My decision on the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

doc8645

Jul 7, 2007
Hi Kriss, you mentioned that " the Apostle Paul said the Sabbath was not for him" twice, but I'll have to differ on that unless you can provide some plain scripture that says that. Also, not to be dense, but I'm at a loss to understand this theory about Jesus fullfilling the law and being the Sabbath. I was under the impression that what was fullfilled was what always took place at the tabernacle and that we couldn't do, which was to conquer temptation, live a perfect life and fullfill the requirement for us of the redemption from sin thru His death and resurrection to which we have access to by grace and faith, whereas on the Sabbath we pray, worship, communicate, acknowledge, and commenserate that gift Jesus provided for us. And yes, I've heard it stated before that John stating "the Lord's Day" was somehow attributed to the first day of the week which is rather puzzling to me not to mention completely illogical given the fact as I've already mentioned that he was a Jewish Sabbath keeper following Jesus' habits, plus, in the very book in question (Revelation) he mentions to keep the Commandments (not laws) three different times: Rev.12:17, Rev.14:12, and Rev.22:14, and yet stranger that he dosen't mention the change of worship on the first day as a significant change. Just a thought. I won't go into Col. and Gal. examples as I just don't think we will see eye to eye on our different interpretations as I don't feel the controversy is centered on the Commandments but rather on what Paul constantly points out about the flesh and circumcistion and the laws and ordinances the Jews were trying to get the new converts to obey, so I'll just leave it at that, if thats all right.doc8645

RND

May 30, 2007
(kriss;13284)
It isn't even applicable sense the bible doesn't say he changed it he became it(our Sabbath)rest.
I agree, Jesus is our sabbath rest. But how does Jesus symbolically becoming our sabbath rest cancelled the actual day of convocation? Jesus also is the symbolic head of the nation of Israel, or more proper Israel itself, yet I wasn't born an Israelite.I can only be an Israelite by adoption. Hence, the scripture itself plainly states that the the stranger (gentiles) will join themselves to the Lord.Isaiah 56:2Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing anyIsaiah 56:6Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Which is why the Jews still observe it they never accepted Christ( our Sabbath) so they must still observe the day we are not subject to it because Christ is our Sabbath.
What about Messianic Jews? They accept Jesus as the Messiah, yet keep all their traditions, including the sabbath, the 4th Commandment.
This is why its ok to worship on Sunday or any other day as the Sabbath for the Christian has nothing to do with a day of the week.
If that was the case it seemingly would be very easy to find such a commandment in scripture. But sadly, for you, it is not.The 4th commandment says, "Remember....." but you are suggesting it is o.k. for a Christian to 'forget.' Certainly, you would do well to have an actual verse that says to forget the 4th commandment.Or are they really just the 10 suggestions?
It is also why it is mentioned once in the new testament why Paul said it wasn't for him.
Paul never said such a thing, and routetinely kept the sabbath and preached on it. (Acts 13, 14, 17, 18) At his trial before the sandehdrin he was not accused of breaking any laws that could have led to death and was instead charged for preaching Jesus. See Acts 22 and 23.
The christians sabbath(rest) is our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ.
Hebrews is clear.Hebrews 4:9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.Rest = Sabbatimos or "a keeping of the sabbath." See Strongs #4520 - Sabbatimos

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If we agree Christ became our Sabbath(rest) He did not do so untill after his death on the cross. Any thing refering to a sigle day therefore was transformed into Christ himself. This is why Christ had very little concern with the day.(Sabbath) As you can see below. He knew it had nothing to do with days.No where after his death does he specifify any certain day of the week to worship.neither Saturday nor Sunday.If you are of the Elect you should know of the Lords day and worship him everyday. And if he was transformed into the Sabbath then the Sabbath day is the Lords day. Do not forget he is returning. (message of the 4th comm.) Jesus at a Pharisee's House Luke14:1 One Sabbath, when Jesus went to eat in the house of a prominent Pharisee, he was being carefully watched. 2There in front of him was a man suffering from dropsy. 3Jesus asked the Pharisees and experts in the law, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?" 4But they remained silent. So taking hold of the man, he healed him and sent him away. 5Then he asked them, "If one of you has a son[a] or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull him out?" 6And they had nothing to say.This is whyAnd your messanic Jews is common sense yes they still observe it but as I have said there is nothing wrong with this but thats not the same as requirement.futher more the days of the week were not even named till about 200A.D. and man named them not God

