My 'brush' with Baptism in the Holy Spirit.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 16:4 KJV
[4] A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Or this @The wind

Tecarta Bible

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 6:40 King James Version (KJV)
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Galatians 3:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

As it is written, you have neither part nor lot in this matter.
What does any of this have to do with a vision of the crucifixion?

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[4] A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Or this @The wind

Tecarta Bible
Or this @The wind

Tecarta Bible

What man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

We speak that we do know and testify that we have seen: and you receive not our witness.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

We speak that we do know and testify that we have seen: and you receive not our witness.
Ok you do realize that the apostles saw Christ crucified?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness likewise was the son of God lifted up. Go learn what that means.
It was foreshadowing to the crucifixion. But that still doesn't explain your point of having a vision of the crucifixion. What do you mean? Why will you not answer this SIMPLE question for clarification?

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 14:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Where there is no vision the people perish: but he that keeps the law of Christ, happy is he.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where there is no vision the people perish: but he that keeps the law of Christ, happy is he.
This still has nothing to do with a vision of the crucifixion.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You still have yet to reconcile the scripture I presented. Here it is once more.

John 20:29-31 KJV
[29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. [30] And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: [31] But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Tecarta Bible

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do any of us agree on everything? But if you think you maybe shouldn't continue, maybe you shouldn't. I don't think forums are actually conducive to true discipling. I think we should only participate to the extent our conscience tells us to.

Much love!
No, we don't agree on everything, but as to forums? They are better for many folk than what is common in most church meetings of my experience setting where the practice of quenching the Holy Spirit is the norm.

Here, on this forum, people may quench the Spirit or introduce evil spirits or almost anything else. It causes a lot problems, but it also opens up a lot of possibilities for God to do His thing that a Spirit quenching church works hard to make impossible.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we don't agree on everything, but as to forums? They are better for many folk than what is common in most church meetings of my experience setting where the practice of quenching the Holy Spirit is the norm.

Here, on this forum, people may quench the Spirit or introduce evil spirits or almost anything else. It causes a lot problems, but it also opens up a lot of possibilities for God to do His thing that a Spirit quenching church works hard to make impossible.
What I like about the forum is it encourages self think.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I like about the forum is it encourages self think.
The lack a stronger moderation which all of us at times complain about... also makes it possible to really consider some ideas because someone is allowed to 'speak' them and not have deleted as inappropriate. Who can or should decide what is inappropriate?

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is profound! Yes, that is frighteningly true I think!

Much love!
Probably some people on this forum do not understand that the Holy Spirit is being quenched. Perhaps they do not have the Holy Spirit themselves or they have quenched the Spirit so much and so often that they themselves have herded themselves into a delusion.

What does it means to lose one's first love?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably some people on this forum do not understand that the Holy Spirit is being quenched. Perhaps they do not have the Holy Spirit themselves or they have quenched the Spirit so much and so often that they themselves have herded themselves into a delusion.

I understand what your saying John, charity believes all things hopes all things, but aren’t I obligated also to be sober minded?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Forget He's here. Lose track of His presence.

Yes, I think people are used to the idea of not always being conscious of God's presence. I mean, we get distracted by things, but maybe that first love being lost is losing Him. Losing the knowledge of His loving presence.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what your saying John, charity believes all things hopes all things, but aren’t I obligated also to be sober minded?
Certainly, but is there not a proper time for each of opposing decisions, opinions, attitudes, emotions, etc.?

The key, as I understand it, to get behind God and stay there. He will never lead us wrong... and this is the reason we need to have the Holy Spirit in us. He is to be our eyes and our ears. If He is always right here within me, should I not then know what I need to know or do in this moment, in this situation, or in that one?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

Doesn't the Holy Spirit know what time it is?

But then...

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Who is our Director?

"For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause." II Cor 5:13

His cause should be our cause, should it not? And our Director should be the Holy Spirit, should it not?

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forget He's here. Lose track of His presence.

Yes, I think people are used to the idea of not always being conscious of God's presence. I mean, we get distracted by things, but maybe that first love being lost is losing Him. Losing the knowledge of His loving presence.

Much love!
Unfortunately some people who have been close to God, I believe, have developed a church time attitude. They really try to get into the Spirit [whatever that means] when they are in a designated church service/prayer meeting but they allowed themselves to get distracted. Perhaps it happens first when they are away from God's people, but then when important events are on the schedule right after "church", such as dinner or a movie or a ballgame, they get distracted even during the special time that is supposed to belong to God.

We should never be distracted from God no matter how important something are doing is. If it really is important God knows that as well and will help us...

People who heard or read the Bible all of their lives get to the point where they are skimming right over the top of the words of scripture and then what was the Word of God no long is... not to them. They can't see them! They can't hear them!

What should these words Paul wrote mean to us?

"Pray without ceasing." I Thess 5:17

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" Phil 4:4

These are impossible things for men, but for God in a man they are not!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly, but is there not a proper time for each of opposing decisions, opinions, attitudes, emotions, etc.?

The key, as I understand it, to get behind God and stay there. He will never lead us wrong... and this is the reason we need to have the Holy Spirit in us. He is to be our eyes and our ears. If He is always right here within me, should I not then know what I need to know or do in this moment, in this situation, or in that one?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

Doesn't the Holy Spirit know what time it is?

But then...

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Who is our Director?

"For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause." II Cor 5:13

His cause should be our cause, should it not? And our Director should be the Holy Spirit, should it not?
I agree His cause should be ours, and as you stated below Paul writes rejoice. The way I understand it was he was in a hole in the ground in Rome, where the sewer ran through. This is a hard thing to receive..... the life of Christ manifested.

How do we die?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus