Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have denied that He is the I AM!!! They have made an idol out of there Bible!!

I have denied nothing. I even said that He talks to some people the way He talks to you. You have made Him a small God by restricting how He talks to others.

My Bible isn't my idol. I read it and I hear from Him through it. That is not making an idol out of the Bible.

May as well not respond to me since I am adding you to the ignore list with others who tell me how my relationship with God should be when they aren't the ones walking in my shoes with Him.

I am also abiding by this scripture which I read earlier this morning:

Proverbs 20:3

"It is honorable for a man to stop striving, since any fool can start a quarrel."

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say this, that is not a call that you get to make. You say that "I don't hear from the Lord" based on your own understanding.

I hear from the Lord by reading my Bible. Either you believe it or you don’t. That is how I hear the Lord. It is how I have always heard Him.

I get it - perhaps you will someday read the following and the Holy Spirit will get through to you?

Jn 5:39-41 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. “I do not receive glory from men;

Gal 3:8 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham.
The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU.

Abraham didn't hear God through the Scriptures because they had not yet been written then! So it is not through the Scriptures that we are saved!

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Jn 6:36 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Rev 3:20‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Is 28:12-13 ... but they would not listen. So the word of the LORD to them will be, “Order on order, order on order, Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,” That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

Is 30:21,22... He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

is 30: 8-10 Now go, write it on a tablet before them And inscribe it on a scroll,
That it may serve in the time to come As a witness forever.
For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen To the instruction of the LORD;
Who say to the seers, “You must not see visions”; And to the prophets, “You must not prophesy to us what is right,
Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions.

Ps 81:8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me!

Ps 81: 11,13 But My people did not listen to My voice, And Israel did not obey Me. “So I gave [them over to the stubbornness of their heart, To walk in their own devices. “Oh that My people would listen to Me, That Israel would walk in My ways!

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.

Duet 30:14 “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it.

Rom 10: 6-8 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Reading the above verses are not hearing from Him, but perhaps if a person read them and then actually sat down, sought Him, and reasoned with Him, they would realize that He does not speak through the Bible but through His Holy Spirit and then get explanations like:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

WHEN WE TALK TO GOD, GOD TALKS TO US……. WHEN WE LISTEN TO GOD, GOD LISTENS TO US!

THE BEST LISTENERS MAKE THE BEST TEACHERS.

TWO MEN WERE WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, ONE TRIPED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN’T SEE, THE OTHER DIDN’T BECAUSE HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

THERE ARE TWO MISTAKES YOU CAN MAKE; NOT TO BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS RIGHT, AND THE OTHERS IS TO NOT TO BELIEVE THE BIBLE.

UNDERSTANDING IS UNDERSTANDING I AM UNDERSTANDING! UNDERSTAND?

They say, “I KNOW, I KNOW, BUT WHO DO THEY KNOW?”

IT IS WRITTEN THAT THE FATHER SAID, ‘THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED, LISTEN TO HIM’. ….IT IS THE SAME COMMANDMENT AS ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART.’

LOVE IS NOT ALWAYS SOFT

GOD KNOWS BEST

WISDOM IS RICH

and perhaps what I like best and is what I hear most from Him is:

I LOVE YOU

The first time I heard Him tell me that, I was driving down a street by a church which I did not attend at the time and I did not have a Bible near me. It brought tears to my eyes. And He later had me go there and that part of the church where I was driving next to turned out to be the very place where He had me work in the healing ministry for five years. And I often now hear Him say, "Karl, I love you".. but it usually is not while I am reading my Bible. More likely it is while I am just walking and talking with Him. So how well does a person listen to Him if they only think they hear Him while reading their Bible? Is it me or them who does not understand? You know that Satan also says, it is written - so a religious spirit (which is an evil spirit that wants us to substitute the things of God for God) might very well try to convince a person that God only talks to them while reading their Bible. Will a person convinced of that seek the Lord through-out the day? Could they ever really get to know the Lord personally?

How can a person really get to know the Lord if they don't know Him and the Great I Am? Indeed, have they not even denied Him and being who His is by thinking that way?

Mat 7:23 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you;

He once asked me, "Karl, If someone comes up to you and asks for directions and you tell them the direction, does that mean you know them?