brotherbernard

Jul 11, 2007
Greetings,The sabbath debate has a very long history my friends, going back to the first century conflict between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians. I am sure that you will find a great deal of information concerning this if you browse the web. Having said that, allow me to say that Christ and Christ alone should be your center of focus when attempting to understand how God's word in the scriptures should be applied to Christians. He is the interpretive filter through which all things have their fulfillment and significance. Ask yourself how the principle of the sabbath (I assume you are referring to the OT institution covenanted between Yahweh and Israel) finds its fulfillment in Christ and go from there. Also, be persuaded in your own mind what is "good" for you at this time (the Holy Spirit will guide you in this). Remember, some honor one day, some honor another, and some honor all days alike. Keep in mind too, that the majority of Christians are "gentiles", from a biblical point of view, not Hebrew Christians and so we are not obligated to carry the yoke of the Sinai covenant (consider James' response to Paul regarding the requirements of Gentile Christians found in Acts 15:19ff). Personally, I believe that there remains a Sabbath for the people of God. It is found and experienced in the rest we find in Christ leading to the promised kingdom of God, but that is just my own humble perspective.Please, do not become embroiled with controversies. Far too many times points of theological debate are used to judge the standing of our Christian brothers and sisters (I know from experience where this is going 3 angels). Do not let the sabbath issue degrade into another example of this unChristian behavior. Peace to you all.Christ plus nothingBrother Bernard

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well said, Bernard.Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:Jesus taught on the sabbath. Jesus healed on the sabbath. The powers at be sought to kill him because of this.Let's look at Hebrews 4:Hebrews 4:1-7Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.Hebrews 4:8-11For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.I suppose if you see fit to read this as talking about a day, go ahead. However, this rest is something much more profound than that. This sabbath is ours 24/7 regardless of the day of the week.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I realize this to be a fact that this has truly been argued for a long time my problem comes when you attempt to interpet scripture through this belief. Another words whether or not you worship on Saturday or Sunday is a matter of choice.and debate true If you interpt scripture through this belief. it is no longer is just about which day to rest. It becomes putting a Day of the week before the words of scripture. This was Jesus's very complaint with the Jews that they were putting the ritual of the day before the true meaning of Sabbath.As Denver says:Jesus taught on the sabbath. Jesus healed on the sabbath. The powers at be sought to kill him because of this.Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:Why would Jesus have taken this day so lightly if it was truly a Law of his Father. The answer is he wouldn't have. If it had been about a "Day"of the week. He knew the day of the week mattered not. That he would become our Rest. The Jews didnt understand this

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(doc8645;13294)
Hi Kriss, you mentioned that " the Apostle Paul said the Sabbath was not for him" twice, but I'll have to differ on that unless you can provide some plain scripture that says that. Also, not to be dense, but I'm at a loss to understand this theory about Jesus fullfilling the law and being the Sabbath. I was under the impression that what was fullfilled was what always took place at the tabernacle and that we couldn't do, which was to conquer temptation, live a perfect life and fullfill the requirement for us of the redemption from sin thru His death and resurrection to which we have access to by grace and faith, whereas on the Sabbath we pray, worship, communicate, acknowledge, and commenserate that gift Jesus provided for us. And yes, I've heard it stated before that John stating "the Lord's Day" was somehow attributed to the first day of the week which is rather puzzling to me not to mention completely illogical given the fact as I've already mentioned that he was a Jewish Sabbath keeper following Jesus' habits, plus, in the very book in question (Revelation) he mentions to keep the Commandments (not laws) three different times: Rev.12:17, Rev.14:12, and Rev.22:14, and yet stranger that he dosen't mention the change of worship on the first day as a significant change. Just a thought. I won't go into Col. and Gal. examples as I just don't think we will see eye to eye on our different interpretations as I don't feel the controversy is centered on the Commandments but rather on what Paul constantly points out about the flesh and circumcistion and the laws and ordinances the Jews were trying to get the new converts to obey, so I'll just leave it at that, if thats all right.doc8645
The Lord Jesus did not change the law. "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled" (Mt. 5:17-18).With his death on the cross Jesus became our rest (sabbath)The Apostle Paul plainly taught that Sabbath keeping is not binding upon New Testament believers. To observe or not to observe holy days is a matter of individual Christian liberty. "One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind" (Rom. 14:5). According to the Bible, the reason Paul visited synagogues on the Sabbath was to preach the gospel. Paul’s burden after conversion was to preach Christ. He was burdened for his own people, the Jews. So, he went where the Jews were to preach Christ to them. Consider Acts 13:14-44; 16:13-14; 17:2-4; and 18:4. "And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures."The fact that Paul went to synagogues on Sabbaths does not prove he kept the Sabbath law any more than his going to the feasts in Jerusalem proves he believed himself bound to the laws of the feasts. He felt bound to none of these things. He was free in Christ. He went as a soul winner to witness to his kinsmen of the freedom in Christ that he himself enjoyedIn all the instruction God gave the churches in the epistles, there is only one mention of the Sabbath—Colossians 2:16—and that one mention was only to show that it is not binding upon New Testament believers. The New Testament plainly teaches that the believer today is not bound to the Sabbath law! "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon, or of the Sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Col. 2:16-17).Ps I'm not sure what you were saying about Statutes and Ordinances but they were all made obsolete or fulfilled in Christ.The circumcision now in affect is circumcision of the heart

