Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one Baptism in the Spirit....when we became Born Again.

The Holy Spirit is my guide....I’m obedient to his word and his word only.....
I'm familiar with that position.
What does his word say?

Why hadn't the baptized believers in Samaria received the Holy Spirit?
Here is my topic on the subject.

/

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet many are not obediant unto His word and His word only ........................and that is one scary place to be .
YOU JUST KEEP FEASTING on that bible rita . No matter what folks accuse the lambs of being or doing
JUST CAUSE we WONT BUDGE from the truth , YOU JUST DOUBLE DOWN and keep feasting on them holy words .
HOW HOW did the serpent DECIEVE EVE .
HOW . WELL GOD had SAID to adam YE SHALL NOT EAT OF THE TREE in the midst of the garden
for in the day ye eat thereof ye shall surely die .
THE SEREPENT , when eve quoated THE WORDS OF GOD said this , NAY NAY ye shall not SURELY DIE .
HE MADE VOID the WORDS OF GOD as though they were not true . AND sadly EVE believed the serpent
and not WHAT GOD has said . AND THE END RESULT , who endedup right the sepent or GOD .
GOD DID , they died and death has come upon all mankind ever since .
PRAISE GOD FOR JESUS , cause in HIM we are not longer dead but alive , alive unto GOD
THE serpent tried the same stuff on CHRIST , BUT JESUS DIDNT BUY THE LIE , HE OVERCAME
and now IN HIM , our FAITH IN HIM the lambs overcome . BUT OH YES satan still works the same way
HAS GOD REALLY SAID ................nay nay ................................
Exactly!!!!.......Amen!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t God’s Holy Word So Very Perfect....He says it so much better than ours...

1 John 4

King James Version

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

The Scriptures are not His Holy Word, but Jesus Christ is. Yet God through Isaiah explained that if you did not listen, then the word of the Lord to you would be those orderly , lines, that you read a little here and there.

Is 28:12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.
So the word of the LORD to them will be,
“Order on order, order on order,
Line on line, line on line,
A little here, a little there,”
That they may go and stumble backward, be broken, snared and taken captive.

Therefore, because they would not listen to Him they were taken captive, just like was written about them!

And Jesus explained to them:

Jn 5:37,38“And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.
“You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

If you had His word abiding in you then you would not have confused Him with the Sacred Writings!

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Therefore you have been shut up under sin, as the Pharisee, Sadducees, and most of the people whom Moses talked to and said:

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

And Paul testified about a people like that also writing:
Rom 10: 1-9 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believe.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

So you say Jesus, but the Holy Word of God to you is the writings, the Scripture, and not Him. That is because you feel that He is dead of in a far off place called heaven, so you don't know that the Word of God we are preaching is found "IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART", because you don't actually believe that you can listen to Him. You pretend obedience, but don't hear with your spiritual ears and so don't understand that the Word of God we preach is Him, and that because He indeed has never left us, and we His sheep hear Him voice, even that small voice we find in our heart, and that often because we realize that He, via His spirit, was getting our attention with what is coming out our mouth. Yet coming out your mouth is that the word of is the orderly lines of text that you read a little here and there, thus telling us who really know Him what has happened to you.

And not you only, because there were many Pharisees, and Sadducees and many Moses and Paul spoke to on this subject, hoping that someday they would indeed humble themselves and turn to the Lord and listen to Him. He speaks to us in the morning when we get up, and a Bible is not needed then. He speaks to us in the shower and we prepare for the day, and the Bible is not in the shower. He then speaks to us as we do sit down with the Bible and pray the Lord's prayer, but He might not even have you pick up the Bible, like a teach might not have you open up the text book for the class. He may have other things planned, like a dream that He gave you that He wants to talk about.

And as for testing the spirit, like explained in the Bible, that calls for the ability to use you spiritual ears. If you can't hear with your spiritual ears then you can't test the spirits as told to!!

