is always going places like craft fairs and working at the pantry and going to lunch with her friends. Where I am more of a hermit and am home 24/7 most days of the year. Like 364 of them. lol
Dad is requiring 24/7 care now and he figured she should have her life while she still can.
So he came to stay with me, she got HIGHLY offended, accused him of abandoning her, and she didn't call once from April until December.

Early December Dad got sick and he was in the hospital. She just happened to call to tell him the insurance company wanted to talk to him.
I told her he was in the hospital. I gave her the number, the room number, and told he he would probably like to hear from her.
(What I wanted to say.... nevermind)

I kept hearing, she needs another cup of cold water.
Dad has been in and out of the hospital twice now since December. It looks like he will be going to rehab this monday or as soon as a bed becomes available for him.
In the meantime, I am getting daily calls from his girlfriend checking in with me to see how he is doing. The hospital won't give her any information because she isn't family and I asked them to keep it that way. She has a tendency to get your anxiety pumping and dad don't need that while he is recovering, so I though it best if I take the punches instead.

Everytime she calls I am polite, I give her as much information as I have to share. I sympathize with her concern.
Two nights ago we talked for over an hour on the phone. No blame games, no name calling, no accusations. It was somewhat pleasant and unexpected. Tonight when she called me to see how things were, she said thankyou before hanging up and to keep in touch with her.

I know this doesn't sound like much of a miracle to some, But I'll tell you what, that cup of water seems to be dousing out the fire in her.
If I hadn't listened to the Lord and been giving her vinegar, the battle would still be raging. Not in me, but in her.
And I don't like to see anyone suffer needlessly.

God is good, even to our enemies. Only he can turn their hearts around. And a cold cup of water from time to time.
:D

Praise God!
Hugs
FANTASTIC! That's awesome. You and God make a great team!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This!!!!!!!!!I think Karl quit reading because of the "Quad God" thing. God supposedly said it to him more than once, Quad God: God, Jesus, holy spirit, Bible. He has a problem with folks and their Bibles. And his way is the only one that doesn't stink, and you aint with the Lord, if you aint carrying on dialogue with him, and He is saything profound things to you like "Quod God", "Quod God". Here is Karl's quote:

Oh, purlease ! 2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. This is New Testament stuff too!Are you saying it doesn't apply to you?
How does God instruct us, according to 2 Tim 3:16?
Doesn't the Bible say somewhere not to add or subtract from the words of this Book? Didn't Jesus tell us to Search the scriptures, and that they are they which testify of him? (All scriptural)

Seriously. I would be taking a hard look at what I was hearing and writing down. It could be from another source. It must be tested against what the Bible says.

Isa 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because is no light in them."

First - I don't have a "a problem with folks and their Bibles"!!

In fact if you knew me or even talked to the Lord about me you would know that to be wrong!!

And it is amusing to come back this morning and read something like that because I just got back from shopping at the grocery store where He not only helped me choose what I got, but also had asked me to start a post in the testimony section about the Christian bookstore He has me open!! Indeed, even the first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible". So I am convinced by Him that He is going to have people get and read their Bibles!!

Therefore - who told you that I have "a problem with folks and their Bibles"???

You might want to test the spirits a bit more. Though I know that we all have that battle in us with those dark evil forces! And they lie to you!!

Of course by testifying that the first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible" I testified that He was not my Bible but the One who first asked me to read it. And thereby also testifying that we don't hear from Him 'though our Bible' as has been presented on this thread!!

Indeed, that misunderstanding is what this thread was all about - and FWI: He asked me to post it!! So if you think it is me that has a problem with His people saying they hear from Him through there Bibles, or me that has a problem with certain "folks and their Bibles" - you would be wrong again!!

He does not have a problem with people reading their Bibles!! Indeed the Lord our God had people write them!! Or as noted He ''Iinspired' the Scriptures to be written!!!

So the verse you quoted is correct, though you are wrong in some of your conclusions!!

That happens, and I understand and forgive people for making wrong conclusions. I have made many myself, but the Lord does not!!

Which is all the more reason for me to listen to Him more - and that would include actually listening to Him more about what you read in your Bible!! And of course, also about what to buy when you go to the store, right?

Your Bible is not going to tell you what to buy at the grocery store, or how best to do you job at work, and even what and when to post on this forum!!

Of course, I am not the Word of God - He is!! That is His name - "The Word of God"

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

But maybe you didn't get that REVELATION, while reading the book call Revelation??? Did you not read that book in your Bible, or were you just leaning on your own understanding when you read it???

So the Bible was inspired by God, but they are not Him! And yes, He say testifies about reading them, which I have explained over and over and over, but they are not Him!! Apparently you read where I quoted Jn 5:39,40. but you thought I didn't believe in what I quoted??

But I believe the Bible is right, and if you had that testimony in the Bible about Him, who is it you are so focus on the Bible/Scriptures, that you forgot to talk to Him about what I had written?

Oh, I have made that mistake also!!! And many times!!

Therefore I make my writing to others about actually seeking Him and listening to Him, and stop pretending obedience to Him when you didn't even hear from Him!!!

Now I have to go get started on that thread about the Christian bookstore He had me open, started