Brett

May 25, 2007
Ok, my mistake, and in a way a big one. I should have said the day of worship and not the sabbath. My apologies to anyone offended and I should have made myself more clear. Am I happy with my decision? Yes, why whats the problem if I worship on Sunday? Am I not to be judged on that matter as the Bible says? Yeah, Im happy and have no problems with it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Dont worry about it these threads take on a life of there own:) And you are right about your day of worship. The christian isnt held to any particular day. Colossians 2:16

RND

May 30, 2007
(brotherbernard;13306)
(I assume you are referring to the OT institution covenanted between Yahweh and Israel)
It is important to note that the Sabbath was kept before the giving of the law on Mt. Sinai (10 Commandments) and that law was the basis for the Ark of the Covenant. See Exodus 16.
Also, be persuaded in your own mind what is "good" for you at this time (the Holy Spirit will guide you in this). Remember, some honor one day, some honor another, and some honor all days alike.
This might work, except Romans 14 isn't speaking of the sabbath, but rather foods sacrificed to idols.
Keep in mind too, that the majority of Christians are "gentiles", from a biblical point of view, not Hebrew Christians and so we are not obligated to carry the yoke of the Sinai covenant (consider James' response to Paul regarding the requirements of Gentile Christians found in Acts 15:19ff).
There are four requirements laid down by the council of Jerusalem for the gentiles to observe: 1) abstain from meats strangled, 2) abstain from idol worship. 3) the eating of blood, and 4) from fornication.Was the council at Jerusalem giving their tacit consent to murder, robbery, lying, disrespecting parents, or coveting others property because they did not mention those things either?Using Acts 15 as an argument against keeping the 4th Commandment is a rather poor argument.
Personally, I believe that there remains a Sabbath for the people of God. It is found and experienced in the rest we find in Christ leading to the promised kingdom of God, but that is just my own humble perspective.
To believe this is to believe scripture.Hebrews 4:9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.Rest = Sabbatimos or "a keeping of the sabbath." See Strongs #4520 - Sabbatimos
Please, do not become embroiled with controversies. Far too many times points of theological debate are used to judge the standing of our Christian brothers and sisters (I know from experience where this is going 3 angels). Do not let the sabbath issue degrade into another example of this unChristian behavior. Peace to you all.
Have you noticed any?

RND

May 30, 2007
(Denver;13308)
Jesus taught on the sabbath. Jesus healed on the sabbath. The powers at be sought to kill him because of this.
If Jesus did these things and He is our example (1 John 2:6), then why should we stop doing these things on the sabbath?Jesus, and the Bible are clear that even though the High Priests worked and committed their duty's on the Sabbath they were held blameless.Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
I suppose if you see fit to read this as talking about a day, go ahead.
Well, Hebrews 4 clearly is referring to a "sabbath" remaining.
However, this rest is something much more profound than that. This sabbath is ours 24/7 regardless of the day of the week.
So we are to not work 24/7/365 and just 'rest' the remainder of our days?

