Money For What?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
$250 Million to aide the
Muslim Brotherhood to hate us in more refined ways but no White House
tours? Am I crazy?

The TSA issues a $50
Million contract to a Mexican Company for uniforms? Oh... oh, it's
not so bad, the agents must buy their own shoes... from where?

We must reduce our troupe
strength while the Pretender goes to play golf with Tiger Woods to
the tune of many millions for the trip?

There is much more but I
would only be ranting if I go on so, thoughts? I mean, someone voted
for him!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
th1b.taylor said:
$250 Million to aide the
Muslim Brotherhood to hate us in more refined ways but no White House
tours? Am I crazy?
-- I felt the exact same way, at first.
But then I pondered on it. If we would remove all aid from them, have basically closed the door to all dialog with them.
And if the situation deteriorated even further, such as the real threat of military action against Israel, the U.S. has no more leverage to use with them.
Also, that amount could easily be made up by China, Russia, or any one of the oil producing Arab nations if Egypt were willing to let them exercise influence.
That is a very bad thing to consider.

And if we did remove the aid from Egypt because they did not agree with U.S. policy, Mr. Obama could then use it as a precident to justify removing aid from Israel.

th1b.taylor said:
The TSA issues a $50
Million contract to a Mexican Company for uniforms? Oh... oh, it's
not so bad, the agents must buy their own shoes... from where?
-- This however IS outragious.
Several news outlets reported that the individual members of the TSA will receive a larger financial allowance than U.S. Marines.
And since the money will be provided to them as a "clothing allowance" cash deposit in their bank accounts, there is no way of confirming
the employees actually use the money for what it is for.
They may be required to own four or five complete uniforms, but choose to only own two, spending the rest of the money on something else.
This, especially on the eve of the sequester, is inexcusable.

th1b.taylor said:
We must reduce our troupe
strength while the Pretender goes to play golf with Tiger Woods to
the tune of many millions for the trip?
-- After several direct accusations from the White House that the Sequester was the idea of Congress, specifically Republicans, the White House finally admitted the sequester and what specifically would be targeted came from the President and the White House staff. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/sperling-admits-obama-misled-debate-president-did-propose-sequester_705015.html

They decided where the cuts would take place, feeling that in the end no one would want to be caught letting it take place.
For instance, while Defense Spending makes up only 16% of the Federal budget, they are on the hook for almost half of all the cuts.

This could have all been avoided even as the Sequester went forward if the President and Congress would have agreed on something that said that the cuts per dept. were still going to go through, but the heads of the depts. (who know where the fat actually is) be given discretion to say where within their depts. the cuts could/should be made.

Mr. Obama of course could not allow this, because when the cuts were made and America saw that the sky did not fall, his calls for increased revenue (read: raising your taxes) would no longer be taken seriously.

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
You seem to have forgotten,that America armed and trained both the Iraqi and Afghanastani armies in the 1970 s and 1980 s,We also shipped tons of food to our pals in russia.Now we are helping the Chinese become rich,and at the same time our boys are coming back from fighting in the desert and cant find jobs.Nothing America does seems to make any sense.