Muhammed Cartoons: Showing True Colors?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, unless you live in a cave, you've probably heard something or another about the riots, death, and destruction that is taking place in the Muslim world over the not so recent publication of cartoons depicting the prophet Muhammed in various forms.What are your opinions on the events? Is this something limited to that "radical" element of Islam or is this exposing the true nature of a religion that is much more violent than anyone is willing to admit?

Jesse

Apr 2, 2006
This isn't Islam exposing their colors, we've known how violent and unreasonable they've been for hundreds of years. We've just chosen to ignore it

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, I must say that I agree with you. It just gets me how this "small/tiny/etc." zealot group continues to grow yet no one wants to acknowledge the problem. However, as a Christian, I believe this can quite easily be explained.

Jesse

Apr 2, 2006
Yes, and I don't think it's a problem that will just solve itself. Reasoning with them doesn't work, and, as they say, the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results

ArmyMissionary

Apr 2, 2006
Islam is a religon, and I agree to that, but they cause a whole lot of violence, and just about everyone, with a right mind knows that. I've acually studied some of their religon in my "Geography" Class. I think that we've just chosen to ignore it. The muhammed cartoons are pretty mean, but I really don't see what the problem is. Sure their really biased, but still. It shouldn't matter that match to them, becuase they know they cause violence.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've done some independent studies myself - reading actual verses on the quran and whatnot. I've also read a couple books written by some converts away from Islam and it's truly scary how dangerous it is for them. Their own family members would turn their backs on them or even have them killed in some instances if they convert away from Islam.It's just a little bit ironic to me how much of the media and others are so quick so paint this rosy picture of the "majority" of Islam and yet many of the same faces are quick to call Christianity down because they might not have the same ideals. The recent "Go away Christian facists" chant comes to mind for one.I also heard a lot of people who lumped all religion in when the protests happened which shows nothing but ignorance in my view. Christ is portrayed and mocked often yet I don't see Christian rioters killing, kidnapping, and destroying private property everytime it occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.