RND

May 30, 2007
(Brett;13327)
Yes, why whats the problem if I worship on Sunday?
Because you are recognizing and being obedient to man's ways and man's traditions, and not he Lord's. Sunday gathering and worship is tradition, it isn't Bibical.There is no commandment in the NT changing the sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.Matthew 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?Matthew 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.Mark 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, [as] the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.Mark 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.The Sabbath is clearly God's tradition and His day. He made it, blessed it and sanctified it. All things were made by and for Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:16) and this would include the 10 Commandments. If we love Jesus we will keep His commandments (John 14:15).And this is love, that we walk after His commandments (2 John 6).Love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10)Bewary of what other's tell you about the traditions of men and stick to what the Bible clearly says.Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are correct RND there is no scripture changing the worship day to Sunday there also is no scripture after the death on the cross maintaing a worship day as Satuday. Christ is our Rest period no more. It no longer has anything to do with a Day of the week. Sabbath means rest, and we are to rest in the Father everyday! We gather together with others to fellowship and uplift each other, but our Sabbath (rest) should be in Father everyday.You talk out of both sides of your mouth when you argue that on one hand Christ is our rest(sabbath)on the other hand it is a day of the week. Are you then reducing Christ to a Day? He is either our rest or he isnt.and dont give me Hebrews 4 because thats not what it means..

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hebrews 4:9 is not about a day. Hebrews 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."The "rest" as used here is "sabbath", used differently then the rest used in prior verses. It is "#4520 in Strong's numbered Greek dictionary, "Sabbatismos, sab-bat-os-mos', a sabbatism, i.e. the repose of Christianity." "Repose" is a calm or peace that comes over you when you place all your trust in Christ. When you accept Christ, you are in Him, and He becomes your sabbath. Your work then of planting seeds of the Word is seven days a week, and there isn't one day set aside, but all days are set aside for Christ. You rest in Christ, because He is your rest. A day cannot bring you rest, only God can. Hebrews 4:10 "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His."When you have entered into the rest that is in Christ, then you cease from doing the sinful works of the flesh that is of the world. The focus of what you do is for the glory of God, not of your own self gratification, or worldly gain. Even the occupation that you have to gain a living becomes centered around letting others know about Christ, every part of your work becomes an act done to glorify God, and draw attention to Him. Before Christ entered your life, those worldly chores were a drudge, but after you learn to rest in Christ, those same tasks to earn a living for your family will seem so much easier. Hebrews 4:11 "Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, least any man fall after the same example of unbelief."The rest must follow the labor, or there will be no rest or peace of mind. Most preachers today are promoting the idea that (all you have to do is believe), but there is work that comes first, and that is in your study of God's Word. That is where we get our instruction from, and unbelief or confusion is cleared up. When there is confusion, there is unbelief, and this is what causes a person will fall. While you are laboring in your studies with God's Word, the Spirit of God will clear up the confusion, and give you rest in Christ. Paul is using the example here of those children of Israel in the wilderness, that allowed their limitation and unbelief expire and leave them in the wilderness. It is not good to use fear tactics to teach the love of our Heavenly Father, but in this example it should be said that there is a time period, and eventually that period runs out. It could come to an end with the close of this age, the Millennium age, or even as soon as the death of your physical body, but when it ends there is accountability.As I said above either Christ is our Sabbath (REST) or a day is not both.

RND

May 30, 2007
(kriss;13353)
You are correct RND there is no scripture changing the worship day to Sunday there also is no scripture after the death on the cross maintaing a worship day as Satuday. Christ is our Rest period no more.
So if there was no commandment to stop recognizing the Sabbath why do Christians do it?
It no longer has anything to do with a Day of the week. Sabbath means rest, and we are to rest in the Father everyday! We gather together with others to fellowship and uplift each other, but our Sabbath (rest) should be in Father everyday.
No doubt we should worship the Lord everyday, but the Sabbath was a day set aside for us to rest from our earthly labors and recognize the creation of God. If we rest everyday when do we work? Whenever we want?
You talk out of both sides of your mouth when you argue that on one hand Christ is our rest(sabbath)on the other hand it is a day of the week. Are you then reducing Christ to a Day?
No, we are to worship Christ and our Father in Heaven everyday in every thought, deed, action and conversation. With that said it is clear from scripture that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves on God's Holy Day. Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.Psalm 107:32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.God clearly calls the sabbath His Holy Day.Isaiah 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:
He is either our rest or he isnt.and dont give me Hebrews 4 because thats not what it means.
Uh, sorry. That's exactly what it means, but none the less we rest in the mercy and grace provided by Christ's sacrifice that's for sure. But knowing that, does his death on the cross excuse lawlessness? Did Christ die on the cross so people can continue in sin or turn away from sin?

