My Ex-Girlfriend...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

astrosfan

Dec 16, 2006
Well this is the story... I asked this girl out about 3 weeks ago and we were dating. Then she said a week later 'I don't know if I want a boyfriend right now...' Her life was stressful at the time because the drill team tryouts were the week later and her best friend had been nearly raped at school so it was very emotional for her. I told her 'I really like you still but if you want to be friends we can be' but I didn't hear what she said. Anyways the day after she was avoiding me and I was telling my friends about it, and they told me to break up with her first. I didn't want to add anymore stress to her life, so I didn't, and at the end of the day she told me why she was avoiding me [Her mom deleted her AIM because we were talking too much]. And so last week the drill tryouts were going on and I was still confused if we were going out or not. About on Thursday last week I started praying [I'm not very religious, I stopped going to church at about 3 because I was crying too much and now I think its my duty to go again and be loyal to Christ.] This was my first time ever praying and I told the Lord 'Please God, help me and my girlfriend have a good relationship and please allow her to make the drill team'. The tryouts were on Friday [yesterday] and she ended up not making it. I felt bad and so today I felt like going somewhere with her and maybe cheering her up. I asked her what she was doing that day and she replied 'I'm not sure, I'm at best buy right now' on her phone. And then I told her I wanted to go somewhere with her, and she said 'Are we even going out?'. I told her I didn't know and was confused about the whole thing and she told me that we should stay friends...Now I'm confused, I really liked this girl but it seems that at the time I started praying something bad happened to her and me...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It seems to me things were not going good before you decided to prayso then out of your desire to bring about a certain outcome you decided to pray God doesn't work that way we can't just decide when we suddenly want something we'll just ask God and he doesn't do what we want we doubt him.For one thing you are not all knowing maybe its not best for you and her to be together for future reasons you do not know or maybe if she made the team she would have gotten hurt these are the things God knows not you You need to have enough faith to believe God knows what best for you and does that thing not your will.Secondly you should pray Gods will be done not yours and lastly may I ask what it is you have done or God? have you repented in Christs name? have you professed your love for him?Or just asked him to give you what you want when you wanted it?