1 Jn 4:1-4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

If indeed you do test the spirits, according to the above test then you know that requires actually hearing with your spiritual ears. That is to say that you pick up a voice, usually out of no-where, and so you ask it to confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh because we are testing spirits not people, and then you listen for the response. So you either hear "Jesus Christ has come in the flesh", and usually with a bit more like "He is risen", or "we listen and serve Him", which is what the Holy Spirit is about getting us to do. Of perhaps the voice leaves quickly, as a spirit taking off quickly, or it you might hear, "I can not tell you that", which always seems weird when you pick that up. It is also pretty weird when that spirit gets mad and starts cursing Jesus Christ, but you give not indication of hearing at all, by anything you have written. Your testimony is about reading the lines of text, and not of hearing with your spiritual ears.

So, you quote Scriptures, as if they will save you. You proclaim them, even as the Holy Word of God, failing to understand that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and God's salvation. You have not testimony about Him, Jesus Christ the Lord our God, and so He testifies about you, even though you don't accept it. And we who hear the sound of the wind testify about Him and what we hear, but you do not accept our testimony. And this is explained in the Bible:

Jn 3: 8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

and

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

So quote Scripture after Scripture, but that will not save you. Think of the Scriptures as the Holy Word of God, but that just shows you don't listen to our Lord and have indeed been taken captive by religious spirits. Tell yourself that you have the Scriptures so that you believe in Jesus Christ, but if you indeed believed in Him you would know that He is the Holy Word of God. Indeed "The Word of God is His name:

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

And if you listened to Him you might hear things like, like

I AM THE WORD OF GOD! THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL ME. FOR WHAT PROPHET EVER SAID ‘THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME SAYING’ AND DIDN’T MEAN THAT I CAME CLOSE? SHOULD I SHARE MY NAME WITH MY CREATION?:

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

So understand comes from His mouth not your understanding!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a vision that took me to a geographic location to pray for a woman with advanced cancer.
A total stranger to me. (to make a long story short) Never saw her again.

/

I love it and believe it - but the I was quoting what "Ritajanice" - you saw that, right?

Why don't you tells us more, and what you believe the Lord told you about it all. :)

Reactions: St. SteVen

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm reminded of scripture constantly.
It's rare for me to hear his audible voice. He usually says, "Talk to that person."
In reference to a total stranger, When I ask what I should say, I get no response. (sigh)
In obedience I go and speak to the person. Then it becomes clear to me what needs to be said.

So, you haven't had the Baptism with the Holy Spirit for power?
The Spirit on, not the Spirit in. A subsequent experience.
More than the infilling that comes from belief.
Enables you to operate in spiritual gifts. (manifestations)

Peter relates this testimony about the house of Cornelius.

Acts 11:15-16 NIV
“As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them
as he had come on us at the beginning.
16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with[a] water,
but you will be baptized with[b] the Holy Spirit.’

/

I love this testimony. Indeed, who else posting here is honestly hearing from the Lord and testifying to it?

Actually His voice is not "audible" but it can seem that way. It is that spiritual voice we pick up in our hearts, and that by faith.

Still, I love the testimony because it is not so uncommon that He tells you to go and speak to someone. Yet if I search around this forum it is a rare thing to find such a testimony.

And indeed, like written, we can ask Him to give us more information, but we often find out that He just needs us to do what He asks. Still, ask questions of Him and listen, like is testified to above.

I also like the testimony about the spiritual gifts. We are told to ask for them, and if told to ask for then is He not going to given them to us? Of course He is. It might be in His time, but why should it take long if we believe and ask like told?

Nice testimony. Nice to see someone hear has some understanding!

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this testimony. Indeed, who else posting here is honestly hearing from the Lord and testifying to it?

Actually His voice is not "audible" but it can seem that way. It is that spiritual voice we pick up in our hearts, and that by faith.

Still, I love the testimony because it is not so uncommon that He tells you to go and speak to someone. Yet if I search around this forum it is a rare thing to find such a testimony.

