Mother Teresa

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Mother Teresa in heaven?

• Total voters

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay..I can give you how I came 'here',
It was about 4 decades ago.
I heard a man preach and 'lay out' the trap that we are falling into re civil rights.
I'm not sure now if he was a christian lawyer or what, too long ago, so I foeget.
But he explained how if someone says -" I will give you the freedom to do thus and so". ( make it a law or whatever) ..it stands to reason that those same people can come along at a later date and say .." I now take back that freedom that I gave you." ( change the law)

We were all free anyway, we don't need a law to tell us that we are free to breath the air.
Freedom of speech was given, :rolleyes: freedom of speech can be removed ( and is)
We are already where we are at the place where there is only freedom of speech for some. It is even more obvious here in Canada.

PC is now a weapon of control for the governments. It is not for the benefit for anyone but the governments and One Worlders.
Control, control, control...until every man in the street, like the story of the frog boiled in warm water and slowly turning up the heat...he does not jump out, but gets cooked.

We are already "comfortable" with every movement we make being recorded on a camera somewhere.- " All for the good of the people and protection."
...Just wait.
The man in the street will just as soon be very comfortable with PC control.
"All for the good of people and protection"...just wait..

It's all Frog in water...we will sooner or later be 'cooked'.

On the sad and humorous side . Even the British sea side stand by= The Punch and Judy shows ...been going for many centuries now...we all managed to grow up safely...but no...they go overboard...PC has gone crazy ..just to see how much they can control us.

quote:- ( .probably more to UK than USA I don't know)

While political correctness has often been used correctly to help under-protected groups, there are many examples of overzealous decision makers taking it way too far. ( to test just how far they can go)

Here are just a few examples of some of the daftest PC decisions.
The clue is in the name: Dennis the Menace has always been a catapult-toting nuisance. Well, until now. *A makeover of the famous character, who first appeared in the Beano in 1951, was given a politically correct new look to make him less of a troublemaker. A source at BBC, who reworked the cartoon, said: “Dennis can’t be seen to use weapons and giving other kids grief in a BBC cartoon.” (Credit: Beano/BBC)

93440e61ae47aa9ab776254aa3e661f3

Punch & Judy gets the boot
Punch & Judy shows have been a staple of the British seaside for centuries.
In fact, its history stretches back to the diarist Samuel Pepys, who wrote about seeing a show in Covent Garden over 350 years ago.
That hasn’t stopped Barry Town Council from banning the show from a festival next month because of its “inappropriate hitting” – because it depicts violence. Blah blah blah
Eighty per cent in Canada say, "These days, it seems like you can't say anything without someone feeling offended."
Clearly, political correctness is on Canadians' minds. They believe that their language is being policed by unnamed forces. Three-quarters say they routinely hold their tongues in the presence of others, mostly to be polite, but also to avoid negative judgment.

Before we know it...we will be an openly communist country..
Oh right, I read somewhere about brother betraying brother, and the children their parents etc.....!!

Aspen, I guess it just brings us back to " Let every man be persuaded in his own mind." ;)
It probably sounds to you like fear mongering. But we are treading in the footsteps or those who paid the price before us...be it Russia, Rumania, Germany..where ever... My own brother says to me.." No, it wont happen here" ( uk) A friend of mine told me that her dad said that when they were still in Germany during the war. Did not, and would not believe the 'rumours' that they were hearing!!
But, it is and it will. PC is a controlling weapon. Time will tell.

Sorry, I know I am a lousy writer, and I can never get my words down well or express myself .
I should take lessons from @bbyrd009 he gets away with murder when he writes his short-hand. He is my champ.

Bless you...I hope you can make some head or tail of this. :p
And this comes for one of the main objectors to "Long Posts" !! :D
I agree totally.

I was talking to my baby 20yo about 'The Wind in the Willows' this Sunday and she said lets put it on, I have it on CD but it's the new PC version, my nipper would not watch it because it had lost all of it's true richness in flavour. but lucky we had a old VCR and went and hooked that up and it worked, so we watched the true version, it's magic simply splendid.
Mr Toad of Toad Hall, he reminds me of an idiot mate of mine down the road, he is a mixture of Mr Toad and Frank Spencer, but he has never watched both shows, so he claims. I say to him at times, you are Frank Spencer ant you.
You could never have a show with the likes of like Frank Spencer nowadays , Some mothers do 'ave 'em it's called, my nipper loved that show, but people her age don't know the show she says.

