Muhammad Ali

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Muhammad Ali passed away...he was a idealistic young man back in the days of the beginning of his career, and after....he stood up for what he thought was right. He stood up against the Viet Nam war, and was willing to give up three years of his lucrative career for this ideal...and he tried to help out where he could.Sure he was mouthy, but he could back up what he said both verbally and in the ring....Rest in peace, we love you Muhammad Ali!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was never really a boxing fan, but I loved watching Muhammad Ali move in the ring, the man had style and power and wasn't afraid of public opinion or government pressure. He also knew how to entertain people and draw public interest. His banter and histrionics with Howard Cosell always gave me a laugh and while he called himself "the greatest," he still had an appearance of humility that didn't seem contrived. I don't know why he rejected Christ, but I suspect it had more to do with rejecting "Christians" considering the way he was treated. The Lord only knows.

He floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee,
and stood up as a man for the whole world to see.
He inspired a generation of young men with his stand,
with integrity and character he met men's' demands.
His heart wanted people to live peacefully and free,
that was the man we called Muhammad Ali.