He is the Great I Am who said He will never leave you - do we know Him as that who He is?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People - all people who might read this:

Since God Himself can and wants to talk to us Today, and everyday called Today - and is Himself available to us personally at all times as the Great I Am who is standing there at the door just waiting for "anyone" to open up and talk to Him - would it not be wise to see what He has to say to us through out the day?

And let us be at least honest with ourselves: would it not even be stupid of us to not talk to Him through out the day??

Even if God decided to let everyone, regardless of what they believed, into heaven, would it still not be wise to listen to him Today and stupid to not do so???

Of course that is the case, and often I tell myself how stupid I was to not to talk to Him and this, that, and the other thing - and I do hear from Him a number of times each day! He is indeed there to talk to me, though I sometimes have a bit of trouble believing that. His response are not what I would think, because He is smarter, is in a better view point from heaven, and tends to think in longer points of view than I do, and because He is spirit and also because He knows everything at all times. But that is an advantage to me, even if I don't want to look at it that way, because I want what I want. Never-the-less, He loves His creation and wants to help!

So when I run across "Christians" who say things like God didn't talk to me today - is that not because they didn't want to hear Him. When they say the Bible is Him talking to them, is it not because they didn't want to hear Him about everything else in their life? And if that say I hear from Him enough, is that not because they also don't want to hear from Him more? All that is stupid, and that is what I think of myself when I don't listen to Him more. But I not so smart. I am only a person like the rest of us! So I am selfish, somewhat stubborn, and I have my issues. But that is all the more reason for me to seek Him and listen to Him - and what I find is that He is still willing to help me when I turn to Him.

So forget about the fact that we are saved by faith, and just think about the fact that He is smarter than you are and that is enough reason to be seeking Him more and listening to Him more!!! But if that is not enough of a reason to seek Him Today, then think about the fact that seeking Him by faith is going to get you to heaven forever, when you will know that He is always there to talk to all the time!! We should not be so completely stupid to not seek Him and listen to Him!! Or is it that we just don't actually believe in Him like we say we do???

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"BTW, I do know Him, because He speaks to me through the Bible. After all, HE speaks to us all in different ways. I haven't refused to do anything. Every time I get done responding to your post, I read my Bible. Because that is where I hear Him speak to me."
Excellent. They find God as their source of truth and life that endures forever. I am happy for them.

I guess I'd ask, are they happy that others like myself find God as our source of truth and life that endures forever and the means is NOT the bible at all?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent. They find God as their source of truth and life that endures forever. I am happy for them.

I guess I'd ask, are they happy that others like myself find God as our source of truth and life that endures forever and the means is NOT the bible at all?

I'm a Christian!!! And of course this is a Christian Forum.

So what does that mean to me, to be a Christian?

The Holy Spirit put it like this to me:

"CHRISTIANS MUST BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. WE DON’T BELIEVE THAT BECAUSE WE ARE CHRISITANS, BUT WE ARE CHRISTIANS BECAUSE WE BELIEVE THAT."

That means I have a Lord! He talks to me via His Holy Spirit! Does it talk to me through the Bible? No, but He does like to talk to me about the Bible. Indeed, the first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", and that came to me with power, and a vision of my Bible behind my time clock (when it should have been buried in a box in my garage because I hadn't seem it for probably a decade)

Now I bring this up, because many people have some type of god. There god could be a stone figure, or a wooden figure, or could be a god they never actually hear from. Their god could also be demonic spirits, whether they know it or not, and is probably the reason behind them deciding to look to an idol instead of the Christ, as the Word of God.

Also, we find that even the very best people, like John the Baptist, get blown around in the wind (the spiritual realm).

So if someone tells me that God talks to them through their Bible, as opposed to about their Bible, is that not like saying that God talks to them though their idol. Should they not have the testimony that Jesus Christ is their Lord and that they hear from Him personally, vis He Holy Spirit, so that He is their Lord?

If they are posting on this Christian Forum, they definitely should, right?

Now I understand that they get blown around in the wind, even the best of us! And was it not for that reason we are told to encourage one another everyday called Today to actually hear from the Lord via His Holy Spirit?