Another good show is called 'Monkey' with 52 story's about the budda, a story as long as life, set in the late 70's and now we have seen remakes of it of late, a brother text me that he had just seen the new version and was very dis pleased, it is totally destroyed as it's meaningless nonsense, but the original was great especially if you had the brain power to understand that the story's have a moral lesson in them that one can ponder over, you get no such thing with all the new movies as such is all just about nonsense now.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Reggie Belafonte

Oh NO...they haven't PC-ed Wind in the Willows!! What next. :(
What on earth was wrong with that...it has always been a wonderful story.

I saw it on the stage in London one Christmas when I was a teen it was magical , the cast put heart and soul into it...the animal head gear was perfect....in the middle of the show they had so many encores after the dance, no one would stop clapping or sit down...the poor thing had to do the 'duck dance' about three or four times, in the end they just bowed and took their head covers off, smiled, nodded at us and stood there panting.... they were dripping with sweat and staggered off the stage to get ready for the next scene... Wonderful.

At this rate our grand children will have no good memories :(

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I chose maybe, because no one knows what a person is thinking on their death bed about Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I told my sister about her friend. Her friend did not believe in God and was her best friend since she was a teenager .They were super close. He died from alcoholism, because he was ineligible for a new liver...I did get to tell him about Christ, but my sister would get very angry whenever I tried to, and would stop me. Well when he passed away my sister asked me if I thought he went to Hell. And I told her I could not judge...because the thief on the cross said "Lord, remember me..." And Christ said "Today you will be with me in Paradise." So maybe he did. I do pray he did. If anything good from this, my sister started studying scriptures. She is Jewish, but I pray just may be that she will find Christ. She is no Mother Theresa, but she is a wonderful mother of two beautiful daughters, and has a very big heart to help other people. But a lot of "good" people will be going to Hell, because they do not want to accept they need a Savior. I worry about my sister, but pray for her.

But yes, for her friend I don't know where he went. I know if he didn't accept Jesus though, he will be judged accordingly. This goes for anyone, including someone who did many good acts like Mother Theresa.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Matthew 7:21‭-‬27 KJV

The foundation has to be built first before good works can be added to it, or those works will not stand.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the sad and humorous side . Even the British sea side stand by= The Punch and Judy shows ...been going for many centuries now...we all managed to grow up safely...but no...they go overboard...PC has gone crazy ..just to see how much they can control us.

quote:- ( .probably more to UK than USA I don't know)

While political correctness has often been used correctly to help under-protected groups, there are many examples of overzealous decision makers taking it way too far. ( to test just how far they can go)

93440e61ae47aa9ab776254aa3e661f3

Punch & Judy gets the boot
Punch & Judy shows have been a staple of the British seaside for centuries.
In fact, its history stretches back to the diarist Samuel Pepys, who wrote about seeing a show in Covent Garden over 350 years ago.
That hasn’t stopped Barry Town Council from banning the show from a festival next month because of its “inappropriate hitting” – because it depicts violence. Blah blah blah
I just looked back at this older post and the Punch & Judy Show really caught my attention. I had never heard of it growing up in California in the 1940's and 1950's. Then in 1957 when I was 13 my school teacher, Mr. Flynn, decided to put on a Punch and Judy Show. Instead of using puppets we made it into a play with members of our class taking the roles.

There is a background story to me getting the part of Punch but the main thing I remember is the girl who got the part of Judy suggesting that we really kiss at the end. Of course, we did. I remember that but the 'hitting parts' scarcely come to mind any more. It was all simply good fun and everyone in the audience laughed.

I had studied and memorized all of those lines, but not a single word comes back to me now. But... it was important to our class and we held the play in the evening at the end of the school year open to the public and had a full house. For a short while I was a popular kid because I was Punch. Now, at least in England it is getting the boot. I guess the same thing is happening to many things in the USA today. As you mention, Dennis the Menace. I used to read Dennis in the funny papers as well as sometimes buying comic books about him. My memory has slipped as I said on the detail, but now perhaps soon the good memories will diminish unless they are related to something more "politically correct".

Reactions: Nancy and Helen