And indeed, like written, we can ask Him to give us more information, but we often find out that He just needs us to do what He asks. Still, ask questions of Him and listen, like is testified to above.

I also like the testimony about the spiritual gifts. We are told to ask for them, and if told to ask for then is He not going to given them to us? Of course He is. It might be in His time, but why should it take long if we believe and ask like told?

Nice testimony. Nice to see someone hear has some understanding!
Thanks.
Good to find someone who understands.
Some of my experiences have been a result of following this interesting outreach idea called Treasure Hunt, by Kevin Dedmon.

Amazon.com

We tried this at church one Wednesday evening. My wife and I want to do it more. I need to get the book.
So, thanks for the reminder.

Basically, by listening to the God he directs you to the person he wants to minister to.
When you find them, you explain that you are on a treasure hunt with a church group.
There is a similar game that is like a scavenger hunt, where teams go find odd things to win the game.
So, most people are familiar with it.

When you find your person, you show them your worksheet which has a description
of them in the location where you found them. And may list some personal things that
were revealed to you by God. Like an infirmity. It's an opportunity to pray for their healing.
And why would God connect you with them if he wasn't already planning to heal them?

/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.
Good to find someone who understands.
Some of my experiences have been a result of following this interesting outreach idea called Treasure Hunt, by Kevin Dedmon.

Amazon.com

We tried this at church one Wednesday evening. My wife and I want to do it more. I need to get the book.
So, thanks for the reminder.

Basically, by listening to the God he directs you to the person he wants to minister to.
When you find them, you explain that you are on a treasure hunt with a church group.
There is a similar game that is like a scavenger hunt, where teams go find odd things to win the game.
So, most people are familiar with it.

When you find your person, you show them your worksheet which has a description
of them in the location where you found them. And may list some personal things that
were revealed to you by God. Like an infirmity. It's an opportunity to pray for their healing.
And why would God connect you with them if he wasn't already planning to heal them?

/

Yes - this is what it can be like to be hearing from the Lord.

Of course He can talk to us about a lot more things than just the next person He wants us to talk to for Him, but it all comes down to hearing from Him and doing what He asks the best you can. I like the "treasure hunt" aspect!! He is indeed looking for treasure. And indeed He once told me " A man that listens to Him is as rare as a diamond in the Rock."

He of course is the Rock, and so He has the church, but even there it can be rare to find that diamond of a man that actually listens to Him. Yet that is the man that is truly valuable to Him.

Reactions: Azim and St. SteVen

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is . . . what I've noticed in life . . . I'm not saying this is you . . . but those who seem to have the greatest need to advertise themselves seem to be the ones without substance, but are needing affirmation.

Paul considered himself loony to boast of things in his life. I've not felt differently myself.

Much love!
Bingo........
Therefore we must test the spirits of the posters through his word; affirming what is said to be TRUTH!

Many self advertise, loving self & other's affirmations, and are shallow or clouds without rain.
They have no substance because they take no sustenance , by the study of the word of God.

Many will present as a workman, ashamed, when they stand before God; for lack of the knowledge of the word. 2 Timothy 2:15 ; Hosea 4:6

WHY should we study scripture? This verse states God approves us in, of and by his word! If we fail to feast of his word then we DO NOT know how to walk as he walked.

Jesus purpose was to do the Father's will. Ours is to lead others by his gospel, through the light of the Holy Spirit, into a relationship with him. How then can one lead if they are tasteless salt without savour ?
Jesus said, good for nothing but to be tossed into the streets, and trampled underfoot, useless!

• Love
Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can listen to the voice in your mind, but if you don't have the foundation of His written Word, you won't whether it's right or not.

You need to know the Scriptures, they are able to make you wise unto salvation.

I hope you will meditate on this passage:

2 Timothy 3:13-17 KJV
13) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Much love!
Absolutely it is by the living waters of his word that we draw from the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3-5.
Too many do not draw from his word, and attempt to draw at dry wells and become broken cisterns, unable to hold TRUTH!