Heb 3:1 Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest of our confession;

Heb 3:7,8 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
“TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,
DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
AS IN THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

There is a spiritual principle that explains that sin is in us. So to keep us from hardening our hearts so that we don't seek our Lord Jesus Christ and not listening to Him Today, via His Holy Spirit, we are to encourage one another to listen to Him day after day, as long as it is still called "Today"!

So it is not all that surprising when day after day my Lord, through His Holy Spirit, has me again come and post on this Christian Forum and try to actually get His people, who are called by His name (Christians), to listen to Him!

He is not your Bible! He is One who will talk to you about your Bible, but Satan also said, "It is written". Indeed, it was Satan who even told Jesus to make bread out of those stones in the desert, right?

So what was written on those stones that Moses brought down the mountain in the desert, and how did Jesus Christ Himself reprove Satan? Did the Lord not say that man must live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God? He did, if we actually talk to Him about our Bibles and listen to Jesus Christ our Lord, we can get things in the Bible revealed to us!

I would venture to guess that most Christians do not to this day understand that little passage in the Bible. Satan was pointing to the stones written by God, that Moses brought down the mountain, the Law, and Jesus was responding by saying that all man, including Him at that moment, have to listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit at all times so that we can hear what proceeds out of His mouth and that moment! It was a basic conversation about whether we are to live by our understanding of the Law that God has or whether we are to live by walking and talking with the living and active Word of God at all time - hearing Him Today via His Holy Spirit.

And this is the basic conversation, whether people realize it or not, that is taking place on this thread!

Jesus Christ is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, and whose name is called the Word of God because He has the words of God, which His Father has given to Him, and which the Holy Spirit gets from Him - is not the only spirit who will talk to us, even about our Bible!!! There is also that snake of old, whose will try and deceive even us Christians, by saying make bread out of the sacred writing, as opposed to listening to every word that proceeds out of our Lord who also goes by the name I AM because He is always there to talk to us!!

So should I not listen to Him, and come to this Christian Forum and tell (encourage) people to listen to Him, as in preaching the Word of God like He has told me?

I take too long having to write, but that is because His people just don't want to seek Him and listen to Him. Instead they listen to that snake of old and don't even realize it. They then make idols, like the other nations. They even make an idol out of there Bible, which I believe was also discussed on this thread, And the get stubborn about this, telling themselves that if they run to the Bible and read it, that is the Lord speaking to them! And that is why the Lord even explained to me that He made my head as hard as their head, because they needed someone to keep reminding them that we are to live my every words that proceeds out of the mouth of God!!

And do we not know that "proceeds" is current tense?

The Bible has words that proceeded out of the mouth of God some thousands of years ago - past tense!! Jesus talks to us via His Holy Spirit Today!! And if a person does not understand the difference, who were they listening to?? Not Jesus Christ, but possibly that snake of Old??

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot of people who say they have God. The Buddhist, the Islamist, and of course the Christian. Yet do they know God. We want to think so, and we want to tell them they do - but do they?

At some Christian churches, we give people a wafer and seem to think that means the know the Lord our God. At some we ask those who want to receive God to come forward and accept the Lord, and we think that means the now know the Lord. Yet Jesus took on flesh and showed up in the middle of the Jews which we supposed to be His people, but except for a few they did not know Him.

So if we indeed read our Bibles, what did we really learn???

Did we not learn that people, even His chosen people, often think they know Him but they don't listen to Him?

As for me personally, there was this One whose first words I heard from Him were, "Read Your Bible", but since them we have become friends. We walk together and talk together. He has and does ask me to do many things. And because I hear from this One who is my Lord, I can tell you things He has told me. Yesterday He had me trim a tree in my front yard. I heard Him, and He told me to do that. He also yesterday ask me to talk my wife out for a nice early dinner meal at a nice restaurant because Valentines day was coming up. He told me that He has something else planned today, but He wanted me to start Valentines for her yesterday. He told me that.

I didn't read to trim my tree yesterday in the Bible, but you can find something about a tree being trimmed at times. Indeed, the annual trimming that tree had become a sign to me that He trims us back at times, and that seasons in our lives come and go. So it is that He talks to me personally about all the things in my life, and I know Him. Him and I, we talk!!

