My faith waxes and wanes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God seems to keep me in a perpetual state of "just enough for the day." I understand why He does it. I happen to be one of those who still needs that. I easily trust Him when I have more than enough, but when it starts to get down to the wire with finances, I'm too easily swayed to worry.

I hate this about myself that I forget to trust and begin to worry. He snaps me back to attention much more quickly than in the past, but I guess...I just wish I could once and for all not sink to the temptation to worry, recognize it immediately, and not sink before I realize it has started to happen.

I guess if there is any good news in this, it's that I am continually reminded how poor in spirit I am and how I can sink like a rock in water in mere seconds because of my poverty of Spirit.

I just feel like I will never be strong and unshakable. I'm the neediest and wobbliest christia n I know. But I know that God blesses the poor in spirit who recognize their need and weakness. And know that when I am weak, then I am strong.

Just some human thing in me that wants to collect more than enough for the day and that wants to place my trust in a stockpile instead of in Him.

I've rambled as usual.
I think your really good user name contains the key to the matter...:)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Ivor

Dec 9, 2018
Barnsley
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have always had sustenance and covering and anything else is a bonus ......We never had a palace but we have had nice places and quality food and we have also been registered homeless and had nothing but the next meal given by a friend - we have happily given and also gratefully accepted food parcels ....... So a palace with a banquet or a tent and a potato becomes adequate. Life goes in seasons for some like us with good times and bad and that's just how it is at that time

Don't accept the "Name it and Claim it" con that men owning several planes use to take your wealth from you for themselves

B

brakelite

God seems to keep me in a perpetual state of "just enough for the day." I understand why He does it. I happen to be one of those who still needs that. I easily trust Him when I have more than enough, but when it starts to get down to the wire with finances, I'm too easily swayed to worry.

I hate this about myself that I forget to trust and begin to worry. He snaps me back to attention much more quickly than in the past, but I guess...I just wish I could once and for all not sink to the temptation to worry, recognize it immediately, and not sink before I realize it has started to happen.

I guess if there is any good news in this, it's that I am continually reminded how poor in spirit I am and how I can sink like a rock in water in mere seconds because of my poverty of Spirit.

I just feel like I will never be strong and unshakable. I'm the neediest and wobbliest christia n I know. But I know that God blesses the poor in spirit who recognize their need and weakness. And know that when I am weak, then I am strong.

Just some human thing in me that wants to collect more than enough for the day and that wants to place my trust in a stockpile instead of in Him.

I've rambled as usual.
There is not a single temptation or trial that man experiences that God in his mercy does not also provide a solution for, and the strength, wisdom, and power to overcome. I pray @stunnedbygrace that we all may come to a point where we, like you, realise that without Christ we can do nothing. Knowing and realising our own compete inadequacies is the first step to victory. . None who trust in their own selves can ever expect help from God. Those who sit like Queens, believing themselves rich, increased with goods needing nothing, are in reality miserable poor blind and naked.
Your awareness of your own need of Christ and Him only is your greatest asset.