Reactions: marks

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is much wind these days ,
Lambs . stay dug in the bible . test all men . We got some who do a lot of sowing to wind these days
and the whirlwhind they shall reap .
Amen!!!

2 Timothy 3:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

English Standard Version
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Berean Standard Bible
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Berean Literal Bible
Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

New King James Version
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

New American Standard Bible
All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness;

NASB 1995
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praise God that the Holy Spirit we received, when we were baptised , leads us and speaks to us through God’s Holy Word the Bible.

The more we read his word through the Spirit , the more we get to know his Living word...it’s the Holy Spirit who leads us through scripture...it’s the Holy Spirit within us, who is testifying with our spirit the true, living word of God.......

If you listen to mans/ woman’s word ...then be sure to check it out with God’s Living word, the Bible...

As many words they speak are not biblical....we have been given discernment......confusion is not from God...therefore check everything out they say...reading God’s Living Holy Word.....

Galatians 2:20​

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1 Corinthians 13
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.
11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Experience!

Also this is how what they thought about Jesus Christ, as read in the Bible.
How does experience tell you this, do the people you talk to actually tell you that they think what Jesus says and what you say about Jesus is evil.

The bible does not say that everyone thought what Jesus said was evil.
Some religious leaders did, but the ordinary people flocked to hear him.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm familiar with that position.
What does his word say?
Position?

It’s the Living word of God....His Holy Bible.

Ephesians 4:5​

“One Lord, one faith, one baptism,”

King James Version (KJV)

< Previous Verse
Next Verse >
▲ View Chapter

Ephesians 4:5 Context​

2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6One God and Father of all, who isabove all, and through all, and in you all. 7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Scriptures are not His Holy Word, but Jesus Christ is. Yet God through Isaiah explained that if you did not listen, then the word of the Lord to you would be those orderly , lines, that you read a little here and there.

Is 28:12,13 He who said to them, “Here is rest, give rest to the weary,”
And, “Here is repose,” but they would not listen.

Therefore, because they would not listen to Him they were taken captive, just like was written about them!

And Jesus explained to them:

Jn 5:37,38“And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.
“You do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent.

If you had His word abiding in you then you would not have confused Him with the Sacred Writings!

Gal 3:22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

Therefore you have been shut up under sin, as the Pharisee, Sadducees, and most of the people whom Moses talked to and said:

Deut 8:20 “Like the nations that the LORD makes to perish before you, so you shall perish; because you would not listen to the voice of the LORD your God.

And Paul testified about a people like that also writing:
Rom 10: 1-9 Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.
For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge.
For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believe.
For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness.
But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down),
or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).”
But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

So you say Jesus, but the Holy Word of God to you is the writings, the Scripture, and not Him. That is because you feel that He is dead of in a far off place called heaven, so you don't know that the Word of God we are preaching is found "IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART", because you don't actually believe that you can listen to Him. You pretend obedience, but don't hear with your spiritual ears and so don't understand that the Word of God we preach is Him, and that because He indeed has never left us, and we His sheep hear Him voice, even that small voice we find in our heart, and that often because we realize that He, via His spirit, was getting our attention with what is coming out our mouth. Yet coming out your mouth is that the word of is the orderly lines of text that you read a little here and there, thus telling us who really know Him what has happened to you.

And not you only, because there were many Pharisees, and Sadducees and many Moses and Paul spoke to on this subject, hoping that someday they would indeed humble themselves and turn to the Lord and listen to Him. He speaks to us in the morning when we get up, and a Bible is not needed then. He speaks to us in the shower and we prepare for the day, and the Bible is not in the shower. He then speaks to us as we do sit down with the Bible and pray the Lord's prayer, but He might not even have you pick up the Bible, like a teach might not have you open up the text book for the class. He may have other things planned, like a dream that He gave you that He wants to talk about.

And as for testing the spirit, like explained in the Bible, that calls for the ability to use you spiritual ears. If you can't hear with your spiritual ears then you can't test the spirits as told to!!