Now someone could ask me how I know He is God, even God the Son who we know as Jesus Christ?

From 20 plus years of walking and talking with Him, where He first told me "Read Your Bible" to Him yesterday telling me to trim that tree, I have seen Him do perhaps a thousand and more miracles around me, and that does not include the incredible other things. From listening to Him on the days called Today, He has had me open and run a Christian bookstore for Him for a couple of years then give it to a pastor with a church about 20 years ago, and the last I knew it was still going. He has taken my spirit out of my body where I was looking at the back top of my head, and He asked me, "Karl, Do you think I can take you anywhere I want?". The point is that He regularly proves that He is God and in many ways. Still, faith in Him comes from hearing Him, like with those words from Him to me, "Karl, Do you think I can take you anywhere I want?"

And you know what else He tells me? He tells me, "Karl, I am capable of having the exact same kind of relationship with anyone and everyone on this planet that I have with you."

So, what about the "Christian" who went forward and "accepted Him into their lives", but they don't hear from Him and don't have testimonies in abundance about Him? Are they not like those Jews we read about in the Bible? What did we really get out of the Bible?

So we find some saying that God speaks to them on other ways, but the Bible talks about the Word of God and hearing Him in words!! Then they say the Bible is Him talking to them, but that is not how it was with those who wrote the Bible. They heard from the Lord in words so that could write down in words the things they heard from Him personally- humm - just like me. Not that He is going to make a permanent record of what He told me. Certainly 1500 pages should have been enough, right? Yet perhaps not, because He still tells me to preach the Word of God and that to mean Him and that He wants to talk to His people, so they need to listen for the words He has to tell them.

So, I have probably written another 1500 pages on this forum in order that His people would listen to Him, like the Jews we read about in the Bible were supposed to listen but didn't! And that because He has told me to. But, who will listen and who will find excuses for not listening to His words for them personally??

Yeah, they can say they hear from Him in different ways, like through reading their Bibles, but He said it was the Holy Spirit who gives life and His words are spirit and our life!! He has it written that the Word of God we preach is found near us, in our mouths and hearts, so not in the Bible and not as an unction, a feeling, or some other way - though there is something written about some being dull of hearing and other barely hearing.

So then they write - can't you be excited for them even if they tell you the hear God in some other way?

No!! No I can't because He who first told me to "Read Your Bible" excepts them to hear Him and clearly in words through His Holy Spirit!! That is what is written in the Bible and what He wants today also!!

So do I also get excited when someone goes forward at church to accept Jesus Christ? Yes I do, but seeds and wither away, be plucked up by those dark forces flying like evil birds in the spiritual realm around us, and also land among the tares and be chocked out. Are they going to keep seeking the Lord, day after day, for His words to them or not?

Perhaps they will if I preach the Word of God like He told me to do? Indeed, perhaps they will and He will stop telling me to tell them to listen to Him? I have other things to do in my life. I even have a business to run and I would like to try and make more from it. But I am going to do what He tells me, even if it takes me a while and a lot of words to make it clear that we His people must listen to Him Today!

If I said, "Please", would it make a difference?

Ok people - please please please really seek Him, the Great I Am and Word of God, who is Jesus Christ, and listen to Him Today! Please.

I assure you it will make a difference in your life. Perhaps He will tell you to post instead of work on your business in the morning? Then perhaps our leaders (President, Congress, Governors, and such) will hear us and then listen to Him also??

Wow - We Christians who are called by His name could really make a difference if we just would really listen to Him!

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Now that I have Karl on ignore and cannot see any of his posts or replies I have a question for others.

Who else hears from the Lord through the Bible?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. Now that I have Karl on ignore and cannot see any of his posts or replies I have a question for others.

The Pharisees, the Sadducees and the Jews in general felt they heard the Lord through the Bible, which is why Jesus told them:

Jn 5:9-40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

And so it was that they did not want to see Him and hear what He had to say anymore, and killed Him.

