Most accurate modern translation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Us could be a bunch of spirit beings
Image seems to be spirit since that's the image of God. God is Spirit and He is Holy which is why He is often referred to as the Holy Spirit.
John 1
...and apart from him was nothing created.
You have created beings creating the first created item.

Jn
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Cue watchtower leaders clinching their fists in defeat.
Lol

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1

Jn
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

Lol
What is a watchtower?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We will note you never addressed the creation issue.
Surely your superiors are disappointed.
But maybe I have once again pointed out that your perverting of Gods word leads to a blatant impasse every time
I'm not sure how I have not addressed the creation issue. What did I miss?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is a watchtower?
Good question @Peterlag …..some here seem to think that a legally registered printing facility (“The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society”) which prints Bibles and Bible literature for free distribution, is somehow a religious body responsible for the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The “Watchtower” magazine is one of the study tools we use at our Christian meetings but the content is written by Jehovah’s Witnesses…..our meetings are interactive and an opportunity for all to share additional information they may have gleaned from personal research, so that all in attendance can benefit.

The ”watchtower“ in Bible times was the place where guards were stationed on the walls of Jerusalem to warn of approaching danger…..the “watchman” had to alert the city if any activity was detected that could pose a threat, or that needed attention, so that all would be in a prepared state if the need arose…..if it proved to be a false alarm, then all went back to business as usual.…but the “watchman“ had done his job, demonstrating that he was doing what he was assigned to do.…“Keep on the watch”. (Matt 24:42-44)

“Jehovah’s Witnesses” OTOH, are a legally registered religious body who are the teachers of those who decide to become ”Witnesses for Jehovah”, (the God and Father of Jesus Christ, for whom he was a “faithful witness”. Rev 3:14). It is a decision freely made after careful Bible study, and a desire to commit themselves publicly by water baptism to become disciples of Christ Jesus, in following all his teaching, and in trying their best to imitate his example In their lives.

We can never seem to get that across to the blind haters, for reasons known only to themselves.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question @Peterlag …..some here seem to think that a legally registered printing facility (“The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society”) which prints Bibles and Bible literature for free distribution, is somehow a religious body responsible for the beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The “Watchtower” magazine is one of the study tools we use at our Christian meetings but the content is written by Jehovah’s Witnesses…..our meetings are interactive and an opportunity for all to share additional information they may have gleaned from personal research, so that all in attendance can benefit.

The ”watchtower“ in Bible times was the place where guards were stationed on the walls of Jerusalem to warn of approaching danger…..the “watchman” had to alert the city if any activity was detected that could pose a threat, or that needed attention, so that all would be in a prepared state if the need arose…..if it proved to be a false alarm, then all went back to business as usual.…but the “watchman“ had done his job, demonstrating that he was doing what he was assigned to do.…“Keep on the watch”. (Matt 24:42-44)

“Jehovah’s Witnesses” OTOH, are a legally registered religious body who are the teachers of those who decide to become ”Witnesses for Jehovah”, (the God and Father of Jesus Christ, for whom he was a “faithful witness”. Rev 3:14). It is a decision freely made after careful Bible study, and a desire to commit themselves publicly by water baptism to become disciples of Christ Jesus, in following all his teaching, and in trying their best to imitate his example In their lives.

We can never seem to get that across to the blind haters, for reasons known only to themselves.
Why do people keep telling me I'm with the Jehovah's Witness or the watchtower people?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why do people keep telling me I'm with the Jehovah's Witness or the watchtower people?
You have some similar beliefs to us…..one important one is that the trinity is false.….and a few other things.

Reactions: TheHC

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why. What does the Holy Spirit do?
you tell me

He is given by the father

Luke 11:13
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

Acts 5:32
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Romans 5:5

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

He is a teacher and a helper

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

He gives power

Acts 1:8
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

He can be resisted

Acts 7:51
"
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

He seals those who are Gods

Ephesians 1:13

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Not only does he seal us, he can be grieved

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

I can go on and on and on.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you tell me

He is given by the father

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

Romans 5:5

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

He is a teacher and a helper

Luke 12:12
For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

He gives power

Acts 1:8
But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

He can be resisted

Acts 7:51
"You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

He seals those who are Gods

Ephesians 1:13

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Not only does he seal us, he can be grieved

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

I can go on and on and on.
Oh for heavens sake...

The holy spirit in the following verses you quote are the gift which is our new birth. It is not God. We don't receive God. We receive His gift.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have some similar beliefs to us…..one important one is that the trinity is false.….and a few other things.
So they can't rap their head around that there are many groups who do not believe in the trinity. Thus, they have to think we all must be then just one group?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for heavens sake...

The holy spirit in the following verses you quote are the gift which is our new birth. It is not God. We don't receive God. We receive His gift.

For heavens sake is right.. How can you deny all the verses I gave yet still deny that the HS is a being, not a thing

He teaches

He seals

He comforts.

Its not a new birth, where do you get this from?

even in the one verse you posted. the holy spirit is a WHO, not a Thing.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they can't rap their head around that there are many groups who do not believe in the trinity. Thus, they have to think we all must be then just one group?
Many groups?

I know Jews and Islam do not believe in a triune God. what other christian groups do not believe it.

I only know of one group that calls themselves christian (Maybe two. Mormons believe Jesus and satan are brothers) .. What are the other groups?

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your own hate filled responses….you are a hater, not a debater….please learn the difference.
Mature people don’t need to resort to your own tactics. Grow up.
more nastiness.
Nothing about the verses I exposed of you guys error.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ascribing hate falsely is simply a tactic.
It is in Saul alenski's book" rules for radicals"
That tactic is used when they have lost the debate on facts or morals.
Attack the debater personally.
Your roots are again exposed.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1) you never have had "christian" meetings.
Christian have pillars of the faith.
The main pillar is the deity of Jesus.
Kick out that foundation, and destroy the faith.
So no, none of you are " Christian"
2) JEHOVAH testifies of the SON.
So I can not say watchtower adherents of a cult are "Jehovas witness"
You guys are far far far from Jehovah and Jesus.
You are watchtower.
I am Jehovas witness.
I testify of WHO JESUS IS.

I AM JEHOVAS WITNESS.
*****let me demonstrate.******
Jesus as God
He created all things

The Father calls Him God
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

Here is the creator at the beginning
Gen
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Jehovah Just witnessed VIVIDLY WHO JESUS IS.

YOU are NOT Jehovahs witness by any stretch of the imagination.
Every time you call yourself that, you slap God almighty in the face.
You walk up to him and slap him trying to destroy HIS WITNESS.

What a sad pit of your organization.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only logical answer would have to be nothing was with Him when He created the first being.
Logic is your downfall.
I have demonstrated you and your organization fail in discerning the Word of God.
You have logically trashed the deity of Jesus.
John 1
Kills all your argument.
Gen 1 also destroys your false logic.
Hebrew's 1 has the Father ascribing God to Jesus.
Angels and men worship Jesus.
WITHOUT ANY REBUKE.
He is worthy of my worship.
He is God.
Heaven and earth testify of your perversion of the bible and Jehovah and Jesus.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1

Jn

Lol
Ahem...Peter

Wonder why you did not and can not address this???????

Status
Not open for further replies.