Movie trailers (doesn’t matter the rating)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to stick with innocent fun -

Watched The Big Year last week and it made the pretty innocent list. Mostly a comedy about birds and a lot of cool scenery.

It has Steve Martin in it. That's why I picked it. Lol

I prefer 1990s Chevy Chase family type movies.

I do get offended by movies.

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything on the idiot box these days is evil. I feel immune to it. Every show has a gay couple, crime, adultery and iniquity are glamorized. Family values are mocked. Every male head of the family is an idiot. Satan is indeed the prince of the power of the air.
I agree. A few good things here and there but most of it is intolerable.

My boy loves dog movies a lot and recently both of my kids are hooked on The Messengers (Christian animation).

I still like some old 70s family sitcoms, and Carol Burnett!!!

Before my time, but I don't care.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. A few good things here and there but most of it is intolerable.

My boy loves dog movies a lot and recently both of my kids are hooked on The Messengers (Christian animation).

I still like some old 70s family sitcoms, and Carol Burnett!!!

Before my time, but I don't care.
I like some modern stuff that is adult, but it can't have too much sex or violence in what I watch. Therefore I stick mostly to childrens movies.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was called 'The Code of a Killer' with David Threlfall as the dectective and John Simm as the scientist.
Ok. I now just have streaming as we don’t have much money. I found that my satellite service was a rip off anyway. I had to pay for 400 Chanel’s to get the four I watched. I do miss having the true crime channel though.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you for sharing AMA.

They currently have stargate for free:

That is very cool, thank you for sharing Devin.

IMHO the opening scene in WW II drama 12 O'clock High is the all-time best. I think it helps to have an understanding of the danger and bravery of those men in the 8th Air Force in the early days of the war.

Texbow, thank you for sharing.

Wake up Matthew!

Hello, quiet thinker, I’m awake.

I try to stick with innocent fun -

Watched The Big Year last week and it made the pretty innocent list. Mostly a comedy about birds and a lot of cool scenery.

It has Steve Martin in it. That's why I picked it. Lol

I prefer 1990s Chevy Chase family type movies.

I do get offended by movies.

Thank you for sharing, Fluffy and being honest about what offends you, it’s amazing how we are all different and what one likes to experiences and see as far the cinema.

Ok. I now just have streaming as we don’t have much money. I found that my satellite service was a rip off anyway. I had to pay for 400 Chanel’s to get the four I watched. I do miss having the true crime channel though.

Hello Mantis this is someone I watched for a period of time.

It’s amazing how we kind of like to see, and hear about the crimes that people commit. They are dark acts and people find it fascinating.

Reactions: Mantis

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me personally at this point in my walk of faith in trusting God. My sins have been forgiven and that is for my past, present, and future.

When I miss the mark it falls on me failing to have faith and love.
So just go right on ahead and feed your spirit on evil, rape some women, get drunk, rob a store .....since you're already forgiven. Live it up, dude!

Romans 6:1-23
[1]What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[2]God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
[3]Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[4]Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
[5]For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
[6]Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7]For he that is dead is freed from sin.
[8]Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
[9]Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
[10]For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
[11]Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[12]Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13]Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14]For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15]What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16]Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17]But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18]Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
[19]I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
[20]For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
[21]What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
[22]But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
[23]For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Psalm 101:3
[3]I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I don’t suppose it would be a good thing to rape or torture, or lie, or manipulate, or hate, or be greedy.

Movies are depictions of Art work (in my opinion). Just like books. Quoting scripture is a great way to renew a persons mind though, thank you for sharing it.

You know Jesus said that from the heart comes evil thoughts. So Jesus is the only one who can get rid of those evil thoughts and replace them with good things by the Holy Spirit which is given by God.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I don’t suppose it would be a good thing to rape or torture, or lie, or manipulate, or hate, or be greedy.

Movies are depictions of Art work (in my opinion). Just like books. Quoting scripture is a great way to renew a persons mind though, thank you for sharing it.

You know Jesus said that from the heart comes evil thoughts. So Jesus is the only one who can get rid of those evil thoughts and replace them with good things by the Holy Spirit which is given by God.
Why do you enjoy demonic and satanic movies??

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the freedom to watch it if so desire to go see a horror movie or whatever.

Some people may be offended by that and choose not to watch those types of movies, I would not bring someone to the movies with me who understands that violence may be in the movie or drug usage.

There are people are very strict in what they allow themselves to view and they have that right. I would no way impose for them to come watch something with me if they are offended by what May partake in the movie.

I believe I have ultimate liberty in Christ to live my life and what doesn’t offend me I can allow myself to go and see.

It’s so awesome to know God through Christ reconciled the world back unto himself paying for all mankind’s sins and the biggest change for a person is their heart when they become a believer. It’s where we put God first in the throne of heart and love him and have love for others and respect them in their decisions though always speak the truth of how Jesus Christ is the solution to every type of problem that may arise because it’s ourselves who can cause our own demise.

“Do you have faith? Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:22-23‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

It is not what enters the temple that defiles it, but what leaves the temple. There are judges and attorneys, law enforcement that are subject to things more true and evil than what are in movies. And it is good that they watch over the people and protect them from such evil as that which they must witness.

Mark 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have lots of stuff like that - rescue dogs, training dogs and wildlife shows and nature etc.
I love the Benefits Britain shows ,the Sheriff shows, Father Ted, and the Vicar of Dibley.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love the Benefits Britain shows ,the Sheriff shows, Father Ted, and the Vicar of Dibley.
I used to like the Vicar of Dibley when it was first aired but I don't know the others.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watch the Sheriffs are Coming on you tube as well as Benefits.