Of course you not them can really kill The Word of God, because He is God the Son, so He rose and it still available to be heard from today and anytime and anyplace. He will even talk to someone about their Bible but He does not talk "through" the Bible! That is just making an idol out of your Bible.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People: We need to actually seek Jesus Christ and what He has to say to us. I feel fairly certain that if you have a Bible or can get one, He is going to have you read it, but even that is up to Him, the Teacher. Still, if you have read the Bible it should be clear that He speaks to us, His sheep, and clear that His there for anyone who is willing to seek Him looking to hear from Him. You don't have to have a Bible to hear from Him, but if you have one it might be a good idea to have it available incase He wants to talk to you about it. But if you don't have it available, He can still talk to you personally!!

Of course it might take some faith to believe that He will! It might even take some understanding that God is spirit so it is via His Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit that you hear from Him. Which explains why we find His Word near us - in our mouth and in our hearts - and that is the Word of God which we are preaching!! Which is just another way of saying that we need to listen to Him who is always with us!

And all the above is according to the Bible! So if someone, perhaps a spirit, is telling you different it is not the Holy Spirit. He will talk to you about your Bible but not though your Bible. He will Teach you things about what is written, but we need to live by the words that proceed out of His mouth, and the Scriptures do not proceed out of His mouth, though many proceeded out of His mouth a some thousands of years ago.

He once told me "The Scriptures are right but they are not righteous because they cannot act. Yet the Word of God is alive and active."

He, Jesus Christ is alive and active. He speaks to His sheep Today via His Holy Spirit. And all those who seek find - Him!

Reactions: 12question

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not one of those who hear through the bible as I haven't read it or studied it for some time now. It has been great to get to hear and know God our Creators without using the bible.

They have revealed so much since I stopped reading the bible. What They have revealed has caused me to see Them differently which has caused me to worship and praise Them for Their justice, mercy and grace for all in heaven, on earth, in the earth, in hell, hades, lake of fire and every other of Their created beings.

Oh the extent of God's irresistible grace to all.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only that but reading His word too. The more you read scripture the more you can Believe it. The less you read the harder it is to tune in to the Lord's still amall voice.

I got used to talking to Him and began neglecting my reading. And I had a question so I ased Him. He was silent to me. Nothing. I continued to pray the same question for two weeks and still no answer. Then I got a little convicted about how I had slacked off in my reading of His word. So I picked up my bible and flipped it open to begin reading again, and it flipped open to the exact page that answered the question that I had been asking Him for two weeks! Pretty sure that was my don't neglect the word lesson! I think Karl quit reading because God talks to him now.
This!!!!!!!!!I think Karl quit reading because of the "Quad God" thing. God supposedly said it to him more than once, Quad God: God, Jesus, holy spirit, Bible. He has a problem with folks and their Bibles. And his way is the only one that doesn't stink, and you aint with the Lord, if you aint carrying on dialogue with him, and He is saything profound things to you like "Quod God", "Quod God". Here is Karl's quote:
But the Bible is not Him speaking to you!! It was Him speaking to a person some thousands of years ago, and they wrote it down - and yet He is with us Today and He speaks, and His sheep hear His voice (all statements supported in the Bible)!
Oh, purlease ! 2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. This is New Testament stuff too!Are you saying it doesn't apply to you?
How does God instruct us, according to 2 Tim 3:16?
Doesn't the Bible say somewhere not to add or subtract from the words of this Book? Didn't Jesus tell us to Search the scriptures, and that they are they which testify of him? (All scriptural)

Seriously. I would be taking a hard look at what I was hearing and writing down. It could be from another source. It must be tested against what the Bible says.

Isa 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because is no light in them."

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This!!!!!!!!!I think Karl quit reading because of the "Quad God" thing. God supposedly said it to him more than once, Quad God: God, Jesus, holy spirit, Bible. He has a problem with folks and their Bibles. And his way is the only one that doesn't stink, and you aint with the Lord, if you aint carrying on dialogue with him, and He is saything profound things to you like "Quod God", "Quod God". Here is Karl's quote:

Oh, purlease ! 2 Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. This is New Testament stuff too!Are you saying it doesn't apply to you?
Doesn't the Bible say somewhere not to add or subtract from the words of this Book? Didn't Jesus tell us to Search the scriptures, and that they are they which testify of him? (All scriptural)

Seriously. I would be taking a hard look at what I was hearing and writing down. It could be from another source. It must be tested against what the Bible says.

Isa 8:20 "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because is no light in them."
I agree that scripture is profitable for certain purposes but not essential.
Walking is profitable. Eating rice is profitable. But they are not essential for a healthy life. I don't require scripture to live a godly life.

My relationship with my Creators has been greatly benefited by not making use of scripture. My diet has changed and the Spirit of Christ is so much more a part of my everyday life as a result.

Has applying scripture to my daily life benefited me over the years? Yes it had. But even moreso has the daily personal intimate relationship with the Spirit of God without the scripture, that is, since I repented of my relationship with what is called the bible. Unfortunately it had become an idol to me.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The book isnt God and its not magic. But it is a pretty special book. Reading it is like looking into a mirror. The word of God is a physical representation of the spoken word of God. It can't come back to Him void,

and besides, Jesus didnt want to have to repeat Himself 8 Billion times!

Reactions: Cassandra

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My relationship with my Creators has been greatly benefited by not making use of scripture. My diet has changed and the Spirit of Christ is so much more a part of my everyday life as a result.
This scares me to death. The Bible tells you all about Jesus and salvation. For you not to make use of it is, IMO, is nonchristian.
You do what you want., though.

Reactions: MA2444

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have...the word of God. It says so in scripture many times. But when it says that, it isnt always talking about the written word (Logos). Sometimes word was translated from (Rhema) which is the spoken word of God.

God speaks to me many times when I am reading scripture. I read it and the Holy Spirit says, that's you! Remember the other day, blah blah blah? Repent. Or it could be about something else, anything. And I think the Holy Spirit speaks to us through our conscience (which is in our spirit) to allow us to recognize the application of the biblical principle to our lives. I instantly know how that applies to me and I know if it is to be repented of.

I think the more we go against our conscience, the more our heart gets hardened.

I also try to read the word from my spirit instead of carnally. I can hear the still small voice of God inside of me. And if we open ourselves to receive Rhemas from God it begins to happen more and more. At some point, you can't get away from it if you tried! I got used to being able to hear the Lord clearly. It's good. And I neglected reading the scriptures one time for idk a few weeks or more and then I asked the Lord about something and I didnt get an answer. I bugged the Lord for two weeks with the same question and I wasnt getting an answer. I thought how weird is that, now that I can hear the Lord?!

And one day I just finally picked up my bible again and flipped it open to find something to read. I flipped open to the exact page that my unanswered question was answered. My eyes fell right on the text.

The message of the Lord not answering me was clear. Do not neglect reading His word just because we have learned to hear Him. The Lord made a point of making this point to me. So...yes, read your bibles.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may not answer your question but its the best I can do right now.

Thanks for sharing.

I love reading / studying the Bible. I depend on it for verification for what others say.
I believe the Bible is KNOWLEDGE of Good, Bad and Ugly, and the consequences thereof.

I believe the (hearing) / reading, studying is a “beginning” and the Highlight is “UNDERSTANDING”…
“ACCORDING TO GODS UNDERSTANDING” OF His own approved Knowledge.

To further elaborate, I believe since JESUS arrived AND returned to Heaven…then came the offering of opportunity for Mankind to really understand Gods Word, according to God, “rather than manKinds” (speculation and guesswork).

I would “guess” Most people PRAY FOR…
“Tangible things”, and “overcoming” burdens, health issues, and especially what they call SINS against other men.
(Which personally I believe the Lord God has Forgiven my Sin against Him, and my own task is to Forgive men who trespass against me.)

Me personally, the “majority” of my Prayers to the Lord God are for:
Blessing Him
Thanking Him.
Asking for “His Understanding” of what I am hearing, reading and studying.
Blessings for our Nation.
And of course for the well being and comfort of those suffering.

I find the results most satisfying in my relationship with the Lord God.

Glory to God,
Taken

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me personally, the “majority” of my Prayers to the Lord God are for:
Blessing Him
Thanking Him.
Asking for “His Understanding” of what I am hearing, reading and studying.
Blessings for our Nation.
And of course for the well being and comfort of those suffering.

