More work hours/more orders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed dear sister . Taking care of those who lack .
The lady I took the food to was a woman my children and I would see walking around town picking up cans to take to recycle to get a few dollars a month to buy a little food. So one day, we stopped and asked her if she'd like to go with us for pizza. Every Tuesday, 2 kids could eat free with a paying adult. So I only had to pay for mine, hers, and one of the kids. It was a buffet, all you can eat. So we took her on Tuesdays and the kids grew attached to her. We would take things to her sometimes ... groceries, toiletries, and cans we collected. We eventually had to move (safety reasons) and lost contact.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I worded that incorrectly. We cleaned it every day with bleach water ...nearly top to bottom. The place had tall ceilings... lol.
good thing you corrected that otherwise it wouldn't have made it into the KJV :D

Reactions: Truman

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So that was you taking a long break then. What did the other members of the crew do? Did they just cross their leg in patience? LOL
I didn't say I was taking a long break. Idk if you know this or not, but women sit down to use the restroom. (sarcasm)

My point was that it's the only time I was in a sitting position. We didn't take breaks. Breaks were spent cleaning something.

There were only two of us and sometimes I had to work alone and run the store by myself. But ...there were two restrooms.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't say I was taking a long break. Idk if you know this or not, but women sit down to use the restroom. (sarcasm)

My point was that it's the only time I was in a sitting position. We didn't take breaks. Breaks were spent cleaning something.

There were only two of us and sometimes I had to work alone and run the store by myself. But ...there were two restrooms.

IDK if you know, but I was only quoting what you had written and what I hear you saying just tickled my funny bone. Not everything on this forum has to be taken seriously. Sometimes it is good to just laugh at what we have written when it comes out differently to what we meant.

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IDK if you know, but I was only quoting what you had written and what I hear you saying just tickled my funny bone. Not everything on this forum has to be taken seriously. Sometimes it is good to just laugh at what we have written when it comes out differently to what we meant.
Yes, it is good to laugh. Thank you and I apologize if I took you wrong. :)

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that Fluffy gets lots of orders for pumpernickel loaves and rolls and cookies and cakes and muffins and apfel strudel and hot cross buns and especially doughnuts...

Okay, maybe not doughnuts.

But Heavenly Father, I ask this so that Fluffy can feed her own family. I know You watch out over her.

And I ask this in the name of He who said He was the Bread of Life.

Amen

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep getting off work really early because there's not much needed from me at the moment.

I'm a baker, so when I am done baking, I'm running around cleaning up and stocking shelves but that doesn't take very long.

Asking for prayer for more orders for the beginning of the week <3
Do you like baking? Employers are usually happy to help those that are interested in learning more about the business and the product. If you have an interest, ask a lot of questions and ask for more training and more responsibility.

For instance, you might ask how recipes change when baking in large quantities. (You may already know this.)

Remember, the smell is the thing. The smell of fresh bread should waft out the door everyday, especially during times of heavy foot traffic.

When I was a teenage, my mom taught me to decorate cakes. We used to make all kinds of cakes: wedding cakes, birthday cakes, even Halloween cakes. We even decorated Styrofoam cakes for practice. :)

Experiment, try new recipes, surprise the customer, offer samples.

The smell is the thing.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I worked in a bakery, me and my coworker would go against the rules and take some of the baked goods home. I took some to my kids/husband, but I took a whole lot of it to a woman in the community who had very little money, food, etc.

We were instructed to throw out everything that didn't sell, except certain things ...and were allowed to take a dozen donuts/pastries home. The rest was to be thrown away and he counted those as "losses." He said that donating them would be less profitable. (Sigh) So, we would "throw them away" into a sterile plastic bag ...and then take them and give them away.

We cleaned that place top to bottom (nearly) every day with bleach water. Very toxic ... but no bugs or germs thrived there. And in between preparing baked items, we'd better not be seen standing ...we had to be wiping counters back down, sweeping, mopping... shining glass cases, etc. We never sat down for 8 hours unless we went to the bathroom. lol
I never have any unsold from what I've made in the bakery, but the prepacked either sells out too quickly or I leave it in the break room for the other workers, I'm allowed to take one so I do sometimes.

But sometimes the shelves are too full, and there is a food bank nearby I would rather throw it into.

I stayed as long as I could today, and asked for something to do so I did other people's jobs. Lol

They seem to think I'm fast but I am wondering now if the baker before me was just sitting around with the door shut. :D:p

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's like this; if I'd been raised as an American I mightn't have. I might be 100 pounds overweight as well. :)
Lol! Is that a stereotype on us Americans? Was chatting about types with a female friend about this today, told her I call 'em cozy :D

Reactions: Truman

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought on it a little more and I think I'll go off of @TLHKAJ's example and just clean everything. Like everything. Lol

Now I'm gonna go figure out a way to track what is being sold because nobody is tracking sales and it will give me something to do.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought on it a little more and I think I'll go off of @TLHKAJ's example and just clean everything. Like everything. Lol

Now I'm gonna go figure out a way to track what is being sold because nobody is tracking sales and it will give me something to do.
I remember that we had to keep track of how many of each item we made each day, and then at the end of the day, we counted everything that was left. And not everything that didn't sell was thrown out. Sometimes we sold "day olds" at a discount.

Add: and we counted the money and that had to match up with what was sold.