RND

May 30, 2007
(kriss;13354)
Hebrews 4:9 is not about a day. Hebrews 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God."The "rest" as used here is "sabbath", used differently then the rest used in prior verses.
That's because the other verses that use 'rest' in Hebrews for mean actual 'rest' not sabbath.Hebrews 4:9 "There remaineth therefore a rest (a sabbath) to the people of God."Not done away with. Not Sunday over Saturday, but a sabbath remains for the people of God.
It is "#4520 in Strong's numbered Greek dictionary, "Sabbatismos, sab-bat-os-mos', a sabbatism, i.e. the repose of Christianity." "Repose" is a calm or peace that comes over you when you place all your trust in Christ. When you accept Christ, you are in Him, and He becomes your sabbath. Your work then of planting seeds of the Word is seven days a week, and there isn't one day set aside, but all days are set aside for Christ. You rest in Christ, because He is your rest. A day cannot bring you rest, only God can.
This is true, but there remains a day where those can gather together and enjoy and remember that God rested from all His works on His Holy Day, that He blessed His Holy Day, and that He sanctified His Holy Day!
Hebrews 4:10 "For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His."
Amen!
When you have entered into the rest that is in Christ, then you cease from doing the sinful works of the flesh that is of the world.
You mean like negleting and not respecting God's sabbath day? Too bad Sunday keepers don't do this.
The focus of what you do is for the glory of God, not of your own self gratification, or worldly gain.
Indeed, this is what the sabbath is all about. Otherwise, we would all be lazy and not work and let somebody else worry about things.Good thing that Paul continued to work during his ministry.
Even the occupation that you have to gain a living becomes centered around letting others know about Christ, every part of your work becomes an act done to glorify God, and draw attention to Him.
Indeed! That why when people ask me if I can come to their house on Saturday I tell them no. But I can come out Sunday!
Before Christ entered your life, those worldly chores were a drudge, but after you learn to rest in Christ, those same tasks to earn a living for your family will seem so much easier.
Indeed! Without the sabbath I'd be chasing mammon 7 days a week instead of just 6!

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(Brett;13327)
Am I happy with my decision? Yes, why whats the problem if I worship on Sunday? Am I not to be judged on that matter as the Bible says? Yeah, Im happy and have no problems with it.
I asked if you were happy with it because, to me, it does seem hard to tell from the bible if Saturday is still required. And it is a 10 commandment. So it is the sort of thing that could sit uneasily on someone, unless tradition mattered to them. So I just wondered, and you seemed to be sharing the decision process with us, with your two threads. So I thought it would be okay to ask. You're a guy, though, and it is a rather girlish question.
wink.gif
I have no problem with you if you worship on Sunday. I did not mean to imply otherwise. I'm sorry if I did.
sad.gif

brotherbernard

Jul 11, 2007
I will say this kindly, but I will say it. I know you very well RND. I studied in your schools and at your seminary. I preached from your pulpits. Your gospel is the 7th day Sabbath and you beat that Sabbath drum until nothing else can be heard. Since the beginning, your organization has confused the gospel of Christ with perfectionism and your founding fathers taught (at one point) that the Savior Himself had a fallen sinful nature. Your dogma of the "investigative judgment" denies the completed work of the atonement and the writtings of your prophet, Ellen White, are held in higher esteem than the Bible by the majority of your people. You interpret the texts you choose through the filters of your own bias and refuse to give the glory and honor to Christ and Him alone. We could go back and forth citing argument after argument but to no avail. You will not acknowledge that everything, including the Sabbath finds its "yes" in Christ. I spent five long years under the yoke of your cultic organization before the Lord God opened my eyes to the gospel of justification by faith. I watched with a broken heart as hundreds of men and women - preachers, teachers and laity in your church were ostercised, persecuted, and defrocked of church membership because they would not deny the gospel of justification by faith alone. My heart is still crushed by the arrogance and self-righteousness shone by your leaders and churchmen as they destroyed the hope and spirituality of thousands. God forgive what your organization has done.Now, my christian brothers and sisters that have been a witness to this message - I am heartfully sorry that this had to be said. Please forgive me if I have caused anyone to stumble or to lose even a measure of faith in Christ. This was not my intention, nor was it my purpose to create any focus upon myself or RND that would take anything away from Christ. Here I stand. I can do no more.Christ plus nothing,Brother Bernard

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thankyou brotherbernard This has been my reason for debating this. To see Gods word through the glasses of mens lies and trations blurs the truth. Whether it is RND's sight we are discussing here or others. We have to learn to hear God above Men.I am glad God took off your gasses and let you see clearly. Your words should be listened too as you have walked in RND's path and learned this by experience.God Bless to you