I got to thinking about that before. When the most recent events of war overseas it is affecting many many innocent souls. If they die before repenting they die in their sins.
And because of the Brutality of war many get broken in spirit and are unable to even cry out to God. She watched them murder her entire family and then they took liberties with her and set her walking. She is a broken spirit.

And that hit me hard. So I asked for the Lord to put some of someones suffering upon me and allow me to carry it so that they can have one good day where they feel good enough in their spirit to perhaps reach out to God and perhaps be saved.

I dont know if the Lord did it, I have good days and bad days myself. But I think it was a good prayer.

Reactions: 12question

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Dad has this girlfriend. For some reason she literally hates me. I haven't done anything or said anything to make her feel this way.
I believe it's a matter of jealousy, I don't know. All I know is almost 7 years ago I came to live on my father's property while he was living with her. No matter how nice, polite, calm and collective I was, her attitude towards me never changed.

I kept hearing give her another cup of cold water. I rather give her vinegar because she so bitter and hateful. But I kept hearing, give her another cup of cold water.
I understood the reference, I just didn't see how it would ever make a difference.

Last April Dad came to stay with me. He's getting on and so is she. He figured for her sake and not to be a burden on her, he would come and stay with me as I am younger and a little stronger. Also she is always going places like craft fairs and working at the pantry and going to lunch with her friends. Where I am more of a hermit and am home 24/7 most days of the year. Like 364 of them. lol
Dad is requiring 24/7 care now and he figured she should have her life while she still can.
So he came to stay with me, she got HIGHLY offended, accused him of abandoning her, and she didn't call once from April until December.

Early December Dad got sick and he was in the hospital. She just happened to call to tell him the insurance company wanted to talk to him.
I told her he was in the hospital. I gave her the number, the room number, and told he he would probably like to hear from her.
(What I wanted to say.... nevermind)

I kept hearing, she needs another cup of cold water.
Dad has been in and out of the hospital twice now since December. It looks like he will be going to rehab this monday or as soon as a bed becomes available for him.
In the meantime, I am getting daily calls from his girlfriend checking in with me to see how he is doing. The hospital won't give her any information because she isn't family and I asked them to keep it that way. She has a tendency to get your anxiety pumping and dad don't need that while he is recovering, so I though it best if I take the punches instead.

Everytime she calls I am polite, I give her as much information as I have to share. I sympathize with her concern.
Two nights ago we talked for over an hour on the phone. No blame games, no name calling, no accusations. It was somewhat pleasant and unexpected. Tonight when she called me to see how things were, she said thankyou before hanging up and to keep in touch with her.

I know this doesn't sound like much of a miracle to some, But I'll tell you what, that cup of water seems to be dousing out the fire in her.
If I hadn't listened to the Lord and been giving her vinegar, the battle would still be raging. Not in me, but in her.
And I don't like to see anyone suffer needlessly.

God is good, even to our enemies. Only he can turn their hearts around. And a cold cup of water from time to time.
:D

Praise God!
Hugs

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got to thinking about that before. When the most recent events of war overseas it is affecting many many innocent souls. If they die before repenting they die in their sins.
And because of the Brutality of war many get broken in spirit and are unable to even cry out to God. She watched them murder her entire family and then they took liberties with her and set her walking. She is a broken spirit.

And that hit me hard. So I asked for the Lord to put some of someones suffering upon me and allow me to carry it so that they can have one good day where they feel good enough in their spirit to perhaps reach out to God and perhaps be saved.

I dont know if the Lord did it, I have good days and bad days myself. But I think it was a good prayer.

The majority of the citizens of Russia and Ukraine identify as Orthodox Christians…

My b-in-law’s parents were born and raised in the Ukraine and his mother with her family left when she was a young teen, (communism then primary political stance) to Canada and later his dad. Ukraine had been a Russian state for centuries, language, primarily same (varying dialect), politics, customs, clothing, food, etc.

Any war/conflict, differing countries or civil particularly has brothers against brothers and horrific, but should be as with the US civil war, conducted and settled within, (in my opinion). Neither Russia or Ukraine are members of NATO. It’s a mess, with world nations in business that is not theirs.
But then nothing new…wars and rumors of wars!

God Bless.

Glory to God,
Taken