1 Jn 4:1-4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

If indeed you do test the spirits, according to the above test then you know that requires actually hearing with your spiritual ears. That is to say that you pick up a voice, usually out of no-where, and so you ask it to confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh because we are testing spirits not people, and then you listen for the response. So you either hear "Jesus Christ has come in the flesh", and usually with a bit more like "He is risen", or "we listen and serve Him", which is what the Holy Spirit is about getting us to do. Of perhaps the voice leaves quickly, as a spirit taking off quickly, or it you might hear, "I can not tell you that", which always seems weird when you pick that up. It is also pretty weird when that spirit gets mad and starts cursing Jesus Christ, but you give not indication of hearing at all, by anything you have written. Your testimony is about reading the lines of text, and not of hearing with your spiritual ears.

So, you quote Scriptures, as if they will save you. You proclaim them, even as the Holy Word of God, failing to understand that Jesus Christ is the Word of God and God's salvation. You have not testimony about Him, Jesus Christ the Lord our God, and so He testifies about you, even though you don't accept it. And we who hear the sound of the wind testify about Him and what we hear, but you do not accept our testimony. And this is explained in the Bible:

Jn 3: 8 “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

and

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

So quote Scripture after Scripture, but that will not save you. Think of the Scriptures as the Holy Word of God, but that just shows you don't listen to our Lord and have indeed been taken captive by religious spirits. Tell yourself that you have the Scriptures so that you believe in Jesus Christ, but if you indeed believed in Him you would know that He is the Holy Word of God. Indeed "The Word of God is His name:

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

And if you listened to Him you might hear things like, like

I AM THE WORD OF GOD! THAT IS WHAT THEY CALL ME. FOR WHAT PROPHET EVER SAID ‘THE WORD OF THE LORD CAME TO ME SAYING’ AND DIDN’T MEAN THAT I CAME CLOSE? SHOULD I SHARE MY NAME WITH MY CREATION?:

THE SCRIPTURES ARE RIGHT, BUT THEY ARE NOT RIGHTEOUS. THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO ACT. THEY ARE NOT ALIVE, BUT THE WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE.

WE DON’T USE THE LORD TO PREACH THE SCRIPTURES; WE USE THE SCRIPTURES TO PREACH THE LORD!!

So understand comes from His mouth not your understanding!
Hope this helps...LOL.

Satan is the author of confusion

Satan seeks to cause chaos, disorder, death, and destruction.

1. 1 Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”

2. 1 Peter 5:8 “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

3. 2 Corinthians 2:11 “in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.”

4. Revelation 12:9-10 “And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.”

5. Ephesians 2:2 “in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

The Motives Behind a Critical Spirit​

A critical spirit comes from within the heart of a person. Mark 7 tells us that sins such as evil thoughts, coveting, deceit, envy, and slander proceed from within a person. There are several factors that contribute to the development of a critical spirit.

1. Self-Factor​

This includes jealousy or envy, vengeance, anger, hatred, and holding grudges for the purpose of personal gain by destroying the other person.

2. Fear-Factor​

This involves feeling threatened by someone or feeling anxiety toward someone which produces a critical spirit as a way of self-protection.

3. Control-Factor​

This is feeling out of control and using manipulation and shaming someone in order to gain control.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What does the Bible say about the Holy Spirit?

From Scripture we learn that the Holy Spirit is God. There is only one God and He is the third divine person of the Trinity. He grieves, He knows, He is eternal, He encourages, He gives understanding, He gives peace, He comforts, He directs, and He can be prayed to. He is God living inside of those who have accepted Christ as their Savior.

50 Important Bible Verses About The Holy Spirit (The Spirit Of God)

He will work in Christians until death to conform them into the image of Christ. Rely on the Spirit daily. Listen to His convictions, which is usually an uneasy feeling.

His convictions will keep your from sin and from making bad decisions in life.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.
11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.
What do you make of this?
How long will we not LACK any spiritual gift?

1 Corinthians 1:7 NIV
Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

/