More work hours/more orders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep getting off work really early because there's not much needed from me at the moment.

I'm a baker, so when I am done baking, I'm running around cleaning up and stocking shelves but that doesn't take very long.

Asking for prayer for more orders for the beginning of the week <3

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I keep getting off work really early because there's not much needed from me at the moment.

I'm a baker, so when I am done baking, I'm running around cleaning up and stocking shelves but that doesn't take very long.

Asking for prayer for more orders for the beginning of the week <3
alright, if you like, I order you to sweep and mop the floor again, clean the windows ......sparkle is the standard!
You want more? o_O

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
alright, if you like, I order you to sweep and mop the floor again, clean the windows ......sparkle is the standard!
You want more? o_O
proxy-image

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS ...I worked at a bakery as well when my kids were younger.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want more? o_O
They don't clean the bakery walls really, which should be done once a month, so it is dark yellow, but I guess a couple night shift co-workers were bored, so they came in to clean the walls for something to do.

Every morning I come in to work and there's been a new white part.

I call them the cleaning elves.

PS ...I worked at a bakery as well when my kids were younger.
I enjoy it! But Midwest food is totally different than PNW. Weird names for everything, produce is not good **anywhere** - I'm turning my walk in pantry into a greenhouse because its so bad, and they think French bread has sesame seeds.

lol

But I like to do the work.

Reactions: Lambano and TLHKAJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They don't clean the bakery walls really, which should be done once a month, so it is dark yellow, but I guess a couple night shift co-workers were bored, so they came in to clean the walls for something to do.

Every morning I come in to work and there's been a new white part.

I call them the cleaning elves.

I enjoy it! But Midwest food is totally different than PNW. Weird names for everything, produce is not good **anywhere** - I'm turning my walk in pantry into a greenhouse because its so bad, and they think French bread has sesame seeds.

lol

But I like to do the work.
I lived above a bakery for a while 40yrs ago in Bonn, Germany. On my way to work in the mornings I'd go through the bakery itself. It was deep winter with lots of snow outside.....the baker would regularly press a paper bag of hot apple turnovers into my hand.....what a start to the day. There ya go, my bakery memories! :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I lived above a bakery for a while 40yrs ago in Bonn, Germany. On my way to work in the mornings I'd go through the bakery itself. It was deep winter with lots of snow outside.....the baker would regularly press a paper bag of hot apple turnovers into my hand.....what a start to the day. There ya go, my bakery memories! :)
Why would you move? Lol

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck, may your bright personality draw people into the bakery to buy and at the same time see a saintly person on the other side of the counter with whom they can talk with about their cares of this world.

My prayer for you would be that you remain close to God so that He is able to whisper His discernment into your ear so that you can share God's wisdom into their lives. May you remain within God's covering of peace over your life as you influence the community around you.

Shalom

PS: - As you bless others with Godly advice, may your cares also be resolved so that you too are blessed by God in your life.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I worked in a bakery, me and my coworker would go against the rules and take some of the baked goods home. I took some to my kids/husband, but I took a whole lot of it to a woman in the community who had very little money, food, etc.

We were instructed to throw out everything that didn't sell, except certain things ...and were allowed to take a dozen donuts/pastries home. The rest was to be thrown away and he counted those as "losses." He said that donating them would be less profitable. (Sigh) So, we would "throw them away" into a sterile plastic bag ...and then take them and give them away.

We cleaned that place top to bottom (nearly) every day with bleach water. Very toxic ... but no bugs or germs thrived there. And in between preparing baked items, we'd better not be seen standing ...we had to be wiping counters back down, sweeping, mopping... shining glass cases, etc. We never sat down for 8 hours unless we went to the bathroom. lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I worked in a bakery, me and my coworker would go against the rules and take some of the baked goods home. I took some to my kids/husband, but I took a whole lot of it to a woman in the community who had very little money, food, etc.

We were instructed to throw out everything that didn't sell, except certain things ...and were allowed to take a dozen donuts/pastries home. The rest was to be thrown away and he counted those as "losses." He said that donating them would be less profitable. (Sigh) So, we would "throw them away" into a sterile plastic bag ...and then take them and give them away.

We cleaned that place top to bottom (nearly) every day with bleach water. Very toxic ... but no bugs or germs thrived there. And in between preparing baked items, we'd better not be seen standing ...we had to be wiping counters back down, sweeping, mopping... shining glass cases, etc. We never sat down for 8 hours unless we went to the bathroom. lol
Yes indeed dear sister . Taking care of those who lack .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cleaned that place top to bottom (nearly) every day
I worded that incorrectly. We cleaned it every day with bleach water ...nearly top to bottom. The place had tall ceilings... lol.