Moses and Jesus ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
winc said:
Did Jesus Christ speak to Moses face to face and even inspire him to write what he wrote - winc
Paul said that no one has seen nor can see the Father. John said that the Son has made the Father known. Scripture says the Lord spoke face to face with Abraham, that had to be Jesus.

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
[SIZE=12pt]John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Christ created all things. This includes thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers. There is no doubt but that the ten commandments is included in the above. Without question though, one of the commandments was created by Christ, and that would be the fourth commandment at creation. For when He had finished creation, He blessed and sanctified the seventh day (Gen. 2:2&3).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]1 Cor 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. 9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]It was Christ who lead the children of Israel through the wilderness, where they received the law from the same. It was Christ that they tempted during the same, and were destroyed of the serpents. It has always been Christ who has dealt with humanity since the fall. He is the person of the Godhead through whom humanity and God are reconciled. There is no other name in heaven or earth whereby we must be saved.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I do not mean to exclude the Father or the Spirit by saying all the above was Christ, for where the Father or Son or Spirit is, there also are the other two, for they are all one. Only once have they ever been separated by the death of the Son for our salvation. They cannot be separated by time or space or anything else. Where one is, there the others are also, for God is omnipresent, and they are God. It is therefore impossible that only one of them gave the law to Israel, for they are one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When God appeared to Moses in the burning bush, He was first referred to as the angel of the Lord, and then plainly referred to as the Lord. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Exod 3:2-4 "2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt. 4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]When Moses asked God in the burning bush who he should say had sent him to deliver Israel, Moses was to say that I Am hath sent you. When Christ was here on earth, he applied this same title, I AM, to himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Exodus 3 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]John 8 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Jesus Christ himself was telling the Jews that He was the angel in the burning bush speaking to Moses, and therefore was God. This the Jews understood, which is why they picked up rocks to stone him. It was the angel of the Lord within the burning bush who applied the title of I AM to himself, Christ applied the same title to himself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]This Angel of the Lord that appeared to many during the old covenant was Christ, which is why the Angel is not just called an Angel, but plainly the Lord.[/SIZE]

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Keeth excellent and exactly so - a pity not many know this or that He gave Moses the ten commandments and inspired what Moses wrote anand accepted and believed what he wrote - so just what did Moses write inspired by Him that he said we must also believe e.g.the six x 24hr days of creation when everything was created out of nothing in an instant on each of the six days complete and very good - humans and dinosaurs were created at the same time on day six - earth created before the sun - chicken before the egg - oak before the acorn -global flood - Adam and Eve etc - how many bogus Christians do you know that do not accept what Jesus Christ accepted and said we must accept - winc

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
winc,

In my estimation, Moses spoke directly with God (Father, Son & Spirit). He did not see God's face or full glory as we read elsewhere. However, he did draw near to the very presence of God and God spoke with him in plain terms. Since the OT does not distinguish the persons of the Trinity in explicit terms, we can only assume that the persons of God (Father, Son, and Spirit) were all present. I don't think the three persons of the Trinity have separate zip codes, so we should assume that if a person speaks with God in the Scriptures, that they are speaking with the fullness of God. Even in the life of Jesus we see him being one who is full of the Spirit and is doing the will of the Father. If you see Jesus, you have seen the Father, as a manner of speaking.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
winc said:
Did Jesus Christ speak to Moses face to face and even inspire him to write what he wrote - winc
All scripture is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16)... and no scripture is the writer's own interpretation of what God inspired them to write (2 Peter 1:20). The writers of the Bible were completely controlled by the Holy Spirit while they wrote (2 Peter 1:21).

The problems we readers have stem from our using our own reasoning power, instead of the Holy Spirit, to determine the meaning of scripture (2 Timothy 4:3).

As much as it took the Holy Spirit to guide the writers, it takes Him to guide our understanding of it as well. (Matthew 13:15 and Luke 24:32 & 45)

Keeth

Apr 11, 2015
winc said:
Keeth excellent and exactly so - a pity not many know this or that He gave Moses the ten commandments and inspired what Moses wrote anand accepted and believed what he wrote - so just what did Moses write inspired by Him that he said we must also believe e.g.the six x 24hr days of creation when everything was created out of nothing in an instant on each of the six days complete and very good - humans and dinosaurs were created at the same time on day six - earth created before the sun - chicken before the egg - oak before the acorn -global flood - Adam and Eve etc - how many bogus Christians do you know that do not accept what Jesus Christ accepted and said we must accept - winc
There is a lot of confusion out there, and in our own minds as the Devil would have it. May God grant us all greater ability to untangle the same, that His true charecter might be clearly revealed and all the more be drawn to Him through Jesus Christ, in whom "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
winc said:
It was the Lord I don't think it matters if it was the Father, The Son or the Spirit.