My faith waxes and wanes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God seems to keep me in a perpetual state of "just enough for the day." I understand why He does it. I happen to be one of those who still needs that. I easily trust Him when I have more than enough, but when it starts to get down to the wire with finances, I'm too easily swayed to worry.

I hate this about myself that I forget to trust and begin to worry. He snaps me back to attention much more quickly than in the past, but I guess...I just wish I could once and for all not sink to the temptation to worry, recognize it immediately, and not sink before I realize it has started to happen.

I guess if there is any good news in this, it's that I am continually reminded how poor in spirit I am and how I can sink like a rock in water in mere seconds because of my poverty of Spirit.

I just feel like I will never be strong and unshakable. I'm the neediest and wobbliest christia n I know. But I know that God blesses the poor in spirit who recognize their need and weakness. And know that when I am weak, then I am strong.

Just some human thing in me that wants to collect more than enough for the day and that wants to place my trust in a stockpile instead of in Him.

I've rambled as usual.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God seems to keep me in a perpetual state of "just enough for the day." I understand why He does it. I happen to be one of those who still needs that. I easily trust Him when I have more than enough, but when it starts to get down to the wire with finances, I'm too easily swayed to worry.

I hate this about myself that I forget to trust and begin to worry. He snaps me back to attention much more quickly than in the past, but I guess...I just wish I could once and for all not sink to the temptation to worry, recognize it immediately, and not sink before I realize it has started to happen.

I guess if there is any good news in this, it's that I am continually reminded how poor in spirit I am and how I can sink like a rock in water in mere seconds because of my poverty of Spirit.

I just feel like I will never be strong and unshakable. I'm the neediest and wobbliest christia n I know. But I know that God blesses the poor in spirit who recognize their need and weakness. And know that when I am weak, then I am strong.

Just some human thing in me that wants to collect more than enough for the day and that wants to place my trust in a stockpile instead of in Him.

I've rambled as usual.

I’m right there beside you. Felt it all as you have said. You are not some oddity but a rarity and precious in His sight.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm an exceedingly leaky vessel. :)

Tears of regret. And Tears of joy. Experienced both here. :oops:

2 Timothy 1:3-7
[3] I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; [4] Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; [5] When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. [6] Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. [7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm an exceedingly leaky vessel. :)

This is why. The glory is all His!
And you are in good company! :)

1 Cor 1 :25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in his presence. "

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've rambled as usual.
Sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be.

D

Dave L

I'm just the opposite. I couldn't doubt if I wanted to. I'm always victorious and excited about Christ. He screens every thought and imagination I have. And only those thoughts acceptable to him remain uncensored. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but this is how I live each day.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just the opposite. I couldn't doubt if I wanted to. I'm always victorious and excited about Christ. He screens every thought and imagination I have. And only those thoughts acceptable to him remain uncensored. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but this is how I live each day.

Amen! I say it takes more faith to NOT believe :)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
when it starts to get down to the wire with finances, I'm too easily swayed to worry.
wants to place my trust in a stockpile instead of in Him.[/QUOTE]

It takes courage to recognise weakness, just as it takes courage to trust God, when there is no vissible reason to do so.

One thing we all can do is learn to see when God has sustained us and to remember it.
This does help trust him the next time we have to.

Just as it hurts to start physical exerciseand gets easier as we exercise so Faith